Thursday, April 12, 2007

What Time Is It Kids?

I can't hear you!

That's right it's time for my weekly nagminder about my lovely Kootchie Awareness Yarn Extravaganza! Click the link if you haven't already been inundated with three months of my nagminders!

Since it goes on all year I'll give you a quick quarterly stat. To date, including the three monthly winners sofar, I've got 43 participants (and a few more that have told me they have scheduled their appointments and will let me know when they've completed 'em). Not too shabby huh? I think we could easily reach 100 by December. Maybe even more???

And the kind donations keep coming in! These are being put towards Mother Of All Prizes in December when the old random number generator pulls someone's number from the pool of all the year's participants and they basically win their own mini-stash of yarny goodness.

I'm already plotting very Bezzian ways to package this Mother of All Prizes up in December!

The latest kind donation comes from our favorite Canadian Nomad Doctor, LadyLungDoc:

100_3261

Two skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Silk Merino! Mmm, mama!

Moving on!

Glad you enjoyed my bread photo "essay." The boys came home and really enjoyed the bread as well.

Yeah, I could easily make bread in a bread machine, but why? I knit when I could buy a sweater at the store too. There's something very satisfying about kneading your own dough, letting it rise, baking it, setting off the uber-sensitive smoke detectors in your apartment, and eating it warm out of the oven.

I could also go out and buy a double point needle case for all my DPNs that have been driving me nuts with no good way to stor them.

But again, why?

I could easily make one myself out of an old VCR tape box, elastic, and an old kerchief.

100_3258

And some old yarn labels.

100_3259

Boy I really need a job.

Labels: ,

29 Comments:

Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Someone mentioned a book in the last round of comments...I think a tv show spot where you can share your craftiness would be super-appropriate as well.

There is a black hole in my room where all my yarn labels go...today I might find it as I'm stuck at home cleaning.

10:44 AM  
Blogger YarnNinja said...

I intend to join the KAYE but it won't be until a few more months for me. I'm sure if you get people to put the call out you can -easily- hit 100.

Krysstyllanthrox (Haley)

10:57 AM  
Blogger buttercup said...

Your DPN holder is FREEKING BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

I'm totally stealing your idea!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

OK, who needs a job when you could totally market those very, very fun DPN/crochet hook cases? That rocks!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

dpn case out of an old vcr thing....that is....brilliant!!

I'm off to call to see when I'm due for a check up...I may join ya'll real soon....

11:08 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

That DPN holder might very well be my favorite of your craftyfrugal projects.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors in that yarn! What could I do with it if I win it? Oh! I never aksed....are relatives or employees disqualified? Well anyway I would only be able to make a scarf out of it. Love, Mom

11:35 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

OK! Since I'm preggo, I booked my PAP for May 9th, so I'm in for next month! Wheeeeeeee!

So, the bread verdict? Looks delicious, is it?

11:37 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

We need to get you a TV show. In the meantime, I'm changing my Bezzie job prayer request to "a job for Bezzie where she will be able to use her creativity and work for employers how appreciate how talented she is"

11:40 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Your frugal creativity astounds me! That donated yarn is lovely. WTG Lady Lung Doc.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

I will say this every day if I have to:

You do not need a job. You need to write a book.

Your talents are sorely wasted in an office atmosphere.

12:09 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

For all of the designers out there making fancy, mass-marketed goods made from new materials and sold for the cheap at unnamed department stores: Stop! Stop you sustainable-product producer!

-T.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

a job or an esty shop! that is cute!! I'm with you... bread machine, ha!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Love the needle case. You are so innovative.

That yarn is nice. Your koochie stash is gonna be a fun win for someone!!!

2:20 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Love yer box, what a fab idea...I wait tomorrows installment with baited breath. Please don't get a job, I need my daily Bezzie updates.

3:00 PM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

OMG, I wonder if we have any empty clamshell cases laying around? I can decoupage it with pictures of old fugly knits!!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Too cool! Once again, great job making something from nothing.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Totally awesome DPN holder! Girl, your creativity is astounding!! How you think of this stuff is a wonder to me! You rock! :)

5:46 PM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

I bow down to your crafty brilliance! (May I be the first to point out that it looks like it's perfect for travel...)

BTW - you always get the best word verification words: gonxix - sounds like some kind of exotic water bird.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Very cool needle case!!! Wicked creative is what you are! Thanks for the good wishes! All will be OK! Speaking of Kootchie Awareness, my oldest girls gets her shot tomorrow. One less!

9:18 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Yes you need a show or a book or something. You are far to intelligent to end up in cubical land.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

I second Poops comment. Your talents would be so wasted in an office. You should go across the street and teach the strippers some crafts. Loving you big time, you are the master!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is a GENIUS dpn holder! I am definitely stealing that idea.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Bufanditas said...

How do you come up with such great ideas? Your creativity and resourcefulness blows me away.

Love the silk merino colors!

7:23 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Niiice!

Work shmork. Ideas like this are priceless!

1:57 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I scheduled mine last week for June 4th!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Is the fabric on the inside of your DPN case...by any chance...from a bandana that you bought at Wal-Mart? I have a bandana that I bought at Wal-Mart that I fold in half to hold my hair back, and I swear it's the same material.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Cole said...

What a great way to recycle an old vcr tape holder! That is so cool! I can't wait to make one for myself because I am always loosing one or two of my DPNs!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Great case! *wanders off to find something similar*.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home