Sunday, January 13, 2008

Can't Talk Now--I'm Praying Too Hard

FOR SNOW!!!

Severe Weather Alert
Heavy Snow Warning
SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD- SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX- ESSEX- HUDSON-UNION-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)- BRONX- RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-KINGS (BROOKLYN)-QUEENS-NASSAU- NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK- 1048 AM EST SUN JAN 13 2008
...HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EST MONDAY...
A HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EST MONDAY.
A MIXTURE OF RAIN AND SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN THIS EVENING.. CHANGING OVER TO ALL SNOW BY MIDNIGHT. THE SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES OVERNIGHT INTO MONDAY MORNING BEFORE TAPERING OFF AROUND NOONTIME WITH A TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 5 TO 8 INCHES.
A HEAVY SNOW WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.


Hee! 100% chance of snow at times tonight! Oh Jeebus, please give me a snow day!!

screenshot

Oh soon, my pretty, soon you shall know the pleasure of hauling my butt down the gentle slope of the neighborhood park's hills over a blanket of white delicious snow!

100_5205

Labels:

21 Comments:

Blogger Magatha said...

Dangerous craft warning: Got helmet?

;-)

10:07 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Okay -- here's how we're different: you think of snow as fun, and I think of shoveling my car out.....

And be careful on that thing! ;-)

10:36 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Snow...snow...snow...

10:42 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Oh please whoever is listening, make it snow in Bezzieland - I have so got to see those photos......

10:46 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Oh that would be so much fun!

I'd love a snow day around here, we haven't had enough. But with my luck, it's going to happen when I have to go on a business trip.

I hope you get your snow!

10:59 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I've only had ONE snow day in my life (when I lived in the mountains)so I'm hoping you get yours!!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Necia said...

Girl, you have no idea how Im feeling right now. I HAVE to go into NYC today, and I'm kind of wishing it would start now, so I could back out gracefully, but hmnnnnnnnnnn looks like I'll have a chance to drive there and back afterall. Guess I need to get off the computer, and get cracking!

11:31 AM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Um, where's Chunky? Is HE excited at all? Or, does he even get to use the sled?

-T.

12:53 PM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Noooo!!!! I don't get snow days. I just don't want another day of a four hour commute. But you have fun sledding!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

SNOW, SNOW!!! Hope you get it, that saucer is gonna be awesome!! Hehe..reminds me of mine I had!

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok! Let it snow!! I don't have to shovel it or drive through it. Like the new sled/saucer hope is works good for you and let Chunkie and DRMS have a chance on it. Love, Mom

1:46 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I hope you get a snow day!

I hate snow but I will pray for YOU to get a ton!!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I'm with ya on this even tho I dont have to go out or drive in it right now. My Bird feeders are filled, Hubby made sure he got boxes of firewood stacked right next to the fireplace. I've got milk, bread eggs, etc. I got my yarn, my spinning supplies,, what more can a girl want?

LOL your funny tho, you can just hear the Alaskan in you itching to get out!

1:59 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Oh, I am SO jealous!

*snow4bezziesnow4bezziesnow4bezziesnow4bezzie*

2:51 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

The "my pretty" cracked me the hell up!

Good luck on the snow...only expecting 1-3 in the city.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

*sigh* I had to look at my weather report, too - I want to see some snow this winter. Unfortunately, our says rain with a slight chance of snow tomorrow. Have fun!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm only praying with you because if there's snow, there's a chance the office will close. :) Otherwise, blech on snow. :P

5:19 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

I hope you get lots of snow!!! Was in Reno/Tahoe area again this weekend, such pretty snow!!! Have fun sledding too!!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hey, we have the same forecast! They're calling for Nor'easter here. We're hoping for snow, because our x-country skiing class starts on Thursday.

So, let me join the chant: snow ... snow ... snow ....

5:54 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

That looks like a most excellent way to spend a snow day!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Too bad no snow this time. When it finally does snow enough, ya gotta check out the snow hill in Montclair - on Upper Mountain Avenue near the iris garden. Montclair PD closes the road and lets folk coast down the hill, across the road (bump, bump!), and into the baseball field on the other side.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home