Friday, November 30, 2007

There's Still Time!

To enter your name into this month's K.A.Y.E. drawing!

Deadline is today! Can you believe November's already over? Yikes.

Anyway, the lucky November winner will be receiving this in the mail:

100_4833

A skein of Classic Elite Alpaca Sox in "Dried Herbs" (gotta go with a Thanksgiving theme here...)

Read the rules--it doesn't matter what month your kooter was rooted, as long as it's been done this year. My rootin' is scheduled for the 18th. Should be fun. I tried to pick a gyno with the largest sounding hands on the list of providers Mt. Sinai gave us.

December is the last month of the Kootchie Awareness Yarn Extravaganza.

It's also a double-whammy month.

In addition to the normal winner, I will draw a second "grand prize" winner's name.

I have sizable stash of yarn generously donated by yarn enthusiasts all over the world.

I've thought about breaking it up and having a few winners, but I'm kind of lukewarm on that idea. I like big splashy endings.

I'd also like to throw something into the grand prize myself--but I'm coming up empty. Any ideas?

(And no, not everyone in this contest is a religious Bezziephyte. No autographed picture suggestions!)

Finally, I want to thank everyone who has entered and/or who has spread the word either on their blog, via a messageboard, in person, or however they did it to their other fiber friends. I've got 143 entrants thusfar and some of the stories I hear make this contest soooo worth the time and effort!!!!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

How cool! I'm out od ideas (Friday ya know). Maybe one of your cool yarn necklaces?

7:01 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

That is some nice Kaye bling!

I think one of your car mirror things would be a cool to add in.

7:28 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Wouldn't you want a gyno with the *smallest* sounding hands?

I finally got an appointment for the end of December, so I'll just make it in for this year!

How 'bout you contribute a Bezzie ball? Let the winner choose either the mirror or fob and pick the colors!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Andey Layne said...

What about one of your yarn cutters? I'm in love with mine. (I haven't stabbed myself with scissors while reaching into my purse since it arrived.)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Quite a while ago, you made a lunch bag out of old store signage. If you can get the makings, you could make another one. Or a yarn basket to store wips in or something.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

I wouldn't mind a Bezzie keychain tucked in with my Major Award. And an autographed picture. I insist on an autographed picture.

Good luck with Dr. Sausagefingers...

8:19 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I think a yarn cutter is a great idea!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, car mirror ball, keychain fob, or yarn cutter, I am out of ideas. An autograph pic would be nice even I don't have that, one dating back 29 years. You could just send me the pic when I win and I would let you keep the yarn as a Christmas/Birthday/Mother'sDay present. Love, Mom

10:33 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Your mom's offer is a sly one :).

I actually just made an appointment for the 14th...With all the unexpected stresses, a nice long chat with my Dr. is going to help me a great deal. And she knits :).

11:14 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I actually made an appointment, but I got sucked into deadline stuff at work and got confused about the date. I'm making one ASAP, though... and not just because of the yarn.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm all about spreading the word. Can't wait to see what's in the goody bag ;-)

We're trying to come up with a name for our Women's Services fundraiser, do you think they would pooh pooh it if I stole your name? Heeheehee... can you imagine!? It would be worth mentioning just to see their faces.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home