Sunday, October 28, 2007

So Much To Post!

I've been mum lately because after coming back from Massachusetts, it was time to get ready for my sister T.'s visit. She was visiting mainly to attend a portfolio review (think job fair) in NYC.

She flew in on Wednesday night. On Thursday me and Chunky played hooky and brought her into the city to do a dry run as to where she was going on Friday (The Center for Architecture).

100_4748

We found where we were going pretty easy. Since the CFA was closeby, we hit The Strand--a hugeass used and new bookstore. We only spent maybe 1/2 and hour to 45 mins there. I could have spent a day. But when you've got a Chunky with you, things like that don't happen!

We met up for lunch with Dr. Mad Scientist at Mt. Sinai. Don't believe anything you hear about New Yorkers--we made it to the CFA and to Mt. Sinai due to the help of two random NYers who saw us looking clueless at maps on the side of the sidewalk. So thank you random old man and backpack lady!!!

From there we went home. I didn't really want to introduce T. to Penn Station and NJ Transit at 5:00 p.m.

At home we carved our Halloween pumpkins!!!

100_4762

From left to right that's Dr. Mad Scientist's pumpkin, Chunky's, mine, and T.'s. T. incorporated her scar as where her Jack got stabbed in the eyeball thus puncturing his brain and therefore he's lost motor control of that side of his face.

Yeah can you tell she wants to be a writer?

On Friday Dr. Mad Scientist and T. took the train in together while Chunky and I went to school and work.

At 7:30 p.m. we all met up at Penn Station and we took T. to Times Square to do some tourista stuff.

Because we were on a time constraint and we're just so damn imaginative, we took her to our two old standbys: Toys R'Us and M&M World.

100_4764

100_4769

Then at the suggestion of Karen we hit Ollie's, a really good Chinese place, for dinner. My only complaint was that they didn't make my General Tso's chicken spicy enough. I was able to remedy this the next day when I ate the leftovers with the help of some Pre-Katrina New Orleans Hot Sauce. Yum!

We then caught the train home and T. took off back to Atlanta on Saturday afternoon.

100_4773
(I look like a chunk in that picture--but it's the three layers of clothes I swear!)

T.'s onto her next adventure: finding a job.

She got some decent leads from the NYC portfolio review, but she's still on the hunt. She'll basically go anywhere in the country she can find a job. So if you know anyone who's looking for an entry-level copywriter or something similar, have 'em check out her work and resume.

She wants to head to Oregon to seek her fame and fortune and come Nov. 1 when she's out of her apartment and living the Jewel life in her car, she may be headed there.

Anyway, this is why I've been mum lately. I have been reading the 100 or so blogs I subscribe to. I haven't been commenting as much because I've been so busy--but I've been reading!

And get this--I've even been knitting!

I'm currently working on:

100_4785

A blurry pair of orange mittens for Chunky.

100_4784

An Autumn Walk scarf for Chunky's principal.

100_4783

And a lunchbag that I will felt for Chunky.

I am FED UP with those damn insulated lunch bags that start stinking to high hell after a week no matter how many times you wipe them out. I tried finding an old fashioned plastic lunchbox like I used to have as a kid, but they're like $10+ online. So I decided on a felted lunchbox. It will be something I can toss in the wash when it starts to smell and it will keep his stuff insulated.

Chunky picked out the yarn and I'm loving the way it's pooling.

That's all for now. I'll leave you with a teaser about my next entry.

It has to do with a certain someone who has a pair of kitties of the gangster persuasion and my cat Squeaky developing a smoking habit.

100_4779

First it was a catnip doobie. Now she's smoking catnip cigars!!!

Oh! And don't forget! Halloween in the last day to get your name in for this month's K.A.Y.E. drawing!!!

Labels: ,

25 Comments:

Blogger Andey Layne said...

M&M World? Does that mean, dare I think it, a whole store devoted to m&ms? I have GOT to get to New York some day.

And shopping with a Chunky sounds a lot like shopping with a George and Ethel. I prefer to avoid it when I actually want to look for something. :)

10:44 AM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Woowoo! I had a great time chillin' with the Bezzies in NYC. And, thanks for the shout out!

-T.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Your sister's pumpkin had me laughing out loud, it's great! Good luck with her job hunting.

Love Chunky's new lunchbag, great idea!

Um, we still make hot sauce down here post- Katrina ;-)

11:53 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Love the scar-face pumpkin-if there was any doubt she's your sister, well...

I found an old school metal lunch box for less than $10 (Partridge Family!) at an antique fair a couple of weekends ago--now I wish I had snagged it for Chunky!

11:58 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I love the scar incorporation! Very imaginative!

Hehe, that's what it's like shopping with Hubster. Which is why I generally try to shop alone.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Sisters and pumpkins and knits oh my! They all look great.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Felted lucnchbag sounds like a good idea! Too bad my lunchbag would have to be huge.

1:23 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Sounds like such a fun week!! My sister and I went to that same M & M world in NYC when we were there this past summer...so cool!!

I tried to guess which pumpkin was yours...I was right?!!

Can't wait to see what that kitty will be up to next :)

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pumpkins!!! Cool idea with the felted lunch bag. So the kitty is into cigars now!! Love, Mom

1:53 PM  
Blogger Magatha said...

We all knew you were busy. Your sis T is purty!
Good luck on the job hunt.

The next thing you know that cat will have to go to kitty rehab. I think she'll have to publicly crash into a few screen doors first though before she takes her drug problem seriously.

2:57 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

The pumpkins are a hoot. Your sister should have no problem finding a job with that much creativity stuffed into her head.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

soo busy, I'm tired after just reading about it! I think city folk are really nice, in Chicago, you can always trust a local to come to your aide... it's the small towners I worry about!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Wow - you can definitely tell you two came from the same gene pool ;) I love how your sister incorporated the scar into her jack-o'lantern.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Sounds like you had a nice visit with your sister. Glad you're back, though. I was starting to feel a little like Squeaky when you hid the doobie ;).

6:04 PM  
Anonymous NikBudnik said...

Oh yes, your sister is creative. Outdoorsy too. Good thing, seeing as to how you got all the sex appeal in the family ;)
Great photos!

9:34 PM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

M&M World looks like a riot! What fun!! I'm happy to hear you had a nice visit with T. I love the pumpkins too. And the felted lunch sack is a great idea. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Good luck to your sister! Cool pumpkins too! Awesome lunch bag idea, neat colors too!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Busy little bees.
Smashing pumpkins (no pun intended).

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's cute; your cute. It just makes me sick :)

I'm glad y'all got to get together.

Kay

9:15 AM  
Blogger AR said...

Ahhh, you lurker! Me, too. lol

9:30 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Now I'm craving m&ms. I think that's going to be a really cool looking lunch bag.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Miss T said...

Great pumpkins! The Strand is totally overwhelming, isn't it?

11:09 AM  
Blogger bradyphrenia said...

what a nice family of pumpkins.

i love that your cat has a drug problem.

11:24 AM  
Blogger knitty_kat said...

Looks like you had a good visit, awesome!

I love the lunch bag, that's a great idea!!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I love the pictures of your sister and the two of you together. Looks like fun was had!

Great idea with the lunch bag....and great socks on the go.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home