Monday, February 12, 2007

This Concludes Our Broadcast Day

(Insert the National Anthem Here)

Dr. Mad Scientist wants to dub this move "The Manhattan Project." I laughed and told him that when we visit my Oldest Younger Brother in Goldsboro at the Air Force base they'll NEVER let us on if we mention that. Something about moving trucks and explosions. Would you blame them?

100_2726
My bedroom on Saturday--notice the lazy cat there. It's a wonder I keep him on the payroll.

I call to cancel the internet/phone/cable today and return the equipment tomorrow.

I pack up Chunky's room and the bathroom today. (The last two rooms left.)

I clean the oven today.

I clean everything else tomorrow.

We pack the truck on Wednesday.

We leave on Thursday morning.

100_2729
Oof.

Actually this trip should be a good one. We're doing the great-sibling tour on the way there. We'll spend the night in ATL with my Older Younger Sister, another night with my Oldest Younger Brother in Goldsboro, and the night before we roll into New Jersey with Dr. Mad Scientist's brother and his wife (The Spawners). I haven't seen most of them in years. I haven't even met Oldest Younger Brother's wife or his FOUR kids!

So we'll catch y'all on the flip side. Hopefully the next time you'll hear from me I'll be a Jersey girl lighter a few more thousand dollars from this move, but with some real knitting content to post again!

Keep sending in your KAYE entries--I'll add you to the pool when I get back. By the time I get reconnected I'll probably be pulling February's winner too!

Happy trails! Until we meet again!

Labels:

30 Comments:

Blogger tejiendo said...

Wishing you a safe and happy trip!!
Mt. Sinai will look more impressive than UTSA on your DH's resume.
May the NE have all the things you found lacking in Texas.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Hmmm I don't know how to wish a "mover" a good trip...if you were a sailor/cruiser/boat person I'd say "Fair winds and mild seas." Hmmm I will wish you "Light (I go for none at all...but is that really likely?) traffic and no speed traps." :)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Okay... second try... if this shows up multiple times, it isn't my fault. Having moved across country a few times, I recommend finding fun/interesting places to eat along the way. I had the best pecan-praline pancakes soemwhere in Southern Illinos during our last move.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Mamma said...

Best Wishes to you for a safe and fun move. See you soon Jersey Girl!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Have a great trip! Let me know when you're ready to do a yarn crawl in NYC!

9:15 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I always think a road trip is exciting! Have a funa nd safe journey!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

We're going to miss you! Drive safe. You have tons of knitting time ahead of you! Take lots of pictures. Look up local libraries to go online and keep us updated! ;)

9:47 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

When your settled let me know, I'll train up to have lunch! Or you cna come on down here to see the King Tut exhibit!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous ruth said...

Hope you have a safe and fun journey.

10:01 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Good luck with your move!

"May the road rise up to meet you."

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I want on the payroll!!! If you are paying a cat to be lazy why not pay ME? I can be just as lazy! Have fun on this trip and don't push it. Getting from ATL to NC is a good eight hour drive. Done that, and we were not driving a big truck. Be safe. Love, Mom

11:29 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

It sounds like you've got everything sorted. Have a safe journey. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures at the other end.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I wish you luck and the move and hope everything gets there safely. We will miss you down here in the Lone Star state.....but I know you won't miss us!!
:-P

12:46 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Have a safe trip, sweetie! It's been nice getting to know you!

1:13 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Texas' loss is NY/NJ's gain!

Best of luck to you. May the wind be at your back and all that jazz.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

They're coming closer! The Bezzies are approaching our corner of the world, how exciting!

Have a safe trip.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous angela said...

Good luck and stay safe. I can't wait to read about your adventures, and see what you knit! Hope you are back online soon!

8:28 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Can't wait to see ya!

-T.

11:01 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Have a great road trip! The days before the next meandering will crawl slowly by.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

happy trails and the blogesphere will be a little lonlier while you're away!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Good luck on your big move! Talk to you when you are reconnected!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Happy Trails! Hurry home! I'm really happy for you guys, have a fun trip home.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wishes for a safe, cheap, and good move!

I'll be thinking about you guys!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous JennaKate said...

Your title reminded me of Poltergeist... how ominous.
Safe & happy moving to you! May all your roads be speed-trap-free, and your rest stops clean and sanitary!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

I still can't believe you're not going to be in San Antonio the next time I go there. I'm so glad we got to hang out before you left! The Karmas are wishing you a safe trip.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

This is so exciting. I've been thinking of you all week. Happy trails!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

All the best, can't wait to hear all your tales!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Are ya there yet? Are ya there yet?
Just thinking of you guys and wishing you all a smooth transition.

2:57 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Hope it is all going ok. Take care x

3:13 PM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

Good Luck and happy driving!!The east Coast is lucky to be getting the three of you!!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home