Wednesday, May 09, 2007

That's More Like It!

Ahhh! The power of a little frogging!

100_3374

I ripped back the eyelet pattern and reknit it and kept with the 1X1 in my Bad Penny bottom ribbing. I think it looks much better.

Of course stupid cocky me!

Just when I was thinking this would be the most perfect thing I had knit to date, I fudged up the ribbing a wee bit under one of the armpits (well more like the hip, but I use the armpits as "landmarks" when knitting around and around).

Ah well. No one's perfect right?

I also love the way this sweater smells. Pyewacket RAKed me some of her delightful handmade soap and the stuff I haven't had the heart to use (it's too nice!!!) I put in my stash to make it smell good.

It will be a shame when I have to actually wash my Bad Penny and it doesn't smell Pyewackety fresh anymore.

I wish I had more to blog about.

Who would have thought unemployment was so blog-worthy?

Now that I'm employed I'm getting jack for knitting done. I used to knit before work at all my other jobs.

Oh ho! Not in New Jersey! It takes me one hour, that's right people, sixty minutes to drive a whopping twenty miles. Ugh. What a pain in my ass. It's possible I got spoiled living within walking distance of both my Michigan and Texas jobs, but sixty minutes for twenty miles? Give me a break!

And it's not even nice gridlock traffic where you can get some serious knitting done...(I will neither admit nor deny doing that on Babcock Road in San Antonio) it's all stop and go, stop and go, stop and go.

The job itself is kind of vanilla.

My bosses are nice people. I work for a partner and two associates. One of the associates has been there for about seven years and the other one just passed the bar a few years ago.

But I sit in the suite where the first name in the string of names in the firm sits. (I'm still waiting for my Old Man to come up with a clever law-firm blog name like Scheister, Shafter, Conniver & Dodge, P.C.)

Holy cow. The man is pure evil.

I'll bet he treats his dog better than he treats his secretaries.

In fact, one of the girls that was working for him on Monday decided on Tuesday she was no longer going to show up.

I don't blame her at all. Apparently she's the eleventh person to hold that position in six years.

This guy makes The Man look like Mother Teresa.

Just the way he screams at these poor women! How on earth does anyone get to be so angry and hateful? And how does anyone get to be that successful with a black soul like that?

I guess I just don't get it.

Luckily aside from just being an innocent bystander, it really doesn't effect me much. Thank GOD!

I have to say that even though life hasn't been very knitter or blogworthy lately stay tuned! My Youngest Younger brother sent me some news that rocked my little world and as a result could rock your respective little worlds as well.

I'll leave it at that!

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

See, I couldn't work with the Old man, not a day. the phase, "Fu*k off" would be used too often.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

sounds mind numbing, the traffic. the job sounds alright, but I get freaked by people who yell at work, even if it ain't at me... good luck!

8:34 PM  
Blogger janna said...

What? Younger Younger Brother has bought a herd of sheep or alpaca or something, and he needs something to spin and knit it all?

That light at Babcock and Huebner is REALLY long isn't it? ;-)

8:54 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Pyewackety fresh! Adding that to the vocab now...

News that will rock all our worlds, I'm intrigued! Hey, did he tell you you were pregnant?

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I hope that you are pg.....But not by your YYB!!!!!! And anyway he told me the secret and I can't send anything to you all without his approval! I do have something to send you and Chunky. Tell Chunky that he can not lose any more teeth till I send him what I have for him. Love, Mom

11:46 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Maybe he needs a knit tie.

Hey, I didn't notice the condom hat until you said something. But speaking of such things, there is a small something showing up in your mailbox soon that I am praying will make neither you nor your mailman hate me or question my sanity...

12:37 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Crud. I hate secrets! :-)

I hope you are never unfortunate enough to have to work for the Evil Dick! Quite the visual there, huh? There is something to the saying misery loves company.

Take care!

5:18 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

He found a vintage spinning wheel in pristine condition and is sending to you to do with as you please. Yep. That's it.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Erin said...

Bad Penny is looking good! =) No one will notice armpit ribbing anyway! Can't wait to hear the news!

7:14 AM  
Blogger buttercup said...

NJ traffic is the worst and no one believes it till they sit in it. That's why I work 7 miles from my job. This way it's only a 30 minute commute.

The only time you can get knitting done in the car is if there is an accident and you're pretty well stuck.

I think the Old Man used to work at my old job...

7:52 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hey, I didn't think my former bossman got a job in NJ.... :)

waits patiently for the news....

Oh, and add me to the KAYE drawings....I went last Friday for my annual.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Glad your were able to fix penny to your liking.

The traffic must be so hard. That is too bad but at least your not getting yelled at...that is horrid. I don't ever think yelling at an employee is appropriate even if they did do something wrong. He sucks!!

I am curious to your brothers news....will be back to check in!!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

It's one thing to have a boring day job that interferes with your blogging and knitting, but to have to drive sixty minutes to get there?! Ouch. Your sweater is looking just lovely though.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Ah, one hour to drive a mere 20 miles. I remember it well, both in the Tri-state area and in Southern California. Don't you worry, it's only as mind numbing as you let it be. Maybe you could get some satellite radio in your car with some of your earnings? Or I-pod it.

You tease! Nothing like a cliffhanger to keep your readers guessing and coming back for more!

4:55 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I can't wait to find out the secret!!

That Old Man must be one miserable SOB to take it out his support staff like that.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Krysstyllanthrox said...

Tease!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

Oh, I love earth-shattering secrets! They're the best!

If you're looking to switch jobs, I hear Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe is hiring...

6:34 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Thank goodness it doesn't affect you. Can't be good though.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I can't wait to hear the news. Glad you aren't working directly for that jerk!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Can't wait to hear what the news is from your youngest younger brother!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Yes, good ol Jersey - how many times did you have to make a right to make a left? Gotta love those jug handles.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home