Friday, March 16, 2007

A Rosie By Any Other Name

It has been a while since I knit anything for Chunky's stuffed monkey, Rosie.

Even though it's time for Rosie to take a trip with me to the laundromat, I think she looks stunning in a knock-off of the Boss's Baby Jumper I made earlier this week.

000_0147

The green really matches her eyes and it's just in time for St. Patrick's Day!

You can see the color a bit better in the picture Chunky took of her here:

000_0148

That's the same yarn I used to knit Bronty last spring. The fun fur trim is some Bernat Disco in the "Jungle Jive" color. Pretty fitting for a monkey huh?

My mom got a similar monkey from my Youngest Younger Brother for Christmas this year so there are plans to make Lily (mom's monkey) a dress too.

I really need to find a freaking job. Or find someone to pay me for knitting monkey sweater dresses.

But in the meantime I'm enjoying my free time using all types of mediums to create.

I did a run of some self-adhesive bookplates this week too.

bookplate

That's one of the crappier ones I did on one of the crappier knitting books I own.

Hopefully a month from now I'll be back to knitting a few rows of a sock on my lunch break and knitting at night in front of the tube.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

You'll find a job. Walmart! Ha!!! You get 10% off of non-grocery items if you are an employee! Not to mention, you get to wear the cool looking vests ;-p

How do you make those book plates? That is cool.

Take care,

Kay

12:43 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Good luck on the job front! I was laid off from a job a few years back and I know how tough it is to be on the prowl. Love the monkey dress. ;)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm still learning to flash or not to flash;) I see you're all settled in if the knitting has commenced! Rosie's dress is adorable! Was it you who posted for the bracelets from the "Make the Connection" campain? I just got mine yesterday.

1:23 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

That's the best dressed monkey in all New Jersey!

Good luck on the job search. I hope you have no time to knit soon. :)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Love the jumper! Knitting for toys is fun, they can't say they don't like it. LOL Good luck with the job search too!

2:11 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Good luck on the job search! Hubby had to do one at this time last year and now it is looking like he will have to again.

I love the monkey dress. I wish a had enough money to have monkey dress store and we could knit them all day!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

You'll know it's time to go back to work when you're making yourself a dress to match the monkey...

3:58 PM  
Blogger janna said...

A monkey in a dress..... I think I know a few of those! ;-)

But I love the bookplate -- not crappy at all!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I love the book plates...cute!!

I am loving the monkey and the dress!!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

I've resolved to look for a real job after I get back from Italy with my xMIL. Until then, temping has not been a bad thing, just FYI. If it sucks, you know it's temporary :). I'm kinda hoping to get a temp-to-permanent thing, actually. You know, find out just how evil a place is before I say yes for real.

7:16 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Ewe said...

Cute dress! She will look very fetching swinging from a vine in the jungle. Lol

Jobs are over rated anyway. ;)

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I can't wait to see Lily in her dress! I am not going to tell her till it comes in. I ordered a Lil Vanilla Cub the other day also! Sending good vibes to you on the job front. Hope your pick turns out and you don't have to get a job. That darn habit of eating is such a task master! Love, Mom

10:22 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Self-Adhesive eh? Do go on. Do you concoct a goop to slather on the back of plain paper to later be licked and sticked?

Rosie looks fabulous!

You'll find something soon. Don't worry. You're a resourceful chick.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Now that's one hip bear! I love that baby top. It's so funky.

Good luck job hunting! If the job fairy stops by here first, I'll shoo her over to your place when she's done.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I love the monkey dress. Just yesterday I was thinking that I need to knit something for my Teddy. Good luck on the job hunt!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Me likey the monkey jumper!

Fingers crossed something comes up soon.

Love the bookplate, it looks fab.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home