Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Our Move--Part 2

But first, as promised, the February KAYE drawing! I'm only a week late into March, not too bad huh?

So I popped all of February's entrants and all of the Januarys that didn't win last month into the old random number generator and number 16 was pulled.

Who was number 16?

Why Turtlegirl of course!

What does she win?

I thought it would be fitting in honor of our departure to make February's prize Texas-centric. So on it's way to Turtlegirl is a skein of Hill Country Yarn Instant Gratification sock yarn in the "Bluebonnet" color. Bluebonnets are the state flower of Texas. However, where I'm from, we call bluebonnets "lupines." And the Hill Country is a part of Texas north of San Antonio and south of Austin that's well--hilly!

Keep those entries coming!!!! Keep in mind just because you didn't win this month doesn't mean that you can't win later on this year, only the monthly winners get their names removed from the pool!

Dr. Mad Scientist's health insurance kicks in on April 1 so soon I'll be able to join in the fun as well (although my name doesn't go in the pool!)

Alright, as promised, on to Part 2 of our move!

February 16, 2007

This was the day we crossed three states. We woke up in Louisiana, drove through Mississippi, then Alabama and ended up in Atlanta, Georgia.

I wish we had been on more of a leisurely timetable because I would have pulled over at the exit sign and taken a picture of the exit for Chunky, Mississippi!

Traffic was moving pretty good until we hit Alabama. Before we crossed into Georgia, we got stuck in some bumper to bumper.

AL going into GA

I snapped a picture of this guy I was stuck behind in the jam because at that point, I myself was Exhausto. Even though you're sitting on your butt all day, driving sure can wipe you out!

As we were driving through Alabama we happened upon what I believed to be was a big Boy Scouts of America headquarters/memorial or something. It was right off the interstate and they had errected a mini-yet-still-pretty-big Statue of Liberty replica.

Upon seeing this, of course Chunky thought we had arrived in New York! Ha ha!

We sucessfully rolled into Atlanta to visit my sister T. with no major mishaps late that afternoon.

Aunt Mush and A
I think it was Poops that dubbed pictures like these "Earl Hickey" shots where the kid in question has their eyes closed!

T. cooked us a splendid dinner of Hamburger Helper. HH is a main staple in our menus when we have a home and was a nice change of pace from the road-food we had been eating!

After dinner she took us on a walk to see The Portfolio Center a design/advertising/writing school she's attending.

nightwalk

By this time it was dark out, but it was only a short walk from where she lives to the PC.

Inside the PC she gave us a tour of the lobby-ish area and the hallways where she had some of her work displayed.

T and Gscout
T. and Chunky next to an ad series for Girl Scout cookies.


Gscouts

I can't remember if she did the design on this or just came up with the copy on this ad. I hope just the copy. I'm a little disturbed T. that only the white girls are skinny. What's up with that?

And if you're not bored already, I have to show off this ad series she did for Columbia Sportswear. Keep in mind these are just "practice" companies. They aren't real ads, but this series was my favorite.

Grampys Heater
Ha ha!

Handwarmers
The three items under the eggs read: 1. Hard boil eggs 2. Cool until warm 3. Place in mittens and go 4. Upon arrival, eat eggs and enjoy! Or, get Columbia.

Waterproof Sock
Under this one it reads: 1. Eat bread 2. Insert foot into bag 3. Insert bagged foot into boot 4. Wear Or, get Columbia.

Classic!! She said her classmates told her that she was very creative in coming up with the egg and bread bag idea. But the reason I found these so funny is because as kids, we always used to have bread bag lined boots and I remember mom boiling eggs for handwarmers all the time! Ha ha!

Then she took us out for the driving tour of Atlanta.

puffy's

That's P-Diddy's restaurant in the background there. Or is he just Diddy or Puffy now?

Trying to get good night-time-out-of-the-car photos is hard but Dr. Mad Scientist got a decent one of the World of Coke sign.

world of coke

Remember what I said about driving being exhausting? Well on our quick and dirty tour of Atlanta-- it caught up with the boys!

tired boys

We finished up our tour of ATL with a quick stop to peer in the windows of Huff Furniture to see the furniture that only crack dealers and crazy rich people can buy. They didn't permit photography of their store, yes, it was that presumptious!

Before we left the next morning T. and I let Chunky have the camera and he took some really great pictures of us!

sisters w/no double chins

That's our "let's not have a double chin in the picture" pose! (And of course Chunky made us pose with his stuffed monkey Rosie too.)

Well thanks for reading this far. Tomorrow--North Carolina!!





Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

It's like a vacation within a move! Glad you're back!!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

You two are almost twins!

10:37 AM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Those are some mean sexy, double-chinless chins!

Great pics! I'm going to have to steal them once, well, I have a computer with which to steal.

Can't wait until the next installment.

-T.

10:43 AM  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Aw, Bezzie. So glad you're back. You're surely keeping me in stitches. My appt. is next week. So expect an email.;)

11:19 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I'm so glad you got to have a little fun on the way in the Atl.


I'll have to practice that double chin pose next time I see my sister.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok! I admit I am guilty of the boiled eggs and bread bag socks! But in my defense we could not afford Columbia!! You do what you have to do when it is cold outside. As for that double-chinles pose I will have to remember that!! Love, Mom

11:58 AM  
Blogger LilKnitter said...

I love how every one of your siblings I have seen so far has had very significant family resemblances! You're all so cute!

12:10 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Ewe said...

Yup, you and sis are practically twins!

I need to get on the ball and get my exam done so I can enter in KAYE. I still haven't gone for my post partum exam and Tater was born 6 months ago. Whoops! Lol Congrats, TG!!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Ha ha! I was going to ask if you were twins too. My siblings and I are all so similar that strangers know who I am on sight. My closest brother introduces me as his twin and nobody questions it. He'd better be looking young rather than me looking old!

I can't contemplate driving those distances, if I drove that far I'd be in southern Spain, no wonder you were exhausted.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Knit Mongrel said...

Rock on - I LOVE road trips... though I certainly understand the exhaustion. I think it's staring at the passing scenery all day. I drove to Montana from Chicago once, and it nearly killed me. Fields. For miles. Ok, the occasional buffalo. Yeesh. Hope the rest of your driving is traffic-free! (Oh, and I'm pretty sure you're right - Whale's Vagina does NOT have fall. Poop.)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

You and your sis are so cute! There is absolutely no chance anyone would even think my sibs and I are related. Genes are wacky things.

Glad you're back in blogland, I'm really enjoying the recap.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Sunshyne said...

awwwww, this pose makes me miss my sister... too cute.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Sunshyne said...

I meant this "post"...but the pose makes me think of my sister too...

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home