Tuesday, May 01, 2007

April Showers Bring KAYE Winners

It's May 1!

That means today is the day the Ole Random Number Generator picks a number and pulls a name out of the Kootchie Awareness Participant Pool.

This month's lucky winner of this skein of Mountain Colors yarn is:

100_3317

Samantha over at at Me, Myself and Milotis78.

Samantha, check your email and zip me your mailing address. I'll pop this skein in the mail later this week (since I've got nothing else to do until Monday!)

Now remember, if you don't know what the heck I'm talking about click right here.

Also keep in mind that even if your name wasn't called this month, regardless of when you sent your name to me, you're still in the running to be pulled each month--and of course for the "Knitters Rock" Mini Stash Grand Prize in December!

Here's my progress on Bad Penny:

100_3349
Damnit woman, why did you wake me up?

I think I might go all Turtlegirl Tomato on this and chuck it out as fast as I can. Of course I'm not racing anyone to make my sweater, but those two amaze me with how fast they can knit a top-down sweater. I wanna be like them when I grow up.

Plus how bitchin' would it be if I could wear Bad Penny to my first day of my new job? We'll see. I have the feeling once I'm done with the sleeve increases and join the body it will go a lot faster (stockinette in the round--how hard is that?)

I just hope it fits OK. It was a smidge off (a little over an eighth of an inch) lengthwise when I swatched it. After the Freebasing Granny Sweater gauge nightmare hopefully this will turn out OK.

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!Ha! That green matches that cats eyes!! Oh, Yeah my appointment got changed to tomorrow. They called and changed it at the last minute. Kooter Rootering I go tomorrow. Love, Mom

9:58 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Yay! Thanks! :) The yarn is gorgeous, I can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

11:11 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

OMG. I think if *my* mom said the words "kooter rootering" to me, I might just spontaneously implode.

Go sweater smackdown! Even if there isn't anyone to smackdown with. If I didn't have two pairs of socks calling to me, I'd take you up on that challenge.

11:22 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I bet you'll have the sweater ready in no time! Mom is right; the sweater brings out the kitty's eyes

12:46 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

If the sweater doesn't fit, let the kitty wear it. It matches the eyes quite well.
I hope you have it ready for Monday.
And congrats to the winner. Is it strange that I'm actually looking forward to my appointment so that I can enter the contest?

1:03 PM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Kick butt with yourself on the sweater!

I like the green by the way! Lovely color!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Lucky winner! And yay! Congrats on your new job! I was laughing about the peni you're knitting, thinking if my hubby saw it, he's want one-knitted top down LOL
Your Bad Penny looks awesome girl! That's one great shade of green, it'll match the money you'll be making! OK, sorry for being so silly-you bring that out in me:)

1:38 PM  
Anonymous C'tina said...

I've seen a picture of R @ BMB...I think it was taken at the Throwed Rolls place....he's got more than a nice butt...nice eyes, too :)

5:52 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

I'm jealous of your cats. How much longer 'til I get a real job and can settle and afford to put a furbag on my payroll?

-T.

7:24 PM  
Blogger LaBean said...

Yay forKootchie contest winners!

"Damnit woman, why did you wake me up?" That made me spit my drink.. The look on the cat's face is Priceless :))

8:00 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hahaha! Love the kitty shot! Go you, yes you can finish it!!!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

My cat gives me that look all the time. I think she's either saying "Idiot." Or "I hate you." I can't decide which.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

The yarn and the cat's eyes look great together. Very cute photo. Cooter rootering? hmmm

4:08 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Hee! I love your mom. She said "Kooter Rootering".

You can totally rock this out.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Congrats Sam!!!!!

I love the color your using for Bad Penny.....I printed that out last night. Can't wait to try it!!!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I just wanted to let you know that the yarn arrived safely at my house this morning! Thanks!!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Hope you get the tomato power for yours.

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home