Friday, February 23, 2007

Sigh.

Day Five In New Jersey: Still in the hotel.

The realtor we went with is apparently a part time realtor. And apparently the chick representing the landlord of the place where we signed the lease (also a realtor with his company) can't seem to meet with her client to get her to sign the motherfucking lease. Yesterday the realtor was sick and couldn't do it, blah blah blah.

You know, I've got $3800 with this landlord's name on it and the promise of $1200 a month in rent for 12 months thereafter (why yes, I realize this is a decent sized mortgage payment. Can I tell you how much I HATE being a fucking nomad living nowhere for more than X years at one place at a time?). The place is sitting empty. Why is it so hard for these people to get back to me? I mean seriously!

If we've signed a lease but the landlord hasn't, are we legally bound by that lease? Or can we pull out? Hm. Interesting. Because I'd love to use that as fucking leverage right now.

I guess if worse comes to worse, we'll toss the cats on side of the road, put our belongings in storage (the truck is due back Sunday) and live on credit in hotels while I wait for these asshats to get their shit together or we find a new place. (Sorry cats, you're costing me $20/day at this hotel and a $600 pet deposit at this alleged new apartment, Mommy can't afford to try and find a new cat-friendly place if this place falls through).

I'll give them until 3:00 p.m. until I call back again.

SIGH.

But I'll leave you with a cute kid picture courtesy of my Oldest Younger Brother's wife, Kindubkin, who I finally got to meet--they've only been married for six years and have four kids now! She's one cool cat!

It's Chunky riding around with his cousin Booshe. She's 11 mos. younger than him and they hit it off immediately. We never saw much of the two of them as soon as we rolled into North Carolina.

th_feb07204

Aw! Aren't they cute? Sorry for the tiny picture. I'm out of my realm blogging on Dr. Mad Scientist's laptop and ripping off other people's pictures! Ha ha!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Bezzie, I hope it all gets resolved soon - I know how stressful this is. Same thing happened to us when we moved to CO for DH's law school. Good luck :) Come visit me in Delaware!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

BEZZIIIIIIIIE! Hmm. Where's their office? Can you stalk them? With nail-studded boards? I'm sure you'll get in in another day or two - and then you can unpack your boxes and breathe again.

By the way. Summer is here. You've escaped it.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

Perhaps you could talk to the landlord directly? Tell her your situation. Perhaps she'll take pity on you.

I bet Pa Ingalls never had to deal with an asshat realtor...

3:13 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Hope this all gets resolved soon. I'd be going nuts about now. Hopefully everyon is doing well and not too frustrated yet.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh this just really really really sucks. I hope it's been resolved even while I'm typing this.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Amby said...

Awww...I'll bet there are a hundred knitbloggers that would offer you shelter should it come to that. I've been following your progress on the Knitty thread...we're all rooting for you. Oh yeah, and give that asshat realtor some Bezzie-tude!

5:49 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Dude, don't abandon the cats. Take the $600 deposit and send them to me. We already know Springs likes my cupboards.

But, in seriousness, I hope you get to move into your new place soon.

-T.

11:38 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Sheesh! Asshats indeed! I've never heard of a landlord who wasn't ready to take your money. Usually they've got their hands out at the sound "we'll ta..."

I'm no lawyer, but I would think that until both parties sign, it's not a binding agreement. As long as you get the papers back in your hands, my guess is you could bail.

But, I'm hoping they called back and it all worked out! Will keep my fingers and toes and whatever other appendages bend that way crossed for you!

On a happier note, adorable pic! :)

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Either _ _ it will hit the fan, or something else will come up. Is there anything I can do for you from this end? Just let me know. I, too have my fingers, toes, eyes etc. crossed for you all. Love, Mom
PS: Those two are so cute together.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Starfish said...

ugh! well let me know if you want to move to Long Island, hubby's a real estate agent here!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home