Monday, March 12, 2007

Move, blah, blah, blah, move...

Chunky has started to "blah, blah, blah" stuff.

When he "reads" me a book at night, if he's tired, he'll just say "blah, blah, blah" when he hits the middle of the book so he can hurry up and go to bed.

So for the week of Feb. 19 through the 26th when we were living in the hotel, I'll just blah, blah, blah it for you.

We loafed, we surfed (thank you wireless internet connection!), and we drove to Walmart about a gazillion times waiting for the idiot realtors to get their shit together.

We had to entertain ourselves quite a bit.

Sometimes this involved the cats.

Behold, a simple hotel set of drawers!

drawer

Wait a minute! That's not Gideon's Bible!

springs

Crap, it appears to be an infestation!

squeaky

Sad part? They actually enjoyed curling up into these drawers and letting us close them up. Crazy cats!

Tomorrow: I'll show you pics of our new place.

And just because I'm so excited about this, I'll leave you with a pic of something I'm working on:

100_2897

I've been slowly trying to figure out how to get a job here (this is tricky when you factor Chunky and daycare into the equation). As part of doing this, I emailed one of my old bosses back in Lansing (the cool one that came before The Man) to make sure he's still cool with being a reference. He wrote back happy to be a reference and mentioned that he and his wife are expecting another little girl in June.

Of course I had to knit something! There's a decent story behind this little jumper...but I'll get into it when I present the final knitted object. Gotta keep y'all in suspense.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Queen Frogger said...

Cute dress and cute cats!! I hope you settle in your new home well. x

7:41 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Hide and go seek with kitties! So cute. So is the jumper.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Inky said...

kitties are an endless source of amusement.

i had one that liked to jump inside a bag and get carried around the house. I think I enjoyed it as much as he did.

8:26 AM  
Blogger janna said...

The kitties are so cute. Mine would both hide under the bed and refuse to move, I'm sure....

Cute baby dress!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hehehe! Great source of entertainment for everyone I see! Cute little dress!! :)

9:41 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Ooh, that dress is adorable. And now I'm wondering if our cats would like to hang out in drawers.


Blahblahblahshowusphotosofyournewdigs!!!!!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

"That's not Gideon's bible...." LMAO!

You are a nut!

10:52 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Oh those silly little kitties! (You did remember to take them to your new place didn't you?)

The jumper is very cute.

side note: On Sat. I got my hair done and told my hairdresser (who is dealing with cervical cancer now) about the kootchie awareness and she was very impressed!

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! For the entertaining cats! But if I remember rightly the black and white one was always an entertainer! Fetching bottle caps! That little knit jumper is Soooooo cute! I can see it on a "Chunkette". Love, Mom

11:53 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That jumper is CUTE!!! I love it! Why must you keep us in suspense.....

12:01 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Can not wait to see the new drawers your got for the cats! ;) What a cute jumper, you sure know to say thank you! Very nice. Good luck in your search!

1:47 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Um, Squeaky doesn't seem to be enjoying the drawer as much as Springs. And, I bet Springs could get anyone just as close to god as any Gideon's Bible.

-T.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Ooh that's pretty!

Your cats are so cute.

6:37 PM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Cat infestation? Only one cure for cats...cars.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home