Sunday, May 13, 2007

I Wub My Mommy!

Yeah I suck. I didn't even buy my Mom a Mother's Day card.

And I call her damn near every Sunday, so it's not like a phone call today would be "special." Well, honestly, Chunky dials and gets first dibs on the phone each Sunday. He's like a damn teenaged girl with that phone and grandma and grandpa on the other line!

They were also fresh out of mechanical social uprising Mother's Day cards.


200px-Futurama_219_-_Mother%27s_Day

So instead of a card, she'll get a special blog post--complete with crappy pictures of pictures that will stroll us down memory lane!

I am fortunate enough to claim I was the beeyotch that made my mom a mom. Of course the five siblings that came after me made it evidently clear that she wasn't ever going to escape the monniker of "Mom."

100_3389

This is one of my favorite pics. That's yours truly playing the part of snuggly little baby on a camping trip to some glacier (Matanuska Glacier perhaps?) Ha ha, how many other people can say they spent their first few months next to giant ice fields?

100_3386

This is a picture of Mom reading to me circa early 1983. I can tell because we're reading a book about "Annie" (god I loved that movie) and Mom's wearing her official T. Maternity Uniform.

T. was born a toddler.

She came out weight 11 pounds 10 ounces. (I typed "10 ouches" there at first...I'll bet it was 10 ouches!) Near the end of her pregnancy, she was so ginormous with T. she only fit into these two flannel nightgowns, the blue one you see in this picture and a red one.

100_3391

She also passed on her deep love of doing dishes to me.

Ha ha! Who the hell am I kidding?! I hate doing dishes.

Before we got old enough to take turns doing them, my Mom did dishes for all eight of us.

Jesus Haploid Christ. I abhor doing dishes for Dr. Mad Scientist, Chunky and me. Add five more people to that? Suck!

Yeah we had a dishwasher, but c'mon, where do you think I get 90% of my cheapassedness? Run the dishwasher? Spend money on water and heating it? Puh-lease!

So there you have it. Happy Mother's Day Mom. Sorry I didn't send a card!!!

Before I go, I have to show you the Mother's Day loot I got from Chunky.

Mom Day

Hee! They made pop-up cards, planted flowers in hand-colored flower pots, and drew pictures of us moms at school.

How freaking cute! I especially love the way he flattered me by not drawing my thighs as rubbing together, and yet they still look ginormous.

I'm just bummed I'm going to miss his Mother's Day program at school next week. They had to do it a week after Mother's Day due to scheduling conflicts with the synagogue they share an auditorium with--apparently the Temple gets first dibs on who uses it and they wanted it.

Leave it to me to get a job right before the big production!

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Aww, that is a great post!! Even better than a card! I loved getting cards/flowers/homeade things from the kids. Sigh...not anymore though! Darned teenagers! Enjoy it! Save them..I have a few boxes of my favorites...especially the first macaroni necklace!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

ah ha ha. That's so cute. I didn't get my mom a card either. I'm jobless. I sent her an e-card and of course I'll call her! I love the neckless pic Chunky drew of you. Kids are fun.

P.S. Soon Chunky will get old enough to do the dishes for you.

Happy Mother's Day!!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Our dishwasher uses way less water than Mr SABLE to wash the same number of dishes. It pains me to watch him in action at the sink, even though it's his job.

Your mom was young! She looks like a teenager at the sink there with you.

Happy Mothers Day to you, too, Bezzie. And to all the great moms of the world.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! I love this post! It is just as good as a card!!
Thank you Elizabeth for the compliment! As someone just about to hit the half-century mark I really need that!
Yes, Bezzie all through your Christmas Cheapass blogs I knew where you got your penny-pinching from! But I did not do the dishes by hand to save money. That darn dishwasher would never get the dishes clean!! I would have to clean them before and after I ran the stupid thing!! Love, Mom
PS: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to you!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Great post! I can't believe your poor mom had any more children after T...what a whopper!
Happy Mother's Day. I hope Chunky gave you the golden treatment today!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

11 pounds?!? Holy hell. I would have stopped there. But then, we wouldn't get to see pics of your hot brother. :)

Happy mother's day!!

5:59 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Nice tribute to your mom! Much nicer than a store bought card!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Your mom had 6 of you. SIX little Bez's of various smart aleck abilities. So, she's a sainted Mother, right? LOL! Wow, six of you, I still can't get over it. Six.

Cool gifts little Mr. Chunky!

7:33 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Aw, Chunky drew you wearing your Bad Penny sweater! I love the gifts he made you!

You're mom looks so cute with that kerchief on.

Happy Mother's Day!

7:40 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

You're mom? What's wrong with me!?! Maybe I'm in a post brunch coma.

7:41 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Love the childhood pics, so cute! Especially the one by the glaciers. And Chunky wubs his mommy, too!

8:04 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Whoa, whoa. I thought I was born at a slim 11 pounds and 2 (two) ounces.

Man, those pictures are great. I especially like the one of you and Mom at the sink--your glasses match!

Happy Mother's Day to you and Mom!

-T.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Those GIANT glasses match! I remember (had) those things!

6 kids, and an 11+ pounder. Your Mom gets special Mom awards.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Aww! Happy Mother's Day!

The drawing that Chunky did of you is so cool! And I love the old photos, too.

We do our dishes by hand, too, because the dishwasher just calcifies everything. It'll be great for winter wonderland scenes come Christmas.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Very nice tribute. Your love sounds like a lovely person -- she sure took you to unusual places when you were little!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Happy Mother's Day!

How many moms can say that their kid blogged about them for mother's day?

6:58 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Those glasses were the coolest in the early 80s though! My oldest sister had those too. Tinted even! Happy Mother's Day to you and your fabulous Mom!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger buttercup said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love the plant Chunky gave you and the drawings. Wait till they start writing "books". My SIL and I were hysterical over the one my oldest nephew brought home on Friday.

Lovely tribute to your Mom. You're both very lucky women to have such great families!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

I bet it was 10 ouches too! Thank goodness for mothers because they are wonderful beings.

10:01 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Those pictures are great! Thanks for sharing and Happy Mother's Day!

12:11 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Aww! How sweet! Hope your Mother's Day was great!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I think they made mother's day for all of the people who don't call their mother's every Sunday. Now I know where you get your sense of humor. Any woman who had an 11 lb baby and had a second (or sixth?!) child must be able to laugh pretty easily.Thanks for the pics.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I read this the other day and loved it Bezzie...your mom is a lucky woman!!!

I just love the whole school mom day stuff the kids do. Amber brought me home the cutest piece of artwork with her photo and she was the centre of the flower (the photo) and it said "Mom, thank for helping me grow".

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home