Friday, October 12, 2007

Love & Hate

This week's blogstalking topic: three things you love and three things you hate.

I'm going to skip over the usual suspects. I love my husband, and my Chunkito, and my furbags, my parents, my siblings, my siblings' spouses, my siblings' kids, my in-laws, my sibling-in-laws' kids, rock and roll, chocolate, sex, and Alaska...but that stuff all goes without saying, right?

Here we go then!

1. I love the word “hate.”

GASP!

I know, I know, many people seem to disagree with this word and even refrain from using it. However, I’m not sure why.

Here’s how I see it: by using it you’re helping spread love.

What the hell am I talking about?

Well think about it like this—without hate there would be no love and vice versa. So if we all stopped using the word hate (which we would probably just use a different word in lieu of it anyway over time thus negating the whole purpose of avoiding the word “hate”) how would we know what we love?

To me, the words "love" and "hate" represent a dualistic set of concepts that work hand in hand. You can’t really have one without the other. If you stop using the word hate (and assuming no word takes it’s place in meaning) you are disempowering the word love. You give love less meaning by not using the word hate.

I will agree that the word "hate" is overused.

“I hate the way these pants make my ass look fat!”

But so is the word "love."

“I love chocolate cream cupcakes!”

So keep on hatin’ so we can keep on lovin’ I say!

2. I love lamp.

100_4544

That's my not so subtle nod to a genre of movie I love and my own bizzare sense of decorating.

3. I love cloudy days.

To me, sunny days are overrated and depress me.

I seriously think I suffer from Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder. If I go too many days with nothing but sun, I get into a real funk. Thank god RSAD is easily remedied. I don’t have to buy one of those grow lamps like SADers have to sit under. I just have to sit in a dark closet.

Much cheaper and easier on the electric bill.

Now onto the hates!

1. I hate nosehair.

100_1520

I’m not sure what it is, but it drives me nuts. The closer I come to 30 the more I’m finding renegade nosehairs that bug the hell out of me.

I can FEEL them in my nose and I can't rest until they stop tickling the inside of my nose!

2. I hate old-house plumbing.

100_4545
(I also hate cleaning the bathroom as you can tell--ha ha!)

Maybe I just hate renting because I can't do anything on my own to fix this without having to go through the middleman (i.e. the landlord) to get a plumber or a professional to fix a slow drain.

I know what the problem is--Chunky dropped the cap to the shampoo bottle down the drain. Never mind that you don't NEED to unscrew the cap to the shampoo to get the shampoo out. Sigh. He's truly a little man.

3. I hate the way these pants make my ass look fat.

100_4543

Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

Best Ass photo. Ever.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Knit Mongrel said...

Hey! I killed a man with a trident!

Just my way of saying - me too. :)

7:51 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

You can't get a shampoo cap out of the drain? Honey, I got a ponytail holder bead out of my bathroom sink drain, and the damn bead wasn't even mine!

-T.

8:47 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I hate renting, too. I didn't think I would mind it (again), but apparently I had adjusted to home ownership without realizing it. I want to paint my walls. I want to stencil lady bugs in my kitchen. I want to own a decent stove. (Have you noticed that I rant more in my comments here than on my own blog?)

9:43 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

RSAD huh? Interesting. I'm the opposite. I actually hate sunglasses because they make sunny days cloudy. Why would you want to go making a perfectly nice day not so nice? Now I know. For Bezzie.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I hate the way all pants make my ass look fatter. I'd go naked, but it's not the pants ... it's just my ass ;).

10:14 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I hear ya on the hate love.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! this is a good one!! You can be 100 pounds and pants will make your ass look BIG!!! Did our fore mothers know something that we don't know? Is that why they wore dresses? As for nose hairs...well it gives your Dr something to look at when they look up your nose. And I agree with you on the love/hate thing without the one you have no other. You have to have that contrast. And T a ponytail holder bead has a hole that you can put a wire thru and pull it out of the drain. Love, Mom

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I love your third hate. Best hate EVER.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

You should have a nose hair picking contest. Whoever gets out the most in one yank wins.

RSAD. Finally, a name for the condition! Love it.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Momma Monkey said...

Bezzie, are you just pointing to things in the room and saying you love them?

... is that 'sex panther' you're wearing?

3:37 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Wow. That first one was a lot of philosophical deep thought for 2:30 in the morning. Now I'm ready for bed!

Nice ass!

4:40 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Ha! Maybe the nose hair thing is an age thing. They are making me crazy too and I'm swiftly approaching 30.
AND...your ass probably wouldn't look fat if you weren't sticking it out. ;)

4:55 AM  
Blogger Brena said...

My boyfriend razors out his nose hairs, it freaks me out.... but I say he's a better man afterwards.

I love ass shots! If only I had your courage.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Nice ass. Very snazzy lamp, that thing would bring me endless enjoyment.

Old plumbing is the worst, nothing like feeling the water rise to your ankles. We fixed ours and it was full of lego men. From the previous owners. Now we have one of those bar-sink strainers to catch the goodies before they head down to clog the drains.

I love cloudy days and especially thunderstorms, those are my favorites.

9:18 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

I like your argument of the word hate - very persuasive

2:13 PM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Wait 'til you start seeing tufts of hair growing from your significant male's ears.

For every advantage, there is disadvantage that pays for it. Always. For every love there is hate. Yin and Yang.

Bert and Ernie. I think you get it.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I'm RSAD too, and we have a great sky today, looks like it's gonna snow! I have a 2nd pot of coffee on and I'm all relaxed and ready to knit. I love days like this!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Love you ass photo!!!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Georgiann said...

Worse than nose hair? Frozen nose hair in the winter. Just icky.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

I hate language censorship so eliminating the word "hate" is just the start of that slippery slope that leads to book burning. Besides, don't you think that the worst insult is, "I nothing you"?

6:18 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Me too regarding the weather. I'm happiest in dreary weather and downright depressed on bright, cheerful days. Our local paper did an article about that once--there really is a reverse of SAD.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home