Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Virtual Circle Indeed!

My favorite midwest moshin' mommy does this thing on her blog she calls "Virtual Circle" wherein she poses a question to the cyberworld usually pertaining to a knitting question she has. We all then chime in and comment giving our two cents.

Hilariously enough, the Virtual Circle ringmaster herself came up with the answer to my knob problem!

00289990

There it is! Stacie has the same stove/oven and was able to locate her model number. Hey! This makes us oven twins! Oven Twins Activate!

Of course before she chimed in, I got impatient and ordered a different knob. What can I say? The siren's lure of the thought of freshly baked cookies is a strong one.

We'll see if the knob I ordered works or not. If it doesn't, no biggie. The place I ordered from has a 30 day money back/exchange policy. I can always exchange it for the right knob. Which of course costs twice as much and has to be special ordered.

So hold on to your knobs Stacie! They're precious commodity!

No real knitting to speak of. I've been busy getting odds and ends dealing with moving taken care of.

Today I get to go down to the Public Health Clinic and get Chunky immunized because Dr. Mad Scientist's health insurance doesn't kick in until April 1 and Chunky starts his new preschool April 2.

Oh boy. This should be fun.

But I'll also be able to get his kindergarden registration done too. They only process kindergarden registrations from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the cusp of the waning moon. It's very biased against working parents. I'd like to get it taken care of before I find a job.

I'm sure I'll have many exciting stories from the clinic to share tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Awesome! Your oven will be working again in no time!

The Internet really is an amazing... place? Thing? Entity?

7:36 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Whooo! So gad to hear that your oven is closer to baking some cookies. ;)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

One good thing about not working right now is getting your "admin" stuff taken care of. I don't think anything is very condusive to a work schedule:(

8:20 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cool beans!! Hope the first one works though..then you can be done! :)

8:21 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Glad you found the knob! Hopefully the one you ordered works.

I see cookies in your future.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Mamma said...

What kind of cookies are you going to bake first with your new fancy knob?
Forget the clinic, the good stories come from the school. I almost got into a fist fight with the secretary when I went in to register my oldest for kindergarden. Man that woman was a wench hopped up on a power trip being left all alone in charge of the office. You're going to love having a child in public school:p

9:39 AM  
Blogger LilKnitter said...

I anticipate exciting new Chunky stories ahead! A new preschool, and the beginning of kindergarten: fantastic fodder for hilarity, I hope.
Best of luck with the registering. My mum has been a school secretary for decades, and she says kindergarten registration season is a particularly crazy one!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH! Ha! Your knitting Buddies came through! May your fist batch of cookies be smelled all the way up here! I think Monster Cookies would do the trick! Good luck to Chunkie, I hope that he doesn't have to get too many shots. Make sure that you bring all his paper work to the school for his registration. Love, Mom

12:18 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I can't believe how much smarter my knitting buddies makes me.

Stacie rocks!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Glad you found an answer to your knob problem.

Welcome to the world of school. Remind me on Sunday to tell you the yelling match I had with the assistant principal over the times of PTA meetings.....

4:12 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Congrats on the oven-knob-findedness! And thanks for cheering me up, and intro'ing me to mommymoshpit -- I'm a fan of the Locas too!

xoxo!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah for working ovens!!! Boo on PH clinics...

My DPS office was the same way...which is why I ended up with a DL photo of me with my hair in a pony, wearing my lifeguarding tank. Grumble....

1:41 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I can almost smell the cookies you'll be making soon!!!

Kindergarten......he is going to have a blast!!!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Fingers crossed it works.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

That is hysterical!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

glad to be of service maam, and thanks for all the kind words, you can't see me, but I'm blushing!!
Form of... Oven Knobs!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home