Sunday, July 01, 2007

And the winner is...

I've been busy getting Chunky's stuffed monkey to work on my Tomato this weekend.

100_3822

You didn't think I knew how to knit did you?

I've decided to skip the houndstooth checking band and I designed my own band. It's subtle and yet outrageous all at the same time. I think you'll laugh when you see it. Dr. Mad Scientist thought it was amusing. If he finds it amusing, I know it must be good.

But on to the reason you're all really reading today!

The winner of June's KAYE drawing for the qiviut generously donated by my Youngest Younger Brother who's making his way in the world pimping 'Sk ox to hapless touristas to the great state of Alaska at the Palmer Musk Ox Farm during the summer is....

100_3668

The blogless (as far as I know--she didn't send me a blog address with her entry) Yvonne!

Congrats Yvonne, I've emailed you for the details as to where to send it.

And of course, if you didn't win this month, stay tuned, your entry is still able to win in the upcoming months.

There's some cool stuff coming at the end of the summer too. That's all I can say about that for now. Hee!!!

If you're new to reading about this and wondering what in the hell I'm talking about and wondering how you can get in on a chance to win some free yarn in the name of Kootchie Awarness click here.

P.S.: The Jersey Tomato from yesterday's post was everything the Jersinians (is that what they're called?) have hyped them to be. It was like an orgasm in my mouth and everyone was invited. Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger sgeddes said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the customized tomato band! Come on, give us a clue!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Custom Tomato...Mmmmmmmm. Now was that about the fruit or the top? Whatever, lets see the top! I have no patience whatsoever! (Just ask my hubby)

6:03 PM  
Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Heya, I saw your question about my yarn leftovers from the Mustang Sally STR at the Buffy KAL. I had 20 g left over, exactly. You might be OK, I hope so, good luck. : )

6:22 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I can only imagine what kinda band you'll make!!

Congrats Yvonne!!

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! Darn I didn't win! Well... you will be my Favorite Eldest Duaghter anyway! Hey it looks like Rosie is coming along real good with your sweater. Glad that the Jersey 'mater was good. Love, Mom

7:44 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Heh! I knew you had help knitting!! ;) Can't wait to see it!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Amby said...

Hey, are we going to have the same color Tomato??? Cool! And more importantly, can you pleeeeaaaase send the knitting monkey my way???

9:25 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

so if i wanna write to you (e-mail wise) to ask you things, how may I do that? let me know :)

9:59 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Hmmm, tomatogasm orgy!
I can't wait to see the design.

10:30 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Are you turning into Mom with the posed monkey photos?

-T.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Congrats Yvonne, that's some nice stuff!

Customized Tomato? I'm intrigued!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

It just proves to me that you cannot knit! Ha! The monkey does all the work!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

It's good that you taught your monkey to knit, it keeps them out of trouble.
I love that little green eyed monkey.
I need to do a blog post about my monkeys. They don't knit, but they are little puff balls of goodness, like Mr. Chunk's monkey. ;-)

Looking forward to your Tomato boob decor. I am trying to come up with a fair isle lettering scheme myself, but am stuck. I've never done it before.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I so envy Yvonne! What a prize! I do miss Jersey tomatoes with a passion! MMMMMMM I'm cracking up over Chunky's monkey. Now I know how you get it all done!

4:34 PM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

I'm hoping to see some "granny on crack fairisle" action on that top!

4:44 PM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

I can't wait to see what you've done with the Tomato! And...very nice KAYE prize! Congrats Yvonne!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Um, I'm glad you enjoyed the tomato, but I can't say that I ever had that particular experience while eating one!!! - zuma

5:38 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

[whiny voice]I want a knitting monkey too! [/whiny voice]

Lovely colour.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home