Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

Oof. Another one of those weekends.

We're all ready for winter though. Chunky and I went shopping and for a grand total of $60 I procured him a brand new winter coat, winter boots, a new pair of sneakers, and a new pair of snow pants. I haven't bought this stuff in a while since we really didn't need it in Texas last winter!!

I also prepped for plans involving this:

100_4547

I got my oil changed and discovered my car needs close to $1500 in repairs. But hey, after getting shafted by the IRS, what's $1500?

I spoke to my Old Man in Alaska, and apparently he had the same thing go wrong on his '96 Monte Carlo. He said it's a pretty common thing to fuck up in GM cars and trucks made since 1996. I guess they finally knocked it off in 2003 or 2004.

Apparently this shitty antifreeze GM puts in your car when they manufacture it is fine until your car gets outside of the warranty period and then ta-da, corrosion city.

Myself, I have a leaky water pump and intake manifold. The mechanic told me they fix anywhere from one to three of these types of problems a week. After reading that article, it doesn't surprise me.

Boy, up until Friday I did kind of feel for poor GM sinking fast in the world car market. Not anymore.

Jackasses.

Moving on--on the knitting front, the Sweet Dreams Hat fix for Dr. Mad Scientist was a complete bust. I fucked it up and it's done.

I bought some Lion Thick and Quick and he will now get a totally retarded looking hat knit on size 13 needles.

I also have another mini-mite hat in the works for Boss #2 who's wife popped out a little girl on Thursday. Thank god he's in court Monday--I have an extra day to finish it!

I did have a chance to whip out some more balls (in any other context that might seem dirty).

I also baked some cookies, cleaned the house, went grocery shopping, prepped a crock pot meal for tomorrow, and made some biscuits for dinner tomorrow. WHEW!

Sadly there was no time for ME to nap.

At least somebody did though.

100_4551

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

What in the world is Dr. Mad Scientist doing with your Meatykins?!?!

-T.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous NikBudnik said...

Dude, you let your husband nap?
Wake his ass UP!!!
If anyone should be napping arond here it is me, I don't let your dear brother get away with that.
60 bucks for winter gear is nada. Try that for 4 kids. :(

8:44 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I missed the change of subject there, and totally thought that rubbermaid tub had something to do with car repair....

The kitty looks he's bored with the whole nap idea!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Andey Layne said...

Cars suck.

Now I'm curious- what ARE you scheming for that plastic tub?

9:55 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Isn't it amazing how much shit breaks down immediately after the warranty period? What an amazing coincidence!

You know, if you figure out a way to knit a cat holder, he could just wear the kitty on his head...

12:55 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Bummer about the car! Hopefully if you keep whipping balls out that you'll be able to add to the car fund quickly!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Ugh, sorry about the car. I think you need to add more items to your repetoire. Like figuring out how to make more of those cutters, and for a key chain. I could REALLY use one for my commute to work.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Libi said...

I feel for you on the car. I had to pour money into mine to get it registered this month. (Dang prissy things like brakes that work and non-bald tires)

Hey, I didn't know you had an Esty shop! Why didn't you tell me! I've added your shop to the Favorite Etsy Store's thread. :) Free advertising. It's a good thing.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

I hope your etsy shop made winter clothes shopping less painful. Bust out 150 more balls and you have your car repairs...ugh, sorry, that sounds daunting.

I dipped into the baby-sitters club at work to make up the extra cash for my emergency root canal...we all do what we can :).

8:29 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm thinking that day of rest idea is looking really sweet to you right now ;).

Good score on the winter duds for Chunky!

What flavor is your cookie of the week?

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Miss T said...

I think it's one of the laws of the universe that just when you think you're heading into better territory, moneywise, the car will need repair. Hang in there!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

As soon as you can afford it, buy a used Toyota. They are the best f***ing car in the world for the money. They *never* break. Ever since my first Toyota, I've never gone back to domestic. I can afford a luxury car now and I still will buy only Toyotas.

If I thought it would be remotely interesting or educational, I'd tell you all about the bastards who manufacture large household appliances.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief on the car front. It has been never ending for you lately. That is one good reason why I will not own an American car. They suck -- overall.

Good luck!

Kay

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the car. But hey I will take some of those cookies you were baking. And Ahhhhhhhhhh! don't they look cute when they are asleep? Love, Mom

11:49 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Yeah, I'm curious about the Rubbermaid container, too. A new car? If anyone could do it...

11:55 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Worm farm???

Oh man, I miss wearing snow pants. I haven't needed them since living in NJ.

12:04 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Cars - yuck! That is awful :(

COnfused about the box........potato storage?????

1:36 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Are you packing away the summer clothes? Making a mold of one of your body parts? Packing away extra body parts?

4:58 PM  
Blogger Larjmarj said...

NikBudnik said...

Dude, you let your husband nap?
Wake his ass UP!!!

That's what I'm talkin' about!!!
yeeesh to be a MAN.

Nice the way car companies sabotage their own products with a "shelf life" A-holes.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Cars blow. The manufacturers know they have you over a barrel, so they fix it so the car breaks down right after the warranty period. Scammers.

What? he gets to nap with kitty adn you don't? That blows too....

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home