Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ice, Ice, Baby.

Now that I have that song sufficiently stuck in your head, I'll wip it out for you (because seriously, you didn't think I'd actually whip out a wip on the traditional Wednesday did you?).

100_5202
Half asleep in piggie pajamas.

This is the newly popular Ice Queen. It's a fun little knit, easy lace pattern, and knit in the round. What more could you want?

But I don't see myself wearing it. I think Zknitter said it best, I can wear lace, but feeling comfortable in it is completely different.

As you can see, I didn't do the provisional cast on.

To be honest, I didn't like the picot hem down there (or even at the top). It looked ragged and uneven in laceweight yarn to me.

The plain old cast on rolls a bit, but ah well, IF this ever gets worn, the bottom will be hidden by a coat.

I'm still mulling over whether I'll do the picot bind off at the top or not.

It's providing a nice diversion from the boring baby bunny towel I should be knitting.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

It looks really pretty so far.

With it over your face like that, you look like a secret agent Jedi undercover in piggie pajamas.

Ok, so either my imagination is a bit much or I haven't had my coffee yet.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Thanks for the song. I'll return the favor and say....
Did you ever know that you're my hero,and everything I would like to be? I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

Have fun singing that for the rest of the day. ;)

The ice queen looks really nice - I still haven't really done much lace, but lace in the round does sound tempting.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Brena said...

Too cold, too cold...

7:27 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Love the color. The little beads just reflect the light and look like little ice crystals. Very snow queen-ish. And I have a better one
It's a small world after all
It's a small world after all.....

8:01 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

It looks pretty anyway. and if you don't like it, you can alwayas put it in the "gift" pile for emergency gift-giving!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I like that yarn. It looks so soft. When I was being given instruction on spinning my rabbit's fur, I was told that straight Angora rabbit fur would be a "lace" weight yarn. I envisioned something like what you have there ... only I'm thinking once I get it all done, I'd probably dye it using beets. So it would be pink or fuchsia ... or something in that color range :).

Are we doing songs? If you're happy and you know it ....

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok! I sit here at my computer on a ball...not a good thing to start laughing!!! Your "Ice Queen" looks really pretty. But what I saw in the picture is your shirt!!! I can't believe that you are still wearing it!! I have turned mine over to the rag bag long ago!! Love, Mom

12:31 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

The Ice Queen is very pretty! That's one bandwagon I can't jump on becuase it just would look silly wearing one in San Jose!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

That's a great color on you! I find it funny that you're knitting something you don't intend to wear while not knitting something you "should" be. Love youe pjs too!

1:58 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

I agree with cpurl...I would look silly wearing it here in the bay area. But the color for you is fantastic! Glad you are enjoying the lace too!

2:34 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Well, if you're ever in the mood to rob a bank, you'll have a pretty pretty ice queen to use as a mask! ;)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Magatha said...

It's so purty! Yes, do the picot bind off.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Very pretty, and I think it *does* look good on you!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home