Monday, December 31, 2007

The Loot

And here you thought the season for receiving was over!

Here's the pretty you could win if your name is drawn tomorrow for the regular December K.A.Y.E. drawing.

100_5066

Mmm...Cascade handspun. In some color I can't remember, but it's purty!

If your name isn't drawn in December for the regular drawing don't dispair!

You could win the grand mini-stash pictured here:









Crap.

I laid out all the kindly donated yarn in order to do a photo shoot and I went to go grab the camera.

Only to find it gone.

Freaking Dr. Mad Scientist is his moronic glory took it to work so he could try to take a picture of the New Years Revelers in Times Square.

The man can't remember to grab his cup of coffee in the morning, but leave it to him to remember to steal the camera! D'oh!

Did he learn NOTHING from going to the Times Square Toys R'Us on Black Friday?

I've got bets he isn't even able to surface at Times Square on his way home from work tonight.

So you'll have to settle for a list of the various yarns donated for the grand prize. The colors are all nice--nothing barfy at all.

1 skein Manos Del Uruguay Cotton Stria
1 skein BMFA Socks that Rock Mediumweight 100% superwash wool
1 skein Malabrigo Kettle Dyed Pure Merino Wool
3 skeins Crystal Palace Yarns Cotton Chenille (dif. colors)
2 skeins Colinette Jitterbug (same colors)
2 skeins Knit Picks Shine (same colors)
3 skeins Knit Picks Shine Worsted (2 are same color; 1 diff. color)
1 skein Knit Pics Wool of the Andes Peruvian Wool Mist
1 skein Cestari 75% cotton/25% wool
1 skein Heelside Farms 100% wool
2 skeins Sensations Dolcetto (same colors)
1 skein Cascade 220 100% wool
2 balls Regia Jacquard sock yarn (same colors)
3 balls Woole Rodel Sport & Sturmpfwool Extrastark (same colors)
4 skeins Colinette Enigma Cotton & Rayon (same colors)
2 skeins Cherry Tree Hill Silk & Merino DK (different colors)
1 skein Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud Laceweight
1 ball Cascade Fixation (make yourself a string bikini)
1 skein Farmhouse Yarns Single Ply Worsted Wool
1 skein Perchance to Knit 100% handspun superwash merino (sockweight)

WHEW!

I'll also of course throw in a little somethin' somethin' from me too to the grand prize winner.

I want to thank (and pardon me for not linking--I've got to run and pick up the aforementioned moron and my camera from the trainstation in a few mins--but I wanted to get this post up before January 1!):

Kay
Zknitter
Rosie G.
Linnea
Turtlegirl
Sarah (momsknitting)
Weeze
Ladylungdoc
Cindy
Irishgirlie
Knitmongrel

And I'm pretty sure I'm missing at least one person. I had been keeping good track of who sent what but by about August, I lost track! My apologies!

Now, here's the question: Do I continue this for next year? Or does that take the "magic" out of it. I do love a kosher excuse to hit the yarn store...even if it's not to buy yarn for me! Ha ha!

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Thursday said...

I have loved participated in KAYE. It made the actual trip to the GYNO that much better and I actually spent the whole time looking forward to sending you an email being added. I love seeing the yarn for the month and even though I have yet to win anything, its still so exciting to read about it.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Oh my...I think I would faint if I won that list of goodies...hell I'd faint if I won the regular prize LOL

I think it is awesome you have done it for the year. It would be cool if you could do it again but I would definatly hang out with you for another year either way!!!

Happy New Year Bezzie!!!

7:17 PM  
Blogger QueenMeadow said...

I would love it if you could continue it next year, this was a definite butt kick to finally get me back in the pap chair ;). Even if you change it to quarterly prizes or something :).

9:08 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Um, how could you not continue K.A.Y.E.? Everyone loves gettin' a cooter rootin' for a chance to win yarn.

-T.

10:47 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

What a great way to celebrate the new year!!

Happy New Year!!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Brena said...

I vote to continue on! I'll look forward to my March rootin'. Also, KAYE gives me a weird sense of comraderie.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

OMG, that's totally swoon-worthy! My smelling salts, James, quickly!

*fans herself, clearly has a case of the vapors*

I've just never had the vapors before, and this is the new year, so I figures...

Anyhow, Happy New Year!

7:41 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

I love the KAYE idea. I think you should keep it going! (Great list of prizes BTW!) Happy New Year!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I believe that should be up to you. I would definitely participate again! It's a good thing ya know! You did have me going, I thought my PC was starting to get selective on what photos I could view! You're such a tease;) Happy New Year!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

I vote keep it going, but that's mostly because I was lame and never remembered to send you something for the prize basket, so if you do it again, I can remedy that. :D

Happy New Year, honey!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Dang, girl, that's a haul! I hope you have the cash for the shipping when it's time to hit the post office! Happy that donation is going for such a cool prize.

That regular prize is something beautiful. All up to you doing this one again, I just think it's great you get everyone on the phone to make their appointments and get in and get it all checked out. Since I'm a cheerleader for Women's Services, I heartily approve. I mean what's the big deal spreading 'em when there's a chance to win yarn! (what we won't do...)

Happy New Year!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow. Just that final list of KAYE yarn makes the cooter rootin' worth it! (yeah, yeah, and the health part too)

I definitely think that if it is rewarding for you, you should keep on doing it. The magic is in the fact that someone cares enough about the kootchie health of women she's never known to buy gorgeous yarn and give it away.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Happy New Year!

I think another year would be a great inspiration. But prizes or not, you've certainly helped quite a few woman out there, myself not excluded - and that alone is enough, in my mind, to continue. Whatever you choose to do, you will certainly have my support. Thank you.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

That color is beautiful! And holy cow what a stash to win!!!

I think its great if you continue. You win on originality...no else gives prizes for cooter rootin! :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Duuuude, lookit that grand prize stash enhancement! Now that would be one great way to start the year!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K.A.Y.E. and beyond!!!! I vote to keep on!! I didn't win anything and so your Christmas present was not yarn, but if you do this another year....Who knows what your Christmas present will be next year!!! Love, Mom

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Continue, please! This was so much fun :)

6:34 PM  
Blogger merry said...

Happy New Year!
I WON? I WON!!!!
I AM STUNNED.
I was screaming to my family that I won yarn for going to my GYNO for a cooter rootin!
A house full of guys just doesn't get it....

I usually never win anything. I did win some pretty stitch markers from Trillian! ;)

I have to thank the Bezz for the coolest contest idea ever. Kaye you are so creative and this contest really provided a lot of incentive for women get their kootchie's checked out. (I know I was happy to spread 'em for free yarn!)

I also want to thank everyone (THANK YOU!!!) that donated yarn. I think you should continue KAYE.

I WANT to pay for the shipping + insurance to mail the package.

THANK YOU so much and I am still stunned. REALLY STUNNED!

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Alpaquita said...

THANK YOU BEZZIE! I got the yarn today (Cascade)! thank you again!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home