Friday, June 01, 2007

May KAYE Winner!

Drumroll please!

The winner of the sumptious (if I do say so myself) Collinette Jitterbug...

100_3427

Is: Meg of Fuzz to Finish!!

Meg, I've emailed you. I'll pop your yarny goodness in the mail once I get your address.

Keep the faith ye who did not get thine name drawn this month. If you have already signed up, you're still eligible to win! Your name rolls over to the next month.

Are you tuning in for the first time and completely lost as to what the heck I'm talking about?

Click here and become enlightened.

So hey, did anyone happen to catch the comments yesterday and read a certain Youngest Younger Brother's veiled reference to something he was mailing me?

Well it came.

Remember I mentioned a surprise a while back?

Well it's here.

Youngest Younger Brother, for those of you who are just tuning in for the first time, works summers at The Palmer Musk Ox Farm.

John skox

That's him frolicking with a baby musk ox a summer ago.

Youngest Younger Brother realizes that knitters go ape-caca over qiviut.

So what did he do?

He offered to donate this to the KAYE cause:

100_3665

It comes complete with 120 yds. of bulky-spun 100% qiviut.

100_3668

My pathetic attempt to get a close up said qiviut:

100_3667

I thought about saving this to add to the grand prize drawing of kindly donated yarns to be given away to one lucky knitter at the end of the year, but I seriously need to get this stuff out of my house before I attack it!!

Plus I think this makes a great incentive to give my cooter rootin' campaign a good mid-year push to get the word out!

And it also happens to be the month said Youngest Younger Brother has a birthday.

So in honor of him, coolest Youngest Younger Brother ever, and Friend of Kootchies (Hm, I wonder if he used that to introduce himself he could pick up chicks? Nah, probably not.), the qiviut cap kit complete with 2 oz. of qiviut yarn will be June's KAYE prize.

Remember, you must have completed your exam (or fulfilling the alternate rules of the contest if they apply to you) and email me after that you have in the month of June to be eligible for this month's prize.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

He is indeed a great younger brother! Maybe it's time I schedule my annual!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Magatha said...

That'd be the 'warmest cap on the planet' when made up. Your brother is cute, for some reason I think he looks a lot like your mom.

Very nice little brother, very nice and thoughtful. :-)

6:44 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Friend of Kootchies! HAHAHAHAHA! I think I may need to add a new design to the CP shop...

And dayum, quiviut? It might be time for rootin'!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Makes me glad I didn't win yet! I did get my rootin' done on May 11, so I'm eligible.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

okay. i am drooling now. and here's hoping my stupid period that should have started yet doesn't even feel like it's gonna is over and done before my 6/11 appointment. or else i have to move it. grrr

8:44 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

That brother of ours is truly a bonafide kootchie friend.

-T.

PS. I dig the pics from the visit.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Darn I didn't win! Well there is the rest of the year. Glad that the package got to you in one piece. Keep up the good work! Love, Mom

9:18 PM  
Blogger janna said...

What a great Youngest Younger Brother (and cute, too)! But I don't think I have time to find a new gyno and get an appointment this month..... :-(

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do what I can for the awareness...

For the record that picture is actually two years old. Because that musk ox, Eve, is 2 years old on that farm.

-John

P.S. I since have cut my hair.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Wow, what a crazy generous prize!
Is that musk ox inside the house?

12:02 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cool prize there from your brother! Congrats to the May winner! You pick out some great yarn!

12:23 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Tell me the thoughtful, sexy youngest younger brother of yours remembered to include a second kit for his wonderful oldest sister?

7:17 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Damn! My appt isn't until September!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Holy shrimp, I think I'm hyperventilating. I'd go have a cooter rootin' even if I didn't have a cooter just to get that!

And your brother is seriously hot. Seriously.

*poops needs a cold drink now*

8:28 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

What a generous gift and what a wonderful gift for the May winner!
I'm doubting that little brother needs much help picking up chicks.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yep, I'm happy I didn't win for May. Pull my name though for June, 'k?

And I also don't think that youngest younger brother needs help picking up chicks....he's quite a cutie!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home