Monday, December 17, 2007

Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies

Are there any sweeter four words?

Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 teas. baking soda
1/4 teas. baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 egg
1 1/2 teas. vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chocolate chips
4 teas. reserved cherry juice
10 oz. jar of marischino cherries

Cream together the butter, sugar, egg and cocoa. Add the baking powder, soda, and vanilla. Mix it. Then add the flour.

Roll them into little balls.

100_5078

Drain the cherries--but remember to set aside some of the juice.

100_5079

Top the unbaked cookies with cherries.

100_5082

Now prep the topping. Melt the 1 cup of chocolate chips with the 1/2 cup of condensed milk along with four teaspoons of the cherry juice.

This:

100_5086

Turns into this:

100_5088

Put it into this:

100_5093

And pipe it over the cherry.

Bake them for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees and they'll look like this.

100_5097

I love these--and they're my special "Christmas only" cookies.

I also finished up the felted Christmas trees yesterday.

100_5074

Nice to have those finally done.

Now I can concentrate on the baby towel. My thinking was along a majority of everyone elses'. Even though this coworker is NOT a very devout Muslim, I'll skip the pig and do a bunny.

However, if she names the little girl Anya, I could be right back where I started.

Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

I just made those cookies on Saturday, they're my favorite christmas cookie by far.

Love the little trees!

7:15 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Those look fantastic!!! I think I'll really have to try that recipe.
I love the felted ornaments too. They all look great on the tree!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I've made those cookies before, they are fantastic!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Those look delicious!

The trees are cute, I wish I worked with you.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh my - you have made cookies of my Dad's all-time favorite kind of chocolate candy...

8:08 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Yummy cookies, cute trees - what's next?

8:19 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

yum, yum. Too bad no one in my house eats the cherries. Crazy man and his "I won't eat cooked fruit" rules.

The ornaments are tres cute.

9:09 AM  
Blogger janna said...

I may have to make these -- my entire family loves though cheap boxes of chocolate covered cherries. I think my dad could have lived off of them! This sounds like a much higher class version! (Although you seem to have left the cherries out of the actual recipe....????)

10:11 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Wow! Those look yummy!

Although my favorite are those tree ornaments.

10:26 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Very cool how you can't tell there's a cherry under there. It's like they're secret cookie agents! (Sorry, I just watched Bourne Ultimatum this weekend so now I'm all spy-ie.)

Great job on the trees, too!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Is it Christmas? Hah!

Nice felted ornament tree!

I am ignoring your chocolate cherry balls.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! those cookies look good. Hummmmm I wonder how they would taste made with splenda and how many could I have???? We'll see I have Weds and Thurs to bake. Oh! Yeah I just got a call from your MYS and she is moving to Ohio! Love, Mom

11:40 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

They sound like the best chocolate cookies. Now I have to go and buy some cherries and canned milk to try them. They are some of my favorite words.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Oh yum. I might have to try these--I'm a fiend for chocolate covered cherries.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Hey, Bezzie, what's that last ingredient? It just says 10 oz.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous shell said...

I'm guessing the flour goes in with the dry ingredients?

Can I be the only one not getting the Anya reference?

4:05 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Or a kitty! The towel could be a kitty. I'm partial to kitties. As for the mouse thing...ewwwww! maybe you coul dput your dishes etc in tupperware tubs for mow? So you wouldn't have to wash em all the time? What a PITA!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

You're so funny ;) I do loves your cookie recipies! Thank you:)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

those trees are awesome!! and the cookies are awesome!! you are awesome!!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Oh my!! those are making me drool right now!! Must copy that one down!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Damnit those cookies look great!

I don't need anymore calories/fat in my life :)

Kay

7:44 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ha! I got the joke! =) Anya cracks me up.

7:55 PM  
Blogger uberstrickenfrau said...

OOOh those little trees are just sooo adorable!!! and the cookies look very tempting!

9:33 AM  
Blogger JRS said...

I baked these over the weekend for our extended-family gathering and they were a huge hit (though mine aren't pretty at all like yours). Thanks for the recipe!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home