Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Plotting

I've been tagged by both Zuma for a name-meme-ma-dingy. But you know me--I can't just do a meme with no pictures! I cater to the short-attention-span-easily-visually-stimulated blog reader like myself. So stay tuned. It will be a meme yes, but with picturey goodness!

In the meantime while I'm plotting, check out what I won over at Knit Mongrel's as part of her "name my laptop" blog contest. She didn't pick the name I suggested--I won the random drawing portion.

100_4517

Check that out! Two skeins of Raggedy Ann Hair Red alpaca, a skein of Jitterbug, and 101 One Skein Wonders. Isn't she sweet?

I almost want to make a red scarf for a certain charity project out of that yarn. However, I'm kind of jaded on that project. I believe it brands orphans. Everytime I see a person with a red scarf my knee jerk reaction is to feel sorry for them because they didn't have any parents. What kind of message is that sending?

I know the intent is good and pure behind the Red Scarf Project, but I think it would be better if it was just called the Orphan Scarf Project and you could knit whatever colored scarf you wanted for an orphan--the intent is the same right? Someone's thinking of them.

Besides, not all people, especially us exremely pink people, look good in red.

And an aside to the mystery person who mailed me something else that day and whose mail gets stamped in San Jose: You are a sneaky sneakiferous sneak--someday I'll figure out who you are! Thank you!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Rebel said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

LOL... well, you know, you could always use it to over stitch a big A on the sweaters of anyone you know with an immoral streak. ;)

6:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love Jitterbug :)

6:38 PM  
Blogger janna said...

You know, if you read the fine print, it says you CAN use any color you want, as long as it works on both guys and girls.....

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man where was the Raggedy Ann hair yarn when I was making Raggedy Ann??? You keep it I am finish with them. Love, Mom

8:11 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Haha...what Rebel said!!

8:11 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Fine print? Who reads that? Certainly not all those people with loose bowels and itchy watery eyes and boils and whatnot.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Neat-o presents! Is sneakiferous a word?

9:48 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

You know, I started thinking the same thing about red-scarved orphans...and yeah, was gonna share the fine print as well...it took me three years to notice that bit. And they no longer care about "super/easy" wash either. And if they never did, someone put it into my head that it had to be...

It's true what they say, you learn something in 30 seconds but it takes years to "unlearn"/"relearn" or correct your perception of it.

10:24 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I wear a red scarf and I'm not an orphan. (or maybe those stories are true afterall...)

10:53 PM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Nice winnings!!!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

oh great, I was gonna knit Elliott a red scarf, and now everyone will think he's an orphan... I guess a red scarf is better than a FPD. And thanks for the photos, because, yes, I am one of your sasevs blog readers. oh, and one more thing, cheer up Chunky!

8:39 AM  
Blogger LilKnitter said...

Ooh, lucky you; a whole skein of Jitterbug!! And the red looks very squishable, too.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That wouldn't happen to be Alpaca Grande would it? I hope for you it is! I have 5 skeins of it. Sometimes, I think I want to make the Capelet out of it....but I dunno.

Oh hell, you cannot be right all the time huh? (In ref. to Red Scarf Project.)

Kay

10:31 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Sweet prizes!

Fine print or not, calling it the "Red" Scarf Project does tend to pigeonhole it...

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Knit Mongrel said...

So glad you like 'em - knit well, my dear! Here's to many more packages being sent your way.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Of course you would think that about orphans being that you had great parents. I think, lucky them! No parents to suck the life blood from their quivering souls.

Or something equally dramatic. ;-)

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home