Friday, August 03, 2007

I'm Meeeeeellllltinnnngggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so mother effing hot.

Even the tigers aren't happy.

100_3934

Weather.com is a liar. It is not 75 degrees. It has to be 90 in this house at least.

My squeaky $10 Target (oh I hate you Target, you'll never replace my unrequited love for the universally hated because its the cool thing to do big box store) fan here in the living room isn't doing the trick. I'm still sweating buckets.

I could lie down in bed where it sounds like a wind tunnel. And maybe Springs would curl up in my crotch like I awoke to find him last night.

Why oh why are cats so damn snuggly when the temps hit above 80?

So basically it's been not too much knitting here. However I am celebrating some recent work victories.

I don't talk much about work ever since my site tracker showed a hit from The Man's office (you'll note my posts about The Man have long been deleted).

It's a shame because there is an attorney that sits in my "wing" of the office that makes The Man look like a pussycat. He is vile, belittling and demeaning to his staff. He would make for some great regular blog fodder.

And his secretary was on vacation this week and I got the honor of sitting in for her for two days. It was originally supposed to be one day, but today the girl who was supposed to be there allegedly had a death in the family. I hope she brings the obit in on Monday or I'm kicking her ass.

But I handled myself beautifully. My shining moment came when he felt the need to give me a letter to dictate. This involves him standing right behind you barking out sentences as you type what he's saying on the computer. If you screw up a sentence, he starts screaming.

I only screwed up two sentences! Hee! Much better than even his normal secretary. She's always being berated for misspellings, etc.

Ah but I can't let it go to my head. It's just a lousy paper pushing position.

So there you have it. Until this weather cools down you get to read boring posts about me bitching about how hot it is and dreary old work.

Cheer up! You've read this far--you are now rewarded with a pretty picture I took this afternoon of my pot garden. This is the last of my three sunflowers to bloom. The other two are dead but I've harvested their seeds to plant next year.

100_3935

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

It's freakin' hot here too...and I had to traipse across campus today. It sucked.

9:38 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Don't let him know how great you are - you might end up being his secretary!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

what the HECK is that bug and why is it so big?

Hot here in Chi-town as well. and let me tell you, working in a warehouse, without a/c, and just some meager fans, and me and the guys...does not make for pretty working conditions. i positively glow! erm, not in a good way.

9:59 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Darn I was just going to say what janna said.

Thinking cool breezes for you.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Is that an actual bee on the sunflower? How cool is that?

10:54 PM  
Blogger funfairiegirl said...

Eva - my long haired fat cat NEVER sleeps with me. The last few nights I have woekn to her curled around my head. Rozz - the sweet one - has given up sleeping on me as I think I kicked him out of bed more than once this week. Usually he sleeps on or right next to me. Yeah. 300 degrees at night...I don't think so.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

It's insanely hot here too, but that's no reason for people to scream at other people because of mistyped stuff. I mean, we're no longer in the age of typewriters and whiteout strips. Everything is fixable without a trace.

7:33 AM  
Blogger bradyphrenia said...

that's a lovely sunflower pic. if i had my own yard i would seriously think about attempting to grow some, and that's saying a lot, as i hate flowers.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

It's hot up here in the so-called frozen north too! Although I am not really complaining. This is to balance out the -30C weather in the winter that we get. At least, that's my story and I am sticking to it....

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the heat:( We have only had one really good day and that was last Sunday. I'll send you some rain and you can send us some sun...Ok? I really like the sunflower. Nice bee. Love, Mom

10:45 AM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

I ditto what Janna wrote. That would bite big time.

I cannot stand people who show their ass continually. Once in a while is okay, but all the time.

Sorry it is so hot in your house. You need one of those little kiddie pools to sleep in :)

11:05 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Poor Chunky the Tiger! He looks so...forlorn!

Be careful - make sure you don't get the Curse of the Competent!

3:41 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Um, why is Chunky a tiger?

I've learned to make peace with the heat when I try to sleep. Sometimes you have to give into sweating and the irregular buzzing of the ceiling fan that doesn't really do anything. If you make peace with it, then you can't be irritated by it and thus, sleep in comfort.

-T.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Pretty flower! Bee and all! Wow, if my boss screamed at me I'd get myself fired. Poor Chunky Tiger, he does not look happy! Not one little bit!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Have you rented "The Devil Wears Prada"?
Well, this won't totally ruin it for you. It's bullshit when bosses justify their abuse by saying they're trying to get you to your potenial and when you succeed and go elsewhere they take credit because they were so hard on you. Really they're just emotionally immature ass****s who cannot control their outbursts. It could just as easily be devastating to the employee depending on the circumstances of their psyche.
Of course I'm drooling over the sunflower.

7:37 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That is an amazing picture.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

How'd they know you have a blog??? Creepy.


It has been very hot here too. Sucks cause you don't feel like doing anything.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Swap you for some rain.

Sounds like he need to be Bezzified and taught some manners

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home