Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tell Them What They Could Win This Month, Roddy!

I'm home this morning with El Chunkito as he's got his kindergarten physical at 11:30. Makes no sense to go to work for a whopping hour before I have to turn around and go back to pick him up from school, take him to the dr. etc.

On Thursday I get to do it all over again, except in the afternoon, as I have to have his TB test read and then at 2:15 p.m. I've got an appointment to get his kindergarten registration taken care of. Lord, all this hoop jumping for kindergarten--college applications can't be much worse! Never mind I don't have any leave accrued at my job yet!

Anyway, because we're sitting around watching daytime TV (I'm such a good mom), like the Price is Right, I figured it was way past time to show you the July K.A.Y.E. prize!

Ok, ok, it's sock yarn again, (don't worry, next month's prize is NOT sock yarn!) but only because the name was so appropriate: Cherry Tree Hill "Life's a Beach." It's July, perfect beach weather!

100_3878

But wait, what else do you win this month?? Why that would be a pair of snail shell double point needle/crochet hook protectors from 3 Owls Knitting (Sherry Santa-Slammed me last Christmas and included a pair of these and I freaking LOVE them!) Get it? Snail shells--the beach??? (Oh needles and hook are not included. Those are just there for reference!)

100_3881

Ok, moving on. You'll also win a set of six danglefree Entrelac stitchmarkers.

100_3880

How do these tie in with the beach theme? Well they sort of look like nipple rings. Which you might see on a nude beach right? I haven't used these myself, but they get rave reviews from people who have.

There you have it. If you haven't entered yet this month there's still time. The official rules are here. The random number generator will be pulling a number August 1 for July's winner.

Speaking of nipples and danglefree stitchmarkers--I wish I had ordered some of those stitchmarkers for myself for my latest WIP.

100_3914

What is it? Why it's a Tit Bit.

I'm knitting it out of some Berroco Ultra Silk. I honestly didn't even think about how cracker-fleshy colored it would be when I picked pink! I just fell in love with the softness of it.

Stix-n-Stitches was having a kick ass sale and for $32 I walked away with a ball of Ultra Silk, a couple of balls of yarn for some secret spoilage, next month's KAYE prize, and a skein of some cotton/tencel Classic Elite blend I can't remember the name of, and a set of US 5 Brittany DPNs (although needles weren't on sale).

The wonder of these Tit Bits is you don't need a lot of yarn and can splurge on the more expensive stuff since you only need one small ball.

So who's the Tit Bit for? No, I haven't decided to try and join the circus as the three-boobied woman.

It's for my mom.

Even though she's not a knitter, she particpated in KAYE. Her kootchie passed the exam with flying colors, but the mammosquish that comes standard with the cooter rootin' in her age bracket revealed a tumor in her left boobie.

Therefore in August she's having Lefty removed completely.

She's given me permission to share this information. (Even though I have no problem blogging about personal things like what color underwear I'm wearing--boring white if you're curious--I did want to make sure she was OK with me blogging about Lefty.)

One more reason to join in the Kootchie Awarness Yarn Extravaganza! It's not just for kootchies!

Labels: , ,

27 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, but thank you for the link to the tit bit. It was an incredible story, and a great example of how to overcome rather than succumb (heh, heh, that rhymes ;).

On a more positive note, I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for Bloggers for Positive Global Change award.

Thanks for being an inspiration ;).

10:28 AM  
Blogger The Fluffy Ewe said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear your mom will be undergoing a mastectomy surgery in August. I will be thinking positively for her and that the cancer will be completely eradicated by the surgery. ::hugs::

Love the KAYE prize for August! Such a refreshing theme. All one would need now is a pina colada to be transported to the tropics. lol

Yeah, Im gonna be getting Toddling registered for pre-school and it sounds as if I'll be making the same rounds as you with the physical, etc. Ugh...

10:32 AM  
Blogger LilKnitter said...

The amount of red-tape involved in getting a child into kindergarten is truly astounding; I shudder to imagine how complicated it will be when The Man and I have kids.

