Saturday, December 15, 2007

Official Catch Up

Ok, hold on kids, it's time for a whirlwind blog-catch up.

After I hit the post office this afternoon I'm pretty much DONE with my Christmas crap except for a few little things like stocking stuffers.

First up: December's regular monthly K.A.Y.E. Prize--

100_5066

It's two skeins of Cascade Hand Dyed Peruvian Wool. I'm not sure this is a "new" and cool yarn, but man, that color made the skeins jump into my arms!

Remember, you've got until December 31 to enter! Click the link above or in the sidebar for the rules if you have no freaking clue what I'm talking about. Also in addition to pulling a regular monthly winner I will be pulling a winner for the YEAR. This means you win a virtual mini-stash of yarn from knitters all over the world. Very cool!

Second up: A couple of Christmas FOs.

Sadly many of my knit and crafty Christmas present recipients read this blog, so I can't show you much.

But I can show you the potholders I made for Grandma Mad Scientist. I tried doing felted ones, but um yeah, they sucked. So I made her a pair out of kitchen cotton.

100_5057

The pattern is Chinese waves. And yeah, these kind of suck too. As you can see, I ran out of yarn on the second holder. Dr. Mad Scientist says that his mom won't care. Let's hope so!

This weekend I'll also be finishing up the beading on these:

100_5069

Kinda blurry, but it's the felted Christmas tree ornaments for my bosses and coworkers.

I hand felted these mo-fos after the laundromat seemed to run out of hot water. Holy crap, I had big old stigmata-like blisters on each of my palms. OW!

Third up: My WIP. That's right WIP--no plural, just singular.

100_5067

It's my Colorado State Jay Walker sock. Knit out of team colors dyed by Pink Wool.

It's been an interesting year for our dear Colorado State Rams. They won an abysmal 2 games this year. They fired their coach that rescued them from the depths of loserdom back in the 80s and that they named the football field after.

He was a great coach, but he was getting kind of old. And he was I think a little too loyal for his own good. He refused to fire any of his coaching staff that weren't getting the job done.

Ah well, on to better things. They've hired an old alumni who is finishing up the season with the Buffalo Bills as an assistant coach. We have high hopes for next season and the seasons after.

I guess this is my "Farewell Sonny" sock and the other one will be my "Hello Steve" sock as nods to both coaches.

So there you have my catch up--I'll leave you with some Christmas pictures from around our house.

Me and Chunky decorating the tree (a Noble Fir--what a great tree!Mnimal needle loss, soft needles and smells great!) and Squeaky enjoying her new Christmas hideout in the old Cheapass Christmass Tree from last year. It's now set up in our dining room.

100_5028

100_5035

100_5041

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Love the tree! (The real one and the felted one!) Good luck with the rest of the holiday knitting!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

I love all the little gifties and the tree is really sweet.
I'll bet Chunkito is excited it's almost Christmas.

(I'm still trying to remember what Christmas is like for a kid. I can barely get a grasp on it. ;-)

9:26 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Aww Squeeky in the tree!

I love Noble Firs. That was my tree of choice before I went artificial.

I had to do some handfelting last night too. No stigmata tho.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

The yarn isn't Blue! what's up? Are you feverish? Although it IS a lovely colour, so i can forgive you...

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I love that color for the Dec drawing. See if I win I can give it to you for Christmas and you can knit me something from it for next Christmas. It's a plan!!! Nice real tree, but how high are your ceilings? You must have some really high ones, you on the chair/ladder don't even come close to it. Love, Mom

1:30 PM  
Blogger Kaye said...

No mom, I'm just short. Thanks for noticing.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

beautiful yarn!
I like the tree, too, it's so fun to decorate :)

6:51 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love the way the sock colors are striping. You couldn't plan that better if you tried.

6:56 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Geez, Mom really wants to win that yarn! She just wants to get some knitted goods out of you.

Nice trees. Very festive. Squeaky's weird. Very weird.

-T.

10:12 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh nice tree! Very plump. I rather like the Cheap-ass one though. Nice and clean. Plus, Calvin seems to be allergic to pine. Or he has a cold. I dunno.

6:47 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

What a great tree! You deserve a nice big aromatic one. We went Charlie Brown runt this year, but it makes the house smell fab! Oh, no, wait. That's the Yankee Candle...

11:52 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Reporting my rooting. Oh what fun!

I killed the rosemary tree/bush I bought for the "season." We knew it would die, I'd just hoped it would last at least thru the end of the month, sigh...

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home