Monday, April 30, 2007

Pennies and Penises

This weekend was OK. We don't do much on weekends because we don't have much of the throwin' around money for fun or gas. Our entertainment has been limited to going to the park, library, or grocery store for bi-weekly grocery shopping. This Saturday was grocery shopping.

On Sunday I was feeling bad. Like lower-intestinal dysfunction bad. I'll spare you all and leave it at that.

But by the evening, I was feeling well enough to cast on this:

100_3348

That's Bad Penny from Knitty. I figure since everyone else is all over Japel's Fitted Knits, I'll go the cheapass route and knit one of her freebies from a few years ago.

Oh and it's a top-down sweater. No sleeve seaming!

Speaking of Bad Pennies, Penny Karma is working on this devious plot that involves people crocheting this (don't open that if you're at work, have small impressionable children around, or if you're perhaps websurfing at church, or possibly all three).

Since I don't crochet I started knitting mine.

Ok, I'm about to post a picture of it.

Are you ready?

Are all the impressionable children gone?

C'mon Billy Boogerfliker, it's time for a nap!

Is the boss gone to get coffee?

You want cream with that Mr. Braunhoel?

Wait, has Father O'Prudence finished up his sermon yet?

Yeah, yeah, we all know we're going to Hell.

Ok, here we go:

100_3347

I think it kind of has a squid-look to it.

I provisionally cast on at the base of the shaft there. I'll unravel it to some live stitches so I can cast on the testes.

Penny's thinking about turning this sausage party into a worthwhile cause. Being an equal opportunist, how could I, the creator of the Kootchie Awareness Yarn Extravaganza, turn down the opportunity to knit a penis for a good cause?

Finally, the icing on my weekend came today in the form of a phone call that actually happened a few hours ago. Not technically the weekend I guess.

It was from that law firm I had been interviewing with.

They offered me the position! Woot! I will officially be working as legal paper pusher once again.

I'll get to work from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch. This is wonderful because I'll have plenty of time to get Chunky off to school in the morning and still make it to work.

I'll also be making a mere $3,600 less than Dr. Mad Scientist a year. Don't let anyone fool you about becoming a PhD or even a lawyer. Yes, they seem to equal big money, but not straight out of the gate, it takes years.

It's all about the earning potential of a high falutent edjumication. Yeah I might make nearly as much as he does with a lousy Associate of Arts degree in General Studies from Podunkia U. right now, but in a few years he should outstrip me in income. I won't make much more than what I'm making at this new place throughout my working life.

And finally the best part--I don't start until May 7. I've got a whole WEEK off to NOT worry about finding a job, going on interviews, etc. I can vegitate and work on knitting my testes and Bad Penny.

Labels: ,

36 Comments:

Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

I am so happy for you Bezzie! You will have some "running around having a good time dough" in no time!

I'll have to pass on the pee pee knitting. Hee hee (Hey, hee hee and pee pee rhyme.) Goodness, am I clever!

Hugs to you!!!!!!!

:-)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

This is great news. I'm so happy for you.

Squidward looks great. Very realistic.

11:41 AM  
Blogger LilKnitter said...

Yay for Bezzie!! I'm so glad you got the job. It's wonderful news.

Ok job-gnome! On to me now!

And your pink project: disturbing, but very cute. Whatever will you do with it once it's done? Take it to local high schools for prophylactic demonstrations?

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I have said before that I sit at my computer on a ball....and again I almost fell off laughing at your squid!! And then going to see the origanal!!! Glad that you got the monkey job! That is where you will be happy! And to think "THE MAN" is not there! Good luck on your free week! Hope you get a lot of knnitting done! Love, Mom

12:08 PM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Congrats on the new job!!!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Congrats on the job! I'm thinking you need something to do with your spare time...rather than questionable knitting...:-)

12:33 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Congratulations! And since this is my last week at work, I think I'll just go ahead and click that link! ;-)

12:51 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Nice shaft. ;)

Whoo hoo! Congrats on the new job! And a whole week off to...finish knitting your penis.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Congratulations!!! Amazing news.

1:03 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

That is fantastic news.....congratulations! And enjoy your week off ;-)

1:18 PM  
Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

You're working 9 to 5? What a way to make a livin'!

1:19 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Great news on the job front. I can't wait to hear all about your new advantures.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Purple E said...

congrats on the job! I'm sure a huge relief.

Lovin' the knit penis. Not going that route myself, but I did see it a few days ago. DH laughed!!

Congrats and good luck! (do you have to go fancy law firm clothes shopping?)

2:03 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Congrats on the new job!!! Enjoy the weather this week -- it's supposed to be a nice one!

PS. It's so cool that your mom reads your blog. I don't think I'd give my mom the url, even if she wasn't totally technophobic.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Congrats girl!! Glad it finally worked out your way!!! Giggle on squidward...I'm bowing outta this one..too many impressionable teens in my house LOL!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Yay Bezzie! I'm so happy for you :)

2:27 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Yay Bezzie!! I'm so happy for you!

Enjoy this last week as much as you can

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! congratulations on the new job!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

CONGRATS!!! Good for you! :)

3:23 PM  
Blogger buttercup said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm so happy for you! Plus a week off to bask in not being unemployed!

Congrats!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Congrats on the job! Now it's time for me to get one! :D I like that shirt/sweater you're making. No seaming! Sounds perfect. That man handle you're making is real pink! ;) Enjoy your week of pure relaxation!

3:31 PM  
Anonymous birdie said...

Rock on! Congrats at getting the job! As soon as you find out your email there, you should give it to me, and we'll start getting paid to write emails to each other throughout the work day May 21st (that's when I go back to the poc).
Enjoy your free week!!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Fabulous news! :)

5:25 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Ewe said...

Oh I am so glad the law firm job came thru for you! What a load off your little shoulders. :)

LOVE the positioning on the pic of your pink lil squid. HA!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

WooHoo! Congrats on the job!

About "degrees", there are actually "degrees" of degrees. Both my husband and I have a Bachelor's degree, and I'm actually closer to a Master's than he is, but his degree is in engineering and mine's in English. Despite the degree, he'll always have a greater earning potential than I ;).

Maybe your "special project" could evolve into warmers, like when men go camping. They might need a little extra protection from the elements. I can see them at L.L. Bean now. That would be hilarious!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I am so pleased they called and that you have a week to knit your penis LOL

Great stuff!!!

Oh and I am so goona be joining you once I finish my homeymoon cami and do that bad penny....I love that!!!!

7:06 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

I went to the UAS website. Could they have picked a better guy to be right there on the homepage? No. Absolutely not.

Congrats on the job! Congrats on the penis.

-T.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Susan said...

Congratulations on the job!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

Yeay!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and your new job!! Congrats, relaz, and enjoy your free week!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

CONGRATS!!!! So awesome. =)

8:48 PM  
Blogger JRS said...

Congratulations on the new job! Hope the lawyers there aren't anything like The Man!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Congratulations on the job! That must feel very good.

The "pink project" is looking fantastic (blush) too...

3:13 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You win on both counts! A job that suits your needs and best use of pink yarn! Yeah!!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Dude! I love your penis!

*poops wishes she had a nickel for every time she's said that in her life*

I'm making a knit one, too. We shall have to compare notes. Perhaps this will be a chapter in the book..."Chapter 4--Stampin' Out Cancer One Weenie at a Time".

Really. I'd read it.

(My word verification today is "ppubkag". Note that there is "pub" in the middle. As in "pubic". Timely. I'm just saying.)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

Check out my Flying pasta monster pattern for knit 'balls'.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congratulations! I'm really happy you found a job you like. Hope it works out well and everyone there knits. ;)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home