Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Bandwagon I Can Endorse

Ok, normally I'm not a joiner. But when I saw what I am about to show you, I had to get one.

Let me explain why.

I own a Boye Needlemaster set.

They're cheap.

They're pretty colors.

They they go down to a size 2 (KP Options and Denise needle sets don't go that low the last time I checked.)

Plus if you could illegally fight needle sets against needle sets, the Boye Needlemaster would win.

I mean what kind of wussy names are "Options" or "Denise?" Those sound like tampon brands.

Needlemaster.

That name freakin' instills some respect!

However have you seen the barfalicious case the Needlemaster comes in?

100_3807

Ok, ok, it's possible they're recycling the pleather interiors of 1975 Ford Mavericks in making these cases, which is great for the environment I suppose--but I think it's just godawful ugly.

It even smells bad. It reeks of that fakey-plastic-leather smell.

And don't get me started on the inside of the case. It has these annoying little strips to store the cords and these tight plastic pockets that you have to wrestle the tightener keys and endcaps out of. The reason I bought the Needlemaster was to save time from having to buy lots of other needles. I don't have time to be fumbling around for the tightening key!

But then I came across a needlecase that Zknitter whipped up on commission for another blogger.

When she said she was taking orders for them--I had to get one!

Here it is all spread out:

100_3809

Ohhh...the room! My cords are all neat and tidy! My endcaps and tightening keys have a little velcro pouch all to themselves! And look at how pretty my needletips look! (Size 8 is missing currently being used on Tomato--as is one of the cords!)

(The card on there is her info card--that's not attached).

It gets better!

Instead of merely zipping up the sides, which was a pain in the assmar if one of your cords started poking out like with the old Needlemaster case, it folds up!

100_3810

First in half, and then into thirds.

100_3811

Then you secure it by slipping the case (for a lack of a better word) scrunchy over the whole thing.

I freaking love it.

Now comes the part where I pimp the site she's selling them on. Click-y here.

I don't know how many more she has left, or if she'll continue to make them. But it can't hurt to check it out if you like what you see here right? (Pimp, pimp, pimp, pimp!)

She designed them to fit all types of needle sets. Therefore, one would fit your wussy KP Option or Denise set should you cower in fear of ever owning something as domineering as the Needlemaster set. Muhahahaha!

The case was very reasonably priced too. I think she could probably charge more honestly. If you're a knitter or a crafter, you appreciate how much work goes into something handmade.

Job well done Zonda!

Labels:

27 Comments:

Blogger Purple E said...

They are very cool. She did a really nice job! Lucky you on the Poppy print. LUV IT!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Love my Needlemaster (don't own Denises, don't want Options), I lug it everywhere I go!

The case is... 70's pleather. I hope Zknitter finds some bat fabric around Halloween 'cause I could really use a new storage solution.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Awww! Thanks! Yes, I'm still making them, filling some orders now and will be updating the blog when I have more. Your needles look so good in their new home! Thanks for the endorsement! Still searching fer some bats too ;)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

lol, those original needlmaster cases are truly an eye sore. Thanks for the link, that new case is just lovely!! :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits & PashyKnits said...

I'm glad I placed my order early before zKnitter becomes famous :) Love the poppy print! I can't wait to see mine!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I have no idea why or what needle is better or not, but that case is really nice. So where are the pics of your tomato? Love, Mom

10:23 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is too cool.

And you're right: Options and Denise do sound like tampon brands. Can't imagine many guys buying the Denise set. But NeedleMaster? Oh yeah.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Brena said...

That is VERY cool. What a great idea!

10:50 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

(Effing Blooger is acting very buggy tonight, so I hope this goes through!)

I don't have an interchangeable needle set, but I LOVE Zonda's cases! And by love, I mean an unrequited love, filled with longing and yearning from afar. I had a mad crush on that chair fabric. Stupid knitting diet. :P

1:20 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

The case is very pretty. My needlemaster set has a brown case, so it isn't quite as yucky as the purple.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Elizabeth is so right - they do sound like tampon brands! Those cases are great (and priced way too low!).

6:37 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

That is a great needle holder.

Needlemsaster makes my thighs feel smaller LOL

7:12 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

The case came out very nice! I think this would be a good bandwagon to jump on!

7:22 AM  
Blogger LilKnitter said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Bezzie! Hope it was super!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

That needle case is AWESOME! I love the flower print, and so practical. Melody made one too and I was impressed. That's a little beyond my sewing skills. - zuma

11:33 AM  
Blogger Knitty said...

Those are awesome!

Zonda rocks.

And I have a Denise set, and yup it pisses me off that it only goes down to 5. I wish I got a Boye when they were at Tuesday morning a while back.

OH! I keep forgetting to mention, about the potato....get another pot, put it next to that pot. Bend the foliage over and put it in the second pot....and put dirt over the middle part of it so that the top of the plant is still sticking out, but you've buried the middle part of the stems. This means...You'll get a second pot of potatoes, from the same plant!

(teleknitter sarah...it's got me signed in as knitty...heh)

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

Having cute crafting accessories is half the fun. Your killer Needlemaster is so stylin' now.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Erin said...

I love it! What a great case and definitely an enormous improvement over the standard issue Boye one!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

That is too cool. Zonda rocks.

you're right about the other names. DOdgy indeed, makes me want to whip out my rollerblades.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Ok, so do I slip you the moolah & wait at the corner for a sexy case to show up? This post is gonna cost me.

8:47 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I liked Zonda's cases so much I bought TWO. Now my tampons, err, Options, have a wardrobe to choose from.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

sweet! love the case, zonda rocks!! love the lovebug blankie too!!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Nice case! My Needlemaster set is scattered all over the place, so my yucky brown case doesn't get much use, but it's nice to know good alternatives exist.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Lime Street Knits said...

Ooohh! Pretty case! Lovely work, Zonda.

I've always thought that Options sounded like a contraceptive...

3:27 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Is "Assmar" from Lord of the Flies?

"Sucks to your assmar!"

My apologies if you have no idea what I'm talking about...

9:49 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I bought a Needlemaster set about 3-4 years ago, with a coupon from Michaels. I havent opened it yet due to negative reviews I had heard about them. I currently have 2 Denise sets (1 set bought dirt cheap, too good a price not to get) and got the Options set for myself maybe a month ago. Been thinking of doing a swap on the Needlemaster (still unopened) but now seeing this post,,,, and the needlecase,,,,Hmmmm.

Dare I open them?

2:21 PM  
Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

Zonda is - yet again - amazing.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home