Sunday, June 24, 2007

Lazy Sunday

What a freaking gorgeous weekend we have had here in America's Armpit (as I have heard some so fondly call Nueva Jersey). For the record I'd rather live in America's Armpit than in America's Wang.

Yesterday was a typical Saturday, housecleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping. It just had the added bonus of birthday cake (angel food) and icecream (mint chocolate chip), and presents!

100_3801
(Can you tell who else was having a lazy Sunday in the windowsill from the shadow on these books?)

Dr. Mad Scientist and Chunky got me these cookbooks (and the first season of "The Office" on DVD). Dr. Mad Scientist isn't confident enough to venture into knitting related presents (that I don't specifically ask for straight up) yet. But he has no problem buying me cookbooks! The only bummer part of presents like this--it's a tad bit too hot to be firing up the oven.

I guess in my imaginary-food-related-Ravelry-knock-off there would be a section where you added a list of the books in your cooking library just like the Ravelry allegedly has. I say "allegedly" because I am NOT a part of that club. I had my name removed from the waiting list after they published the screen shots.

I don't think I need the organizational help Ravelry has to offer. I don't have an out of control stash or 2,789 patterns in line that I want to knit. Maybe my opinion will change in time. But for now I'm happy not to be affiliated with them.

Today was gorgeous weather too.

Chunky and I took a walk to "the swamp" and saw a Great Egret.

100_3797

You have to squint, but s/he's the white blob on the shoreline in the middle of the picture.

And just to tie up some loose ends...

Karen wanted to know what socks these were.

100_3804

They're Falling In Love socks from Magknits. Except they're more like Falling Out of Love socks because I don't like knitting toe ups.

Many of you wanted to know the recipe for the Boston Cream Cupcakes.

I got that one off of Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. You can find the recipe here.

They're so incredibly easy and so damn good. I'll bet Sandra Lee eats two of them before she throws them up. She reminds me of a bullemic poor man's Martha Stewart.

Finally, Bufanditas wanted to know what type of yarn I'm knitting Tomato with.

It's my old workhorse, TLC Cotton Plus in Lavender. The same yarn I knit Bad Penny out of. I love that yarn. Cheap, machine washable, looks good, great weight, and cotton. Does it get any better?

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Happy belated Bezzie!

3:50 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

That cat shadow is awesome!

If she's like Martha Stewart, then she probably has someone eat them for her then describe the taste to her in detail so she can pretend she ate them herself.

4:40 PM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Happy Birthday! My kitties had a lazy Sunday too. I look forward to seeing the cakes you make from that book! (And you kill me with the Sandra Lee throw up. OMG.) I just actually got some TLC Cotton Plus and I'm looking forward to using it much more now that I know how nice it looks knit up! Glad it was a nice weekend!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hey, when you find a yarn that works well with you, you keep it in stock always...see I feel that way about LP! ;)

Nice cookbooks and your shadow cat! Sounds like a nice Birthday! :)

5:58 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Looks like a great birthday! Love the kitty shadow shot.

I was hoping that you removing your name from the Ravelry list would mean I'd bump up in the queue but no, I'm still waiting to get invited to the slumber party.

7:06 PM  
Blogger JRS said...

Happy birthday, Bezzie!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hey,my husband isn't confident enough to buy me ANY presents that I haven't specifically asked for! I'm jealous. Of the books too.....

8:42 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

The pinwheel cookies on that cookbook look yummy. Will you make some of those for Rhinebeck? :)

Tamara made those socks...I must make those now.

And thanks for that cupcake link....I think I'll make those this week!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Bufanditas said...

Thanks Bezzie! I'll have to try that yarn especially once our normal summer weather decides to settle in. This past week has been unseasonably cooler and wet.

I find Sandra very disturbing. Everytime I see her show all I can think about is SNL or Mad TV doing a skit on her.

Martha looks too healthy to me not to do her own taste testing. She's another one I prefer not to see on TV. I like the ideas but her slothish demeanor just gets on my nerves.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Happy belated birthday!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

I love your socks. It is a very pretty color!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Happy Birthday! I was going to say that on the birthday post, but I didn't want to be a joiner.

*smirk*

I don't get the ravelry thing either. Seems like a lot of work when I could be knitting. And spinning.

Or making cupcakes. Mmmmmm.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

The Falling out of Love socks are really beautiful. The color of the yarn is wonderful. Cookbooks for cakes and cookies huh, well you know what Doc Mad and Mr. Chunk are after! ;-)

I hope you had a happy B-day. It's funny, but I celebrated my 29th in the armpit, uh great and beautiful Garden State, too, back in 1988. BTW, I'd rather live in the armpit than in the sweaty crotch, like I do. :-)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hey at least we get some action other than armpit farts in the wang! ;P

I'm glad you had a happy birthday. I love your socks.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I've never tried toe ups, but I think I'll have to bite the bullet eventually. The socks are beautiful, though!

Gotta love cookbooks. Particularly the kind with big old cakes on the cover. Yum.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks look really cool. I wish that I could knit, but I guess I will have to settle for sewing. Nice cookbooks are there any sugar-free recipes? Love, Mom

11:40 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Glad you got some good presents!

12:06 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I knew that AARP was pitching themselves to younger folks, but, geez, 29 is a bit too much. Maybe they're on to you with the "29 years old" thing. ;-)

I hope it was a great birthday all around.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Happy belated birthday!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

A happy belated here as well!!

Sounds like a perfect lazy Sunday. I am going to have to try those cupcakes one time...they look so good!!

Love the cat shadow!!!

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home