Friday, March 09, 2007

Our Move--Part 4

Man, this is getting old!

Today is all about bridges.

February 19, 2007

We crossed three bridges on the 19th.

potomac bridge
The Potomac

chesapeake bay
Over Chesapeake Bay

Marvel in my "point the camera out the window while holding the steering wheel with the other hand and just press the shutter" skills won't you?

c bay
That's still the Chesapeake Bay.

Finally it was the Delaware Memorial Bridge:
del. mem bridge

That one was taken using my steering wheel as a tripod.

Dr. Mad Scientist's brother turned us on to taking US 301 up into New Jersey instead of the route Mapquest told us to take. Even though the 19th was President's Day (we even drove by George Washington's Birthplace which I guess is right of 301!) and presumably most Federal Joe Jobbers would have day off, we didn't want to have to mess with all the D.C./Baltimore traffic.

Great suggestion on Dr. MS's brother's part. It was much more scenic with virtually no traffic.

And Trill I had to get a shot at a stoplight in your town just to prove I was there!

bowie!

We rolled into New Jersey and started north on the Turnpike in the late afternoon.

We pulled over at Exit 8 and rolled into a Days Inn in East Windsor. They (and apparently all hotels nearby) didn't allow cats, but the sweet front desk clerk made an exception for us. Course he charged us $20 extra a night. The things I do for furbag love huh?

As such, we settled into Room 112, our home, for what we didn't know then, for a week.

room 112

As you can see, the $20-a-night-furbags quickly made themselves comfy.

buttnester

Even I couldn't knit a butt-warmer that cozy.

Tomorrow or sometime this weekend: Frustration and knitting--I swear!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

AH, yes, the kitty has the glowing eyes that say, "WTF? Where AM I???".

I know that look well, having moved cats half-way across the country myself.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So learning to drive on Outer and Inner Springer Loops was good for you!!! You now can take pics and drive at the same time. Was Chunky holding onto the "OH! SHIT!" handles? Nice bridges! Love, Mom

11:26 AM  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Jinkies Bezzie, I think it's a clue! Great photo of the cat. (also,I'm in a Scooby-Doo mood.) :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I hate driving over bridges!

When we moved one of our little furbags started pulling her hair out in clumps. That was four years ago and she still does it sometimes. We must have really traumatized her and we only moved 5 miles. Glad to see your kitties are holding up better!

1:20 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

So many bridges, and we get to see your fab hotel room.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

holy geeze. is dr ms reading a dictionary?

6:40 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Didn't you just love the Nice Bridge. Hubby works just over that bridge and we like to call it "The Scaffolding of Death". Glad you are finally settled!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Kin Dubkin said...

The Chesapeake bridge is freaky-no? I think I have crossed it over 5 times-it never ceases to be freaky.
I am glad when you took your photo, you did not careen over the edge and die.
Cause see, that is what I would have been thinking, on that bridge.
I no likey.
I loike the pic of MS, now that i know him, it is more personal. :)
Hey- a housewarming gift is on its' way!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

So glad I wasn't with you over those bridges!! Glad things are finally getting there!!! Yay!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Lola said...

Thank you so much for passing through Bowie! I live very near the stadium (just about 4-5 miles away from my house). Glad the drive-through went smoothly for y'all . . .

5:43 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

How much would I love to call the office and say, "I'm sorry, I can't come in today. I have cat on the ass."

1:47 PM  
Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

Bezzie! *screams*

I wasn't kidding when I said I was literally 2 traffic lights from that BaySox sign in TrillianTown... I pass by it EVERY day I go to work


I am so glad you all made safe and sound to NJ...do you still have those cool banners I sent you in TX?

kiss kiss hugs hugs to all :)

roxinator

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home