And I am so sorry to hear about your mum and the boobie. But if she's anything at all like you, she will be able to take this - and a lot else! - totally in stride. I'm so glad they caught the tumor sooner rather than later.

10:47 AM  
Blogger KnitMoka said...

Healing wishes to you mom. I would love to whip up a tit bit or two for her if she'd like an assortment.

Love KAYE, the prize is beachin'.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Tit Bit is terrific Bez.
Below is a message for your Mom,

Best of health and good luck to you Bez Mom! I'm a secret admirer of yours. Why? Just take a gander at your #1 spawn. She's quite a construction. Well done.
We'll be thinking of you and wishing you peace of mind.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Good luck with getting Chunky ready for school!

Best of luck to your mom, I hope the surgery goes well. I'm sure she'll love the tit bit.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!! For all of your support and yours freinds support!! What I have is DCIS, in stage 0. And I went for the total removal because it is my left one and with radiation they can't miss your heart and lungs. Plus IT cannot come back except in the right one. I hope to have a scar that smiles up at me and who ever else gets to see it. Thank you again!! Love, Mom
PS: You can be my Favorite Eldest Daughter if I win the July K.A.Y.E.
PSS: Plus I need something for your Christmas present!!!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I just read your Mom's comment and I am so happy for her and you! That really is great news and that tit bit will be perfect for her, it sounds so soft! Great KAYE prize for August too! Yay for Chunky going to Kindergarten..yeah, he'll get there despite all the stuff you gotta do! ;)

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, BezMom, you're the most positive commenter. I love reading what you say to Bezzie every time she posts. She's lucky to have you and I hope everything goes well for you.

~Denice

1:12 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I hope your mom does well. I was thinking that the stitch markers were remarkably like navel rings...which you would also see on the beach:)

1:33 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Your Mom is the best. So positive.

Wonderful prizes!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I made a tit bit for a friend a while back! Very clever. Sorry you have to make one though. Beautiful yarn for the KAYE.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Oh geez, sorry to hear about lefty. How nice you're knitting your mom a new tit, though...not all moms can say they have a daughter who would do something like that. I too hope all goes well for her.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Bezz-mom (I feel a nickname sticking here) it seems you have a fan club. I too love your positive comments and hope all goes well.

Bezzie, I love the fact that you can knit something that um, I guess you'd call it intimate, for your mom. If that sounds bizarre it's you'd have to know just how closed up mine would be about the whole thing. I'm talkin' "death bed confessions" quiet.

The KAYE prize is faboo!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

mammosquish! hehe. awww, will be thinking of mom. I always love seeing her comments here!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Good luck with the surgery Bezz-Mom!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a lurker letting you know I'll have my fingers crossed for your Mom...August and beyond! Alison

11:23 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Ah Bezzie I am sorry about your mom. If she has half the sense of humour you do she'll get through it all fine. You need humour to see you through the tough times in life. You rock by the way!


Thanks for sharing the Kootchie prize(s)....those are great!

6:44 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Bezzie, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'm sending great healing vibes her way and many positive thoughts.
Great KAYE prize by the way!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I'm sorry to hear this news about your mom. I know you hate stupid mushy crap, but I really do send good healing thoughts her way. If she's your mom, I suspect she will kick the ass of anything that tries to mess with her. Awareness is key and you're making a difference.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Amysatx said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Mom and will keep you both in my thoughts. My Mom has ended up having to have both her breasts removed (the second one was her choice for preventive reasons). It's good your Mom is taking a proactive stance on this. We're both here if you or your Mom have any questions or just want to talk/write. :-)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Your mom seriously rocks. My best to her.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. She (and you!) will be in my prayers. Good luck!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

BezMom, you rock for being so positive. Hope all goes well for you when the time comes.

Bezzie, thank goodness you started this this year.

1:20 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

You know, if you squint really hard, the stitch markers actually look like boobies, not just nipple rings.

I love how wonderfully positive your attitude and approach is Bezmom! :) I also love how you want to win the KAYE prize so you can give it back to Bez as a Christmas present - we can see how the cheapass doesn't fall far from the tree! ;)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Sending healing wishes to the BezMom! It's no easy thing, but breast cancer IS treatable.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home