Sunday, December 30, 2007

Year End Reflections

Last year I did a week long wrap up of knitted objects I did during the year.

I don't have much time to do that this year, so you'll have to settle for a mosaic of 35 of my FOs.

2007 FO Mosaic

This was definitely the year of the sweater and baby crap. Five sweaters (if you include Chunky's Freebase Sweater and the Anthropologiethingama Shrug), and eight baby do-dads ranging from sweaters to squid pacifier holders.

2008 is shaping up to be no different as one of the two WIPs I have on the needles right now is the baby towel.

I also went through my picture library and made you a quick mosaic of everything non-knitting that we went through this year.

2007 Round Up

January--Hell (Texas) Froze Over
February--We got the HELL out of Texas and moved to New Jersey!
March--I started the Great Urban Potato Experiment
April--I thought about working at the Boobie Bar across the street.
May--Grandma Mad Scientist and Prima Cousinrina visited us.
June--I threw myself into One Local Summer.
July--My Pot Garden started to bloom
August--We visited the Jersey Shore for the first time.
September--Chunky started kindergarten!
October--My sister T. came for a quick visit.
November--Our Chunky turned 6!
December--The Bez family, in December, visited New York (wink, wink, nudge, nudge!).

Resolutions for the new year?

Meh, I prefer to save my resolutions for Chinese New Year. February is about where I start feeling motivated to do anything anyway.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

I am not so good on the resolutions. It's hard to keep them and then I feel depressed that I broke them, again. Maybe we should make resolutions that are things we want to do, like spend more time laughing, knitting and just playing with our families. Those resolutions are ones I can live with.

11:50 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

May I be the first to wish you a wonderful New Year! Or, as they say around here in February, Gung Hay Fat Choy!

11:51 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

It sure looks like it has been a great year! Love the mosaic reflections!

Happy New Year!!!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Knitting Year!!! May all your yarn be tangle free!!! Love, Mom

2:10 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Fun mosaics! Although, I see some tit bits there in the first one, and a titty bar in the second. So I think this may have been more the Year of the Titty.

Happy New Year!

3:02 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

cpurl called you fat! That's so rude! =P

Great mosaics. I'm pondering my resolutions right now. 2008 will be a year of change for me. Hopefully.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I think resolutions are silly. why wait till the new year to do something that needs to be done? Although, as I type this, I am going to start eating healthy int he new year. That's just becasue December holiday parties etc blew my healthy eating completley out of the water. So it's more of a resumption than resolution. Hmmm, perhaps a blog post for later....

3:59 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Nice wrap up! I like the mosaics. You wanna know what I can't wait for? I can't wait to see who wins the K.A.Y.E. jackpot--I wanna see what's IN the jackpot!

Happy New Year!

-T.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

The tree does look smaller in your pic. That's odd. Maybe it grew in the last few weeks? I think its just because I pushed my way to the front to stand under it.

Oh, and as for getting the pic by the ornaments, I sorta threw on my best Bklyn accent. Sorta like this "hey you, yeah YOU, cantcha see I'm trying ta take a pictcha of my kid heah? Move!" Apparently, that scares the tourists!

I feel you on the baby stuff...I've got a baby blanket on the hook right now too.

Looks like you had an adventurous year...may 2008 be a happy, healthy, and crafty one!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

You had a great year! And personally, I was thrilled for you when you started your move to NJ, having been banished to Hell by Uncle Sam for too long, and (finally) escaping to the great northeast.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

What a year! Hope next year's a good one for you all.

3:55 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Happy New Year! Love the photo retrospective.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

You've had a very busy year. May all your years be so busy and full of life. Happy New Year!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

First off let me say, I love your mosaics! And I want to say thank you for your wonderful blog, I love reading it!

I hope you have a wonderful and happy new year!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Wow, that's quite a year! Hope the new one is happy and healthy (and that goes for BezMom, too)!!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

I love the photo montage of your 2007 events. I have formally set any resolutions, I do usually have some goals in mind.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

You have knit so many great things and I love the other year in photos!

I want to drop my last 20 lbs. That would make 2008 a great year!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

What a year. My only resolution right now is to start better documenting the year;)

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home