Friday, February 09, 2007

The Mitten Queen Strikes!

Check this out! I’m minding my own business surfing my favorite blogs one day and I’m on The Mitten Queen Poops’s blog admiring the latest mittens and fingerless gloves the human mitten machine has made. On there she's made this brown pair of fingerless mitts with a red trim she said looked like something Laura Ingalls would wear.

C’mon who am I to resist a Laura Ingalls reference? I had to leave a likewise comment.

Before I could read and read all the books, I watched the TV show. My poor mother can attest to braiding my hair like Laura and I even remember a Laura Ingalls dress she made me—it was brown calico with orange buttons. Maybe that was an "Annie" dress though. I had a thing for Annie when I was Chunky’s age. Gah, I was such a girly girl!

Now I'm grown up and no longer dream of being a red headed orphan, I could still end up like Laura Ingalls in the Canadian wilderness on my potato farm.

And guess what I’ll have covering my hands when I hoe my potatoes?

100_2724

Can you believe that? Poops sent them to me!!! What a sweetheart!

100_2725

Thanks Poops, my jaw dropped when I opened the envelope and realized what they were!

Now about when Ma and Pa Ingalls were born (I’m just assuming here, humor me, I’m leading up to a segue!) the Alamo was going down in San Antonio.

Approximately 170 years later, my boys would go visit it one last time before we left San Antonio.

100_2717

Check it out! Would you say that qualifies as a Crockett Tub(b)? Yes, that was awful on so many different levels, I know.

100_2721

Don't you love the way that right ear sticks out more than the left? Stephen Colbert has this problem too, so I still have hope for him leading a normal life. Ha ha!

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! Chunkie looks so much happier in these pictures than the ones you took of him there way back when. And the mitties are really cool! I thought that you were going to say you made them, and I was about to have an attack! Today I have been watching a moose in my snow covered garden eating out of my compost pile. I hope to get pics for Chunkie. Love, Mom

11:47 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

The mitts are great! Chunkie does look happy. And if mom sends the photos of the moose dining on the compost - you'll have to share them!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Oh my gosh! Your son is just adorable.

12:11 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Bezzie Ingalls! Maybe you're Albert's long lost sister... ;)

Nice mitts! How great of poops to send them to you!

Chunky looks like he's having a great time! And the ear thing is very cute. :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Magatha said...

I try hard not to comment about peep's kiddo and family pics, but this Chunky kid is just too damn cute not to say so. Good grief look at that smile! Wow. You're a lucky mom.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful surprise!

My little sister had the LHOTP thing bad. She was exactly the right age when the TV series was running.

We have a running joke with Owen that if he drives me too nuts in the summer, I'll sign him up for Little House on the Prairie day camp. They offer such a thing around here. He shapes up in a hurry when I make that threat.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Tiffany said...

Happy no more work day! =D That really is funny about our similarities. I hope your move goes well, and thanks for the well wishes to me! =)

4:49 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Your little guy is such a gem!!

I love those fingerless numbers....awesome and so nice for you to be on the receiving end of a great treat!!! Enjoy those!!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

What an awesome RAK! Ya know, I don't think we've been to the Alamo since we've been here.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome Mitts! Chunky is cute as always!! Hehe Bezzie Ingalls, I like it! ;)

9:53 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

He is so cute! And score on the gloves! I was Annie Obsessed too! I saw the play in LA when I was about 9, and then got to be Mrs. Hannigan in a community theater production... so much fun! Great shot, great pun!

10:21 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Sweet mitties! And I so can not wait to see you all. Less than a week!

-T.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

The gloves/mittens are cool. Don't let anyone talk crap about Little House on the Prairie! I used to love that show. Did you like the Anne of Green Gables books? I used to have all of them! NOw they're lost. :(

Chunky is the perfect sightseeing picture poser. ;)

7:00 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Hi Bezzie Ingalls
I adore Stephen Colbert so Chunky has a great mentor!

Those mitts are fabulous! All the other Prairie girls will be so jealous.

I loved the LH books too-I'm older so I got to read them before the television series.

11:51 AM  
Blogger tejiendo said...

I adored Annie!!! Read and reread all the books. Cool mittens by the way.

I bet if you were in that picture you'd be radiating just as much happiness!!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Poops rocks!

Just in time for your move too. Just think of the snow waiting for you.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Criosa said...

You know, Ma Ingalls family is buried not too far from where my parents live. (I think I've got that right.)

We had Little House fever when we were kids too. Living in the 'Big Woods' state gave us lots of Little House travel opportunities.

have a safe move.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Danielle said...

I was such a crazed, die-hard fan of the books that I refused to watch the show because it added events that didn't happen in the books.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home