Friday, April 27, 2007

They Say She's Full of Cheese...

But I know she's full of spam!

I speak of Kay,The Cheesey Knit Wit of course!

Sara over at The Knotty Gnome Knits was giving away this cute teeny little Sophie bag she made and finished with one of her bajillion zippers she ordered off ebay. The goal of the contest was: whoever left comment number 42 got the bag.

Well like I said, I never knew Kay was so full of Spam! She commented and commented and commented and commented until she got to comment #42. And then sweetest of all sweets--she asked to have the bag sent to me!

100_3333
(Click on Sara's link above--she takes better pictures!)

Sophie is simply to die for! She's like an inverted chocolate covered raspberry--wooly and pinkish red on the outside and satiny brown on the inside. Thanks Kay--you're a nut! And thanks Sara for holding a very clever blog contest!

Sophie went with me on my second interview with the law firm today.

I think the law firm might work out. I don't want to jinx it but it would be nice.

It's not too far from the Bez home base, and there are ways to get there without having to take the damn Garden State Parkway or NJ Turnpike. I swear I've dropped nearly $15 in tolls just this week going to interviews!

We'll see.

In the meantime I've got to get a packet of info notarized for that cop transcriptionist job. I've made it to the swimsuit round of that interview process. Apparently Captain Lawyerhater didn't hate me as much as I thought.

Honestly I think I wowed them with my meager computer skills.

When they went to print out my transcription test, it wouldn't print. Through a series of right clicking on my part (because they couldn't figure out why it wasn't printing) I ascertained that the computer I was using was hooked up to print at some computer in the narcotics division.

Finally I'll wrap up with telling the squeamish to look away. Those of you with stock in Lysol or other super-duper disinfecting agents can take heed that your stock will probably rise a bit today.

On my two week anniversary of not having had a kill (my mother-in-law informs us that if you can go two weeks without a kill, you've probably got a good handle on your mouse problem) guess what we had last night?

100_3334

A bleeder. Sigh. He managed (and I don't really want to know how) to sashay the trap from the back burner of the stove to the floor in front of the stove where he bled some more on the floor.

Judging from where his head was though--I don't know how he managed to survive long enough to make that far. It looked like a good snap.

Or do mice run around like chickens do when their heads are cut off???

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh! That is a cute bag! You have some really COOL knitting blog buddies! As for the mouse how many days has it been? I would think that they would be outside by now. So you are in the swimsuit round for one of the jobs you put in for....Now my ? is are you going with a 1900's cover everything type or with a 2007's let everything hang string type. Love, Mom
PS: Good Luck!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

YAY! Kay rules.

And Sara rules too!

So do you.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

I'll spam myself out for you any time Bezzie! :-)

Good luck. I hope you get the job you want the most!

12:52 PM  
Blogger LilKnitter said...

In reverse order:
1) Ewwwww!!
2) Job-gittin' vibes, comin' atcha!
3) That bag is a cutie! I love a fuzzy bag with a satin lining. It's like a little surprise every time you look for your keys!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

What a cute bag!
The mouse...ewwwwww

1:00 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

I want to make you a gray felted bag with a red satin lining. Long tail, no head.

It would scream Bezzie the Mousekiller!

And ew. Just ew.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

That is such a sweet thing for her to do...enjoy that bag Bezzie!!

And eeewwwww to the mouse blood. Glad you caught it though.

1:35 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Mouse blood on your floor is pretty gross, but having your cat find the bits, eat it, then throw it up on your bed is even grosser.

It's always nice to find the silver lining, isn't it?

Cute bag, btw.

1:56 PM  
Blogger buttercup said...

I hope all the good juju in that beautiful bag lands you the job at the law office. Or the cop with a transcription machine, or whichever.

Maybe one of the cats got to the mouse after he was treated like one of Henry VIII's wives? Could that account for the schmere?

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

Wait, what? The mouse was running around with his head cut off?

Ew. I must move into a Biosphere.

2:06 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Great bag. I like the idea of a zipper. I'm going to have to find out how to install one some day.

I love reading your job hunting tales. you should write a book instead.

2:21 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

You sure got some well deserved Bezzie love!

Good luck in the interviews!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Cindy in Happy Valley said...

In answer to your last question, the answer is no.....unless the "detached" part is only the face.....You really don't want to ask how I know this.....

As for the disinfection...plain, garden variety bleach.(Make sure the area is color fast first.)

3:36 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Cute new bag! Keeping my fingers crossed for the law firm job.

I won't tell you our most recent dead mouse story.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

p'toing!

Sounds like mousie took a header off the stove. Good thing the trap didn't get lodged under any appliances. ;)

Cute bag.... hope you get a good job soon!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Very cute bag! So very nice of Kay! Head to Jersey City and I'll notarize for you. Heck, come into the city and I'll notarize for you....I can notarize in NY AND NJ. Woo! :)

4:58 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

ew. just plain ew. so ....did you find all of it? ugh.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Oh GAG!!!!!!!!

8:39 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

That bag is lovely, but the mouse - yuck! Have you found the rest of it yet?????? Good luck with the job siutation...all fingers are crossed over here.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love reading your blog because you crack me up. I lived in a house that had been vacant for two months and when I moved in, I had a HUGE mouse problem. After using traps for a few months (and emptying them sometimes twice a day) I was advised to switch to poison. I was assured that the critters would go outside to find water and die, and they did!
Our katze had the mouse issue under control now, so he's moved onto better prey (last week he caught a 5" snake?!)
I hope you get the job you want but that it doesn't interfere with your blog writing.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Aw Kay rocks.

Super ew on the mouse.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home