Sunday, September 30, 2007

OOF!

I swear, weekends need to be three days.

Saturday and Sunday it seems all I do is catch up on the housecleaning, bill paying, grocery shopping, and lunch baking...I have no time for anything fun!

That should change in October though--instead of Rhinebeck, Chunky and I will be going to Amherst, MA to visit my Aunt Jaywalker. Last time we saw her was about a year ago when she was doing a conference in Dallas. I was knitting a pair of Jaywalkers that she admired and when I found out she had the same size feet as me (she had to buy cowboy boots in Dallas!) I sent them to her. Funny thing is that I'll probably be knitting some Jaywalkers when we go up there.

The last week of October will be fun too--my sister T. is coming up to visit. Well, more like the end of the week--she'll leave on Saturday. She's on the job-hunt and her school is putting on a job-fair hootenanny in NYC. Her poor sucker classmates will have to spring for NYC hotels. Ha ha! We won't have much time to hang, but it will still be good to see her.

If anyone knows of anyone hiring a newbie copywriter with a penchant for the weird (although she can pretend to be normal if need be) let me know.

And speaking of the ends of the months. Tomorrow is October 1. Which means tomorrow I'll be drawing for September's K.A.Y.E. winner.

Mmm....Mirasol Hacho yarn--two skeins!

100_4301

And finally I just finished up stocking my Etsy shop.

I've introduced something new. I'm not sure how well this will sell--but here it is:

100_4476

It's a polymer clay yarn/thread cutter shaped like--what else?

The only problem I forsee with this is the price. Because those blades aren't cheap, it bumps the price up a bit.

But it was fun to make!!

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a rotary blade in your thread cutter? What a great idea!! You should of asked me for my old blades, there are areas on them that are still good but they don't rotate and cut all the way. You could just fix them so that the bad spots are in your ball. I will not through out my old blades now. Love, Mom

3:33 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Maybe instead of rotary blades, you could find cheapo-imitation exacto blades and work them in somehow? Or some kind of hobby knife blades...

Great idea.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Make sure the blade doesn't work through the polymer clay in a short period of time, though. Ouch!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Nifty little tool! Um, how is it the end of September already!?! Beautiful yarn!

5:45 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I'm waiting for the yarn ball nunchucks.


Sounds like you have a fun week ahead!

6:47 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Can't wait to see y'all.

Thanks for the shout out. Seriously, readers of my sister's blog, I need me a job.

Oh, and I like how the cut yarn is in the picture of the yarn cutter--I wouldn't have believed it otherwise.

-T.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I totally agree. I think the weekend should be at least 3 days long. Working 5 days a week just means you have to spend the rest of the time cleaning etc. which blows.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Pinkwool, formerly Fluffy Ewe said...

Damn, I am drooling over that yarn...

Those blades are wicked expensive, I agree. I like Elizabeth's idea with finding exacto blades or the like. Great idea tho!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Amby said...

Put that bad boy in the shop and see if it sells, Sister Bezzie!

Seriously, I wasn't sure if anyone would pay for "Le Shitte Saq" until it was in the shop and selling!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I know what you mean. With DEM working 'til all hours all week long, it's hard to get him to help me on the weekends with just stuff that needs to get done around the house - like finishing the painting or renovated Big-little's room so that she can move into it :). Of course three days wouldn't be enough, either. I need a six day weekEND ;).

That yarn cutter is pretty cool ;). Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

10:42 PM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Goodness Bezzie, you are Wonder Woman. It sounds like you do have a fun October coming up. If you still live relatively close by maybe next year we can meet up at Rhinebeck! My hubby is attending UMass in Amherst. It sounds nice out there. And...I love the cutter idea!!! You are on a roll girl.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I know what you mean about weekends - and it makes matters worse when you can't sleep the night before your weekend ends...

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Miss T said...

Exacto blades probably are cheaper. And definitely, weekends are too short!

7:53 AM  
Blogger buttercup said...

Obviously the price didn't deter anyone cause they are gone from your shop! Good for you!

I may have a line on something for T. I'll PM ya.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

You have a real treat ahead for you and your family. The leaf colors of October in the Northeast are one of nature's very best eye candy. Take pics, and post one for moi, please. I are envious. ;-)

You creative genius you. I wonder what sort of entrepreneur you'd be? You have all the qualities that makes a good one.

11:13 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I'm SO bummed I won't be able to throw my name in for KAYE this month! There's some sort of secret sinister yaya plot going on around here. All the female vajayjay docs in the tri-county area got together and decided to shut out any new patients. At least, it seems that way when I call.

Fun month ahead for you! And very cute yarn cutter!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Amherst is one of my favorite places to hang out. I hope you have a blast there!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Those are cute!!! Your so creative!!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home