Thursday, November 01, 2007

Dia De Los Muertos

We're nursing a post-Halloween sugar high here.

Here's the vamp in all his glory.

100_4823

And check out his haul!

100_4826

That's just a 1/2 block of trick or treating. And you KNOW it's going to be a good night when the first thing you get is a king sized bag of M&Ms!

And in honor of Dia De Los Muertos, I'm doing the meme from Old Lady Pen Pal's blog.

1. Do you believe in ghosts?

I do. I kind of think they might be energy remnants of dead peeps. Those more malicious ghosts were from people who had loads of negative energy when they were alive. I think someday they could prove this. But the whole "who would that really benefit" makes it hard to get funding to do so.

2. Have you ever seen a ghost?

No, sadly enough.

3. Have you ever experienced something that is best described by the word “paranormal”?

Not really. The closest I've come to it is I saw a picture a friend of mine took of her son in the back of his dad's ambulance (it was firehouse open house day or something...) and in the picture in the background was a little boy. She swears that only her son was in the ambulance when she took that picture.

Don't know if I believe her 100%, but it is kinda spooky if it's some dead kid being mischevious.

4. Do you watch any ghost or haunting themed shows?

Only when Dr. Mad Scientist isn't home. See #5.

5. If so, do you sometimes sleep with the lights on or wake up your partner because the show scared you a whole lot and you can’t sleep and don’t want to be awake alone?

Reverse this. It's Dr. Mad Scientist that gets scared by ghosts stories and shows. After we watched The Sixth Sense he snuggled all night with me. I know that if in the middle of the night he spontaneously starts snuggling with me, it means he had a ghost dream. As embarrassing as he thinks this is, I think it's kinda sweet!!!

6. Have you ever been to a supposedly haunted place? If so, did you experience anything spooky?

Nope. Not that I know of. We do enjoy graveyard walks though. Bloomfield has by far the coolest one we've been to. Lots of old graves with really old dead people. The kiddie graves always give me the willies though.

7. How much do you love Halloween?

I love it a lot. It's a fun holiday that doesn't come with commerical trappings like Christmas, nor do you have to fight about whose house it's going to take place at like Thanksgiving.

It's good fun without all the normal hangups!

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

Chunky looks great as a vampire. I could use some of that sugar right now - except looking at the jujubes is making my teeth/fillings hurt. Ouch.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Spooky Chunky! He looks like he enjoyed being a vampire :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger AR said...

Great vampire! And great haul, too.

I love ghost stories! I wait all year for Halloween, so the tv channels play all the good ones. :)

9:10 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Great Vampire costume and a great haul for only a 1/2 block of trick or treating!

I've always wanted to stay the night at a haunted hotel or go on one of those ghost tours.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm not a ghostly believer, myself. I'm a "one pass through, you die, and you're done" kind of gal.

When I was growing up there was a large old 18th c center-chimney Colonial house out in the sticks that was reputed to be haunted. Google "Ocean Born Mary" for that story. Eventually the house was bought by a family with kids the age of my younger sister. Sometimes I babysat for that family. One night, the four year old boy woke up from a nightmare, screaming, at midnight. I barely knew my way around the house at that point and had to find my way up to his room, through the room the kids all claimed was most haunted: The Loom Room. (Misnamed because it had an antique spinning wheel, not a loom in it.) I was relieved to find just a scared child.

Happy Halloween. And Happy All Saints Day.

9:40 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

If that cute little vampire-kid came to my door, I'd have to dump my entire bowl of candy in his bag!!

9:46 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Cutest vampire ever! And niiiice, full bag of M&Ms - I'm much too cheap for that.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

cute lil vamp!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute vampire! Looks like you all had a good halloween. As for ghost and believing in them I do believe in an after life. I believe that my grandfather lives through me. I think that is where I get all my cheapass ideas. He was very good at managing money. As for seeing a ghost I have never, but my Father called me one Sat. from my Mom's cell phone, (he had been dead and burried for like 5 months). Plus my friend Beetle asked me to come to her funeral. I don't think that these beings are out to scare, I think that they are there to keep in touch. Love, Mom

12:21 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Chunky looks fabulous as a vampire!! So cute, I mean scary!! King size M&M...love it!! Remember when that was the stuff that would get us all excited about trick or treating?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

OOOOH! Scary vampire!!! I like old-school costumes better than 'celebrity' ones. Nice haul... check out the full sized twix bar!

1:28 PM  
Anonymous bufanditas said...

Damn! They sure do know how to treat tricker treaters in NJ. Look at all that chocolate.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

My oldest little girl was a vampire. Great minds ... and all that :).

We "haunt" the subdivision across the road from where we live where all of the wannabe McMansions are. A quarter of the houses give out full-sized candy bars and snack-sized bags of chips. One house had a "your choice of treat" buffet kind of deal going on. Each child had a choice of a full-sized candy bar, a toy, or a Beanie Baby (authentic, Ty, still with tags). All three of my girls chose the Beanie Baby ;).

*Raising hand* Believer, although I've never seen a ghost myself. Hubby says he has. I also believe in faeries. I know. I'm a flake :).

7:11 AM  
Blogger Starfish said...

Great haul, but who's the loser who gave out pretzels?

Very scary vampire!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Pinkwool said...

Ah yes, TrT'ing. Toddling went out the first time this year to TrT and now he is asking for candy 50 zillion times a day. Toddling's stash makes Chunky's look like a huge haul. lol

I loves me some vamps and Chunky is the cutest one I've seen yet. :)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Nice costume, and great haul!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Magatha said...

You did well young candy grabbing vampire. I am proud of you. :->

I'm too slow to get scared. I go straight to laughter.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

Here's hoping your post-sugar high lasts all year!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home