Friday, August 17, 2007

And Onto More Exciting Topics Now!

I'm glad some of y'all are having fun at The Place. It's kind of like Disneyland, most people really love it, but for a small percentage of others, a person in a mouse costume is a little creepy.

And for the record, I liked Disneyland OK. Been there, done that.

I won't be spending time there trying to figure out the latest poop on their forums. I tried reading a few topics but found them incredibly hard to follow.

No Secret Agent Woman here.

Besides Secret Agent Women always have cool names and get laid by guys like James Bond.

Sadly my name isn't Ivanna Screwalot and Dr. Mad Scientist sure ain't no Bond!

If you're interested in touring The Place while you're keeping your spot in line warm, let me know. I'll gladly loan you my username and password and you can go poke around in there before you get your invite proper. I couldn't find anything in The Place rules that prevented that and I don't see the harm.

Just don't go changing my screenname (which I'm not advertising--it's not Bezzie) to Ivanna Screwalot and it's all good.

But cheerio! Onto, in my opinion, more exciting things to waste some typing about!

It's Friday, it's a few days past the middle of the month.

Hm, whatever could that mean?

Kootchie Awarness Yarn Extravaganza yarn time!!!!!!!!!!

This month you'll be competing for a skein of NON sock yarn! I'm so proud of myself for getting away from sock yarn as a prize if only for a month!

100_4038

It's kind of a dark picture, forgive me, but that's a skein of Hand Dyed Kid Aran from Fleece Artist. I believe the color is "Renaissance."

Wondering what I'm going on about here? Click the link above to find out. To the rest of you who have already entered--good luck!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

*drool* Nice prize!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

The yarn is very purty!

Hey, I've never been the DL, and have always wanted to go just to ride in that damn cup and saucer and sing, It's a small world afterall! :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger buttercup said...

Ummmm - yummy prize! Pick me m'k?

Ahh - I think you and DMS have your Halloween costumes all set. 007 and Ivanna Screwalot! HEH!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh that yarn is so fabulous!

Ivanna Screwalot must be friends with Octopussy ;-)

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! What a great prize!!! I love the colors! Really sorry that I don't knit, but on the other hand I know someone that does!!! It would make them a great Christmas present!!!! Love, Mom

10:57 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

IMNSHO, a mountain is being made out of a molehill re: the knittyhead summertime blues. There is no sleuthing to be done as there is nothing to find. You can 'say what you want' on the Place boards so that ruffled up a few feathers. Everyone is grouchy because it's summer. Come winter, things will be back to business as usual at knittyboard. I quit more for personal reasons than anything else. I've been a member of over 2 dozen board communities in my online life and they all go through hand wringing and changes. It's normal. If you want 'fun' then go make your knittyboard fun, quit over-examining 'leaving trends'.
.....end message.

Hope Chunky and BezMom are feeling good. <3

11:03 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Woo-hoo...only one more month until I get to participate!

12:23 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

What about Ivanna Humpalot. Would that be okay?

2:33 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Woah, nice prize!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Love the yarn!!!

Never been to Disneyland....must one day do that but I'll take your word for it on the place.

I am quite happy here in blogland :)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I thought I was the only one in the world not in line for The Place.

The yarn is oh so beautiful!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love that yarn, one lucky gal this month! hehe I love those names!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Westozcaat said...

I had to have a second exam this week, as the first one had a minor bad reading- am holding my breath all is ok -does this mean i get another entry!!!! LOL

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home