Sunday, November 25, 2007

Yay! I finished Grandpa Mad Scientist's scarf!

100_4965
Very Pottery Barnish no?

Lest you think it's black and white yarn and not silver and black yarn I compared it to a true black and white creature.

100_4966
"Mmm...I loves me some scarf fumes!"

The stats:

Pattern: Reversible Rib Scarf from Hip Knits (It was my first knitting book I ever purchased, cut me some slack!)

Yarn: Vanna's Choice in Linen and Black

Needles: US 10.5

Notes: Dude, it's a scarf--not much more to say. But a quick scarf thank god. The only modification was that I didn't knit it 80" like the pattern says to. To me a man in a scarf that is that long is just looking to be killed when he goes to exit the passenger side of a car, slams the obnoxiously long scarf into the door by accident and the driver takes off--with him in tow.

I also made progress on some top secret Christmas knitting.

Luckily my trusty lap whore was kind enough to keep it under wraps for me.

100_4968
"Get outta my sunbeam woman!"

Thank goodness the recipient of this item is not adverse to cat hair and is a friend to those of the pussy persuasion.

Finally, I leave you with a question: How would you decorate the fugly tree?

100_4972

P.S. See that radiator the fugly tree is on? It still hasn't been turned on! We've had snow and everything! Hee!

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

With fuggle balls!

And here's something you don't hear very often: the Raiders WON! It must be the magic of the Bezzie!

Your lap whore kitty looks like she means business!!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Looks like CPurl has the answer ~snort~ The scarf is nice, should score some big points ;) I have Hip Knits too, one of my first-anything that said big or easy was for me then!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

When did you have snow?!?

I love the pic of your cat hissing!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Macaroni and spray paint? It can't get any fuglier. Just sayin'....

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, with dangly mini-balls of yarn, cell-phone charm sized, of course!

Perhaps a Gods-eye star for the topper. Mmmhmmm.

~etcgirl

9:37 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

If I ever form a band, I'm calling it Pussy Persuasion.

Fun fur tree calls for fun fur ornaments! ;)

9:50 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's an itty-bitty fugly tree, unless the radiator is HUGE.

Are you getting heat from your downstairs neighbor? Cause I've been running my furnace for a while now. I do like heat.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Gosh, I hope you're warm enough.

Nice manly scarf!


I suggest taking the fugly tree out in the backyard and shooting it. ;)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Stitch markers, of course!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Andey Layne said...

Sounds like time for an art project. Teeny balls of playdough formed into teenier ornaments. (I know you have some dough lying around somewhere.)

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice man scarf! Springs, keep that secret and she will get out of your sunbeam. As for the fugly tree beads! String them on fishing line and make a few dangle. Love, Mom

11:54 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Do you have any little hair bows you can put on the fugly tree? Probably not, since Chunkito is a boy. Oh well. So much for that idea. I know, how about some twist ties? Cheapass and fugly too!

6:59 PM  
Blogger bradyphrenia said...

ooh i love the fug tree! i have a soft spot in my heart for charlie brown-esque xmas trees.

nice scarf, and a quick knit to boot. gotta love those.

i love pumpkin everything. sadly i discovered that my local grocery store makes delicious 2 person serving desserts, so i've just been buying instead of baking. probably for the best.

11:44 AM  
Blogger toni said...

Your tree looks exactly like a scarf that I crocheted!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

It's a touch easier to keep that heat off when the people who live downstairs have their heat on. It's some principle of physics or sumpthin.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home