Saturday, December 29, 2007

Out With the Old, In With the New

Oh so many new toys have come after Christmas!

Our cell phones had been slowly dying and we decided to finally break down and get Jersey ones. Now Dr. Mad Scientist and I have truly assimilated.

Farewell 517 area code cell numbers! I really liked my Michigan cell number since the last four numbers were 6230. My birthday! (and a zero!).
But then yesterday, less than a week after the death of its predecessor, my new baby came via a UPS miracle.

UPS tried delivering it at 2:00 p.m. but left a note that since we weren't home they'd have to deliver it on Wednesday. Ugh I was so not looking forward to taking down the tree without my new baby around. But then Dr. Mad Scientist called me at 5:30 p.m.--on my new cell phone!--to tell me that 5 minutes after he came home, UPS knocked on the door with my baby. They tried redelivering it the SAME day!

Behold! My new Hoover Tempo Widepath!

100_5179
Springs is getting to know his new enemy.

I've decided to name it Larry since I automatically think it's a Widestance, not a Widepath vacuum.

To the right you can see my old vacuum--my Hoover Elite. Ah, she served me well for eight years.

Oh but this new vacuum is a sucky dream! It's 12 amps of pure raw sucking power under my hands--Elite only had 7.2 amps. Larry's not self propelled, but he's so powerful that he nearly jumps out of my hands when I vacuum.
Why all this boring drivel about vacuums?

I'll fess up, there hasn't been much knitting going on here. I'm working on a super top-secret project involving the Etsy store that I'm not a liberty to discuss.

I'm hoping to finish it up this week and get back to the knitting. So stay tuned, it won't be all boring vacuum posts for long!

Finally before I go, in addition to being with my vacuum for eight years, today marks the eighth year of marriage to my Dr. Mad Scientist.

100_5181

Aw, we were such cute little silly kids weren't we?

If I could go back in time, the only advice I would have given that 21 year old Bezzie would be to warn her about the farting.

Dr. Mad Scientist never farted in front of me until AFTER the ink on the Marriage Certificate was dried.

Smart man!!!

Labels: ,

30 Comments:

Blogger Stacie said...

that is hilarious! how did he manage not to fart?? cute photo, and your hair is awesome!!! nice new vac too... I don't even need a vac (wood floors) but that Dyson guy is hot! I love that you were sportin the MI phone number in TX... never quite fit in there, huh? Happy Holidays to you Ms Bezzie!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Happy Anniversary Bezes!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Happy Anniversary!

10:32 AM  
Blogger handknitter said...

Happy Anniversary to you!
Happy Anniversary to you!
Happy AnniVERsary dear Bezzie and Dr. Mad Scientist,
Happy Anniversary to you!

and many more!!!!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Happy Anniversary, hon!

And congrats on inviting Larry into your life. I LOVE the reasoning behind his name.

And I believe I once told Kris that if I ever bought a self-propelled vacuum, he was allowed to slap me. Lawn mower, ok, but vacuum? That's just odd.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Happy A-Day!

You are so cute in your picture! I no longer have mine, I think my xMIL kept them so I wouldn't burn them, but I remember a very similar picture, with a very similar dress at my wedding.

To add more to the synchronicity factor, I was just musing last night that I've had my HI area code through three states and about 5 years...

11:04 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Oh man, the farting! It only gets worse as they age. Congrats and Happy Anniversary. Many, many, happy returns of the day to you and Dr. Mad Scientist.

11:32 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Great to hear about the vacuum. I need a new one too and I think I may try this one! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for the shop.
Happy Anniversary!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I wonder how many would be married if we knew of the smell, the mess and the noise that came along with them! Don't even get me started on kids! Happy Anniversary! I can not wait for the big reveal;)

11:48 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! (DH still hasn't...he's a bit of a freak when it comes to bodily functions...)

RE: NJ cell phone #s...I hope I won't have to change mine....I want to hold on to NY as much as possible!

11:58 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Happy Anni-ver-sa-ry!Happy Anni-ver-sa-ry!Happy Anni-ver-sa-ry!HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAppy Anniversary!


And congrats on Larry joining the Random Meandering home! He may not be self propelled but why deprive yourself of an upper arm workout?

12:32 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Happy Anni-ver-sa-ry!Happy Anni-ver-sa-ry!Happy Anni-ver-sa-ry!HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAppy Anniversary!


And congrats on Larry joining the Random Meandering home! He may not be self propelled but why deprive yourself of an upper arm workout?

12:32 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Happy Anniversary!

Merlin chases our vacuum cleaner. Is your kitty scared of it, or is it an enemy who needs to be attacked and banished from the kitty domain?

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Happy Anniversary!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Red Dog Knits - Kristi and Otis said...

Happy Anniversary - 517 will miss you!

1:54 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love love love the marriage advice!!!

2:27 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Happy Anniversary!

5:55 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Happy Anniversary! Who's that naked person behind you in the pic?

I'm familiar with the bait-and-switch, undercover, wait-til-she's-my-wife ass tootin. Sucks that, don't it.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Happy Anniversary!

DH farted in front of me from the start. He's not ashamed, but boy is it bad!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Hehe..I likey Larry!!

As for the farting..sigh...I so know your..well you know how it is?

8:24 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Congratulations on surviving ... I mean, something else beside surviving ... achieving (?) ... obtaining(?) ... year eight!

Deus Ex Machina DID fart ... and burp (the infamous Dr. Pepper and beef Jerky burp that will live in infamy), and I married him anyway ... go figure ;). I guess it was fate ;).

Can't wait to see what you're cooking up on Etsy :).

10:09 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Happy Anniversary!

10:16 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Happy Anniversary! I thought about you two today and remembered your wedding (it's like the only wedding I've been to--unless you count the one of Daddy's friend we went to as kids).

-T.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Lots of farts were exchanged between me and Mr SABLE long before the wedding vows.

Happy anniversary! What a cute couple.

I hope your new relationship with Larry will be long and rewarding.

11:25 PM  
Blogger peri said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Cute hoover ;-D

4:44 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I like Larry, and am glad to see he's being welcomes into the family so warmly.

Happy Anniversary! What a cute picture :)

8:06 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Congratulations! I didn't know about the farting until it was too late to turn back as well!

9:36 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

But when did you start farting in front of HIM? Hmmm?

Happy Anniversary!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Disco said...

Why is it we never dust our hoovers?! Congrats on your new one, your phone and your anniversary. What a special day :-)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Love the out with the old and in with the new vac shot!!

Hope you guys had a great anniversary!!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home