Friday, May 11, 2007

Home Stretch

The end is in sight for Bad Penny!

The bottom ribbing is done and one sleeve is complete.

100_3380
Seriously, how can you not get sick of my beautifully lit-laid-flat-on-the-bed shots?

I love that bottom ribbing so much more now that I ripped it back and reknit it in the 1x1 rib.

I even tried it on for the first time last night.

Fits like a dream!

I know the beauty of a top-down sweater is that you can try it on as you knit it, but the cord on the needles I was using was too short to get around my fat torso and ass. Yeah I could have put the stitches on a piece of waste yarn, but good lord, I'm just too lazy. I swatched it before I cast on. I'll take my chances that the swatch didn't lie.

Now I'll give you the arty completed sleeve shot.

100_3381

Mmm...check out that blurry background action. Now pretend my bed came from Pottery Barn and not Ashley Homestore and that that afghan is actually hand knit out of hand-dyed hand-spun albino Peruvian Llama yarn and isn't a 20 year old afghan that my sweet grandma knit me out of Red Heart.

Classy!

The lighting still sucks though.

I bit the bullet and converted a good portion of our household lights to those tree hugging condensed florescents. It was an impulse buy at Costco. For the love of all things holy if you're going to buy those bulbs, buy them in bulk! A pack of eight cost me $10. I've seen them run close to $5 for a single bulb in other stores.

They give off a funky cast that takes a little while to get used to.

Haven't really seen any savings since I put them in. But then again my electric bill is less than $20 a month anyway. What really ruins me is the gas bill. I guess I never realized what a great free ride I was getting not having to pay for hot water when we lived in Michigan and Texas.

However now that I'm employed I won't be doing dishes as much, nor do I have time to take long showers. It cuts into my precious knitting/vegetating time!

Hey! I've got another finished object that I haven't posted on here yet because it's kind of not appropriate for children, clergy members, prudes, or work computers.

Wanna see it?

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger weezalana said...

Bad Penny's lookin' mighty fine!

I bet I know what the not-suitable-for-anyone-but-us-pervs FO is! hehehe... Post it! Post it!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

Hmmm, does it rhyme with "checker"?

I can't wait to see Bad Penny all finished!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Inky said...

I live for inappropriate postings :) let's see it!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

The Bad Penny is looking great! I'm usually too lazy to do the waste yarn thing also.

I love some non-suitable for public viewing knitting!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Great job on Bad Penny.

Post that smutty FO! We can handle it!

9:17 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

OOh! the sweater's going to be cute.


Hmm, does the not suitable for innocent eyes item rhyme with with "venus"?

9:34 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Flash! Flash! Flash!

I bought all those green lightbulbs much to my husband's dismay when he saw the reciept. And I tell you I must have replaced 10 bulbs - almost all of them have already burned out. And it's only been a couple months. Something must be wrong with the wiring.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wanna see it?

Well, duh.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm not a child, a clergy member, a prude or on a work computer (well, I am, but I own this "work" computer, and so my "boss" doesn't care ;) ... wanna see!

9:52 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

Your 1x1 ribbing looks so nice compared to what mine always ends up looking like!
(I want to see the naughty knitting too!)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Looking good! Yes, post the thing that rhymes with quick ;)

As for those light bulbs, that's all hubby will use. When they first came out about 8 or more years ago...much more expensive! grrr!

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am using those light bulbs now too. They give off a better light and hopefully we will see a decrease in our electric bill. Nice "Bad Penny" I can't wait to see it on you. Yes come on show us that naughty knitting. Love, Mom

11:35 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits & PashyKnits said...

Bad Penny sure is looking good!!! Almost done!! Can't wait to see it! But you know what we all really want to see first....come on...don't make us beg :)

12:41 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Bad Penny looks awesome. Very chic, even if you didn't happen to be showing it off on your Spring 2007 Pottery Barn sheets.

Yes, post it! I need some inspiration to go out and buy pink acrylic yarn!

2:17 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Hell yeah we wanna see it! I don't care if you knit a voodoo doll of Hitler taking it up the ass from the Pope himself. It's your blog, post it!

Bad Penny looks great! I love the detail on the bottom. So close to completion!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

I cannot wait to see that bad penny on you, yo yo!

Ahem,
It rhymes with gong,
And also with stick.
I knew a man, his name
was Fred!

Take care!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Avrienne said...

Silly woman, of course we want to see it. Did you have to ask?

7:48 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Lovin' bad penny.....looks great!!!!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home