Thursday, October 18, 2007

More Drive By Blogging

I'm multitasking right now--cooking dinner, blogging, waiting to pick up Dr. Mad Scientist from the train station, and waiting for the jackasses at TrendMicro to chat with me to tell me why my fucking antivirus software isn't updating. They told us how to "fix" it last month. Too bad their "fix" lasted two weeks. My virus software hasn't been updated since October 7!!!

First off, some credit.

The October KAYE yarn came from The Colorful Ewe. She's got some "Zombies Ate My Brain" in stock and "The Devil Wears Prabaaaaa." Ha ha!

And the vintage Halloween black kitty heads came from Beadmarkers. I don't think she has anymore kitty heads in stock, but still worth poking around her place.

Second, some knitting I've been doing:

100_4594

Stumped?

100_4595

I'll give you a couple of hints: This is the "before" picture--it's not quite done yet, and it's about an inch longer than my hand.

Finally, to touch on some posts of the week past.

You'll never guess what was on my answering machine two days after I received that rejection letter from that job I applied for six months ago: a call from a different place I applied asking me to come in for an interview.

Holy crap. For being in such a hurry behind the wheel, these New Jersey peeps sure like to take their time hiring people!!

I also threw out the car seats yesterday. I just did it.

But don't worry--for all that bullshit about getting knocked up as soon as you get rid of your last baby thing, there's a ying to that yang.

Miss M, one of Chunky's teachers was asking me what his family name was. Silly kid wouldn't tell her.

She laughed when she heard it (keep in mind she's straight from Russia) and said it was easily translatable (even though I've always heard it's a Czech name that means "without thanks") in Russian.

Of course I asked her what it meant!

"One who does not have children."

Ha ha! How damn funny is that? I figure that balances out the wives tales of getting rid of your baby stuff too early!

Alright well these dickheads at TrendMicro are finally talking to me. Let's see if they can "fix" my problem again.

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I use PC Cillen too. So far I like it.

Sheep? Needing to be felted?

6:33 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I guess it's a Beanis? As for the crappy tech support, I onceread stats that only 1 out 3 techs at any given support desk are actually competent.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I think the same as Turtlegirl. A sheep needing a felt job! The other thing I thought involved DMS, and I don't think you do "that". I don't know whether to congratulate you, or laugh at the speedy response to your application. Jeeze, I sure know how that is. I'm hearing crickets chirping in jobsearch land.

7:04 PM  
Blogger JRS said...

Hmm...a banana protector, so the fruit doesn't get banged up when you throw one in your bag to take for a snack? I've seen something like that for apples; why not bananas?

Those employers are nuts.

7:24 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Dearest KBezzie,
Nothing beats Dell keeping my money for over a month after I returned their craptacular laptop. Talk about customer/tech service!

Hmmm...your name seems to be an indication of your child bearing. I believe in stuff like that.

And, it is going to be some knitted corn?

-T.

9:00 PM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

I have no idea what that project is...I'm very intrigued to see it finished though. Good luck with the tech support. I've yet to find any good support service anywhere when it comes to that type of thing. Have fun this weekend in MA!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

You know, if you jump on the bandwagon now, you could be Belly Buddies with me and Yorkie. Something to think about...

I have PC Cillen on this computer right now and ever since I renewed it last October it hasn't worked. It makes my computer hang every time I turn around. I've called Bangalore at least 5 times to talk to people who do not know how to fix it short of "uninstall it and reinstall it."

Anyway, it expires today and I'm off to the Staples to pick up a different brand. I cannot wait to purge my machine of this most unholy demon.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is too funny about your name!

Is this a job you still want?

7:40 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I gave away all my little monster's stuff about 2 years ago and I'm not preggo yet. You should be safe. :)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Andey Layne said...

Is it a squash?

9:23 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Oh lord, if all those old wives tales were true, I'd have had the brady bunch by now. Which would make my MIL happy. :P

I use Spybot. It's free, updates every week, no problems to date.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok! I warned you! But I think your name has you covered. That is really funny. As for the knitted item well I was thinking it kind of looks like a baby bottle cover(seeing that all your bosses are having babies). But on second guess I agree with turtlegirl76 it does look like a sheep that needs to be felted and stuffed. Love, Mom

11:39 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

A Willy Warmer! In some kind of albino colorway.

Multitasking. Yesterday I knit a hat, embroidered a felted hat, baked brownies and cookies, boiled sausage, listened to a podcast, read a book, and saved the world - all at the same time. Well, not really. Pick and choose there. But almost. And I felt like Wonderwoman, because I have choices, dammit! Until I got the job application rejection letter in my inbox (automated response, by the way) from a place I applied to back in, oh, I dunno, March...

2:46 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

I hope to maude it's a pencil. One never knows when it's Bezzie!!

3:47 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

you tossed the car seats??? despite the 'protection' of your 'assumed' name, you are SO playing with fire. are y'all gonna name her after me?

4:55 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I have no idea what that is, but I'm amazed at the 6 months later interview incident. Are they hoping you'll say yes out of sheer surprise? Or agree to ridiculously low pay out of sheer desperation? I really don't get it.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

I vote corn - some kind of fall decoration?

10:37 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Are they the first two fingers of a pair of really large gloves.

As for the computer stuff, I use zone alarm for the firewall, AVG(free edition) for anti-virus and Adaware for those pesky data miners. They can all be downloaded, they are updated every week and more importantly they're all FREE.
I used to have Norton antivirus, it cost an arm and a leg and one day last year a virus strolled past the windows firewall, sneaked up behind norton and then kicked the crap out of it and my hard drive.

Better luck on the job hunt front.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love to be typing while I'm talking to some idiot techie on the phone. I always wonder what they're thinking ... like maybe I'm actually a "mystery shopper" and I'm taking notes. They seem to act a little different when they hear the computer keys :).

No clue on the not quite FO :). Can't wait to see what new, incredibly creative thing Bezzie has dreamed up this time :).

7:54 PM  
Anonymous bufanditas said...

I'm guessing your knitting some mittens. Yep, my imagination is very limited.

Why don't you straight up ask the employer what salary you can expect. You never know, it might be worth your time.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home