Saturday, November 17, 2007

Autumn Walk

Tonight we're supposed to get a wee bit o'snow.

What better way to usher in winter than with an Autumn Walk scarf?

100_4920

The stats:

Pattern: Autumn Walk by Elizabeth

Needles: US8

Yarn: My beloved cheap Russian yarn that is simply called "Angora" (50% Merino/50% Angora Goat) in the color "Andromeda."

Notes: This is a Christmas scarf for Miss Vera--the "principal" at Chunky's private kindergarden. You'll remember I made Elizabeth's Mead Scarf out of some Russian alpaca for Chunky's teacher Miss Maya (also for Christmas) a few months ago. I figure I'd keep with the Russian yarn/Elizabeth pattern theme and decided on Autumn Walk for Miss Vera.

It's a simple pattern--only a two row repeat. However I managed to somehow eff it up at the very beginning of the scarf and the very end. I tried frogging back at the end-screw up, but holy cow that only made it worse. I figure what the hell--it's symmetrical now.

I'll leave you with a modeled shot.

I didn't knit it as long as Elizabeth's model, but only because scarves bore me after so long, I've got more Christmas knitting I need to do, and I'm a short-decorative-scarf chick myself.

100_4923

I cut my head off because my glasses, although always crooked on my face, were particularly crooked in this shot.

Oh! And I did the dishes this morning with the Washamadoodle--it worked like a dream!!

Although I have to say, Janna's idea to just sew a cap or two to the edge of a normally knit washcloth would have worked just as well too. Ha ha! That's the way my brain works--always picking the harder way to solve the problem!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger weezalana said...

Lovely!

Those Ruskies - not much for adjectives, are they. ;)

7:22 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Lovely scarf, if I do say so myself.

Somehow, when one is raising sons, one's eyeglasses never stay in alignment for long. I don't know why that is...

7:38 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

That scarf looks lovely! Perfect gift! Go holiday knitting!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Autumn Walk is so pretty! That's my favorite shade of blue. :)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love the scarf! Great giftie there!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Fab scarf! and it's not picking the most difficult way to do something....it's picking the most elegant way.

11:20 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Lucky teacher!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

ok, you are making me realize that a nice hand knit scarf for the boys kindergarten teacher might be nice. And his teacher raises alpaca...

8:36 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Beautiful scarf!

Snow! Lucky.

9:28 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Very pretty! She'll love it!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

I like the color. I don't knit enough blue stuff.

I fall asleep with my glasses on every single night, so you know I look cockeyed constantly. ;-)

4:22 PM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

The scarf came out great! I love the color too.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home