Thursday, August 02, 2007

July KAYE Winner

Drum roll please!

The winner of the CTH Life's a Beach sockweight (but you don't have to use it for socks!) yarn, the Entrelac danglefree nipple/bellybutton stitchmarkers, and 3 Owls Knitting DPN/crochet hook holder is:

Jamie S.

Jamie's sans a blog...which is just fine. A great example that you don't need a blog to play (or win!).

Didn't win this month? No fear! There's still five more months in the year plus the "grand" prize of a mini-stash of kindly donated yarn.

Trust me when I say donated does not equal Grandma's hand me down Red Heart. Some very cush-mariffic yarns have been donated by knitters all over the world!

Are you wondering what the hell I'm blabbing about? Click here, get rooted, email me, cross your fingers, and stay tuned at the end of each month to see if your name has been pulled!

Finally, just because I can't leave you without a picture (I'm a fan of blog posts with pictures--what can I say, I have the attention span of a 3 y.o. sometimes!)--I leave you with one of my only WIPs on the needles right now:

100_3932

It's the North Star Tam from Arctic Lace. I'm knitting it from some 100% llama yarn spun by prize-winning spinner Sarah.

The only other WIP I've got on the needles right now is a pair of backwards Red Dwarf socks by Turtlegirl.

They're supposed to be knit toe-up on 2 circs. But I'm a stubborn knitter so I'm knitting them cuff down on DPNs. I'll show that WIP once I get the first sock done (probably end of next week--it's my lunch knitting project).

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Pardon me while I drool over the handspun llama yarn. That's gorgeous! The colors hiding in it! Ooooh.

But I still can't wait to see your Red Dwarf socks. =)

6:32 AM  
Blogger LilKnitter said...

The tam looks snuggly and warm...and it's forecasted to be 42C with the humidex today. I think I'll have a better appreciation for pictures of your tam post-heatwave! It's turning out beautifully, all kidding aside; good yarn choice!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Thanks for pointing out TG's pattern. I love to read sock patterns, even though I may not always knit them. I have a huge collection of socks patterns. I did not know TG had written one. (I'm a secret admirer of hers. shhhh! She'll get a big head if she hears. :-)
Now about that tam! Gosh, I love the color of that yarn, and boy do I ever love a well made tam or beret. Looking forward to it.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Pretty yarn. It is tough to work with wool like that when it is this hot. I want to make scarves and mittens but I am such a whiner when it's hot. I love the red dwarf sock pattern but I am a dpn person and prefer cuff down. Let me know how that works out. I would like to make some but I am not good at translating toe up to cuff down.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

i am sitting here sweating in the humid moist summer, and that pic of your tam reminded me that this too shall pass!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaaah! Darn I didn't win again! Well as you said I am still in the running for the next 5 months. I think that I better start thinking of another Christmas present for you. Hmmmmmm! I'll think of something. Nice tam, will it be cold enough to wear it down there? It sounds like the heat is getting to everyone. Love, Mom

10:45 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

So would that make them Frawd Der socks?

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Kristin said...

mmmmm...llama

11:39 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

oooh that tam looks lovely. I need to buy that book - too many great patterns. - zuma

12:34 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congrats to Jamie! Your tam looks sooo nice, I can almost feel how soft it is. I envy your style in that you never seem (not that I saw) to go crazy with WIPs and have 28 things on the needles at once. You start finish and get it out for all to see. I'm jealous.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Woot! Llama yarn tam!

loving it!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I love the yarn you're using for the tam. Very pretty and subtle.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Your Tam is looking good. I like that color.

Congrats to the Kaye winner!!!


I love your squid by the way. Your "Rasta Penis" comment gave me a chuckle!!!!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

That's it. The knittig police are gonna have to come get you for knitting a sock on dpn's instead of the circs called for! :)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home