Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ooog.

Remember that delightful stomach virus that Chunky caught in December thus allowing him to live up to his blog-0-name?

Well it took about a month, but it hit me on Friday.

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. with stomach cramps and the urge to vomit.

Without getting into too many gory details, let's just say due to this virus and the lunar timing of the moon--minus pus--I have had pretty much every disgusting bodily fluid leaking from me this weekend.

100_4358
A random cat picture to keep you entertained.

I probably should have stayed home from work on Friday. But I persevered.
But every time I was wracked with a round of stomach cramps I reminded myself that childbirth was more painful. Of course I wasn't expected to type, file, and answer phones when I was in labor.

I wasn't too concerned about infecting my coworkers either--that had already been done by Attorney DK's secretary a week before. I suspect I got it from her. Attorney DK is one of those people that unless you're truly dying, he won't let you take the day off. So the poor girl had to work thru her illness, which thus I believe passed it on to me.

It's also hard to just lie in bed and wimper when you're the only parent around.

Dr. Mad Scientist went down to Richmond, VA to reunite with all of his siblings and his mom and stepdad for like the first time in over 20 years. He's from a big family like me, although there's only five of them, not six.

He's from a family like mine that's nomadic. We don't believe in staying in your hometown/home state your whole life. Therefore, it's been hard for everyone to get together in one place at one time especially once they start having kids, and hell their kids start having kids.

100_4357
Have you made it this far?

But it was his mom's 60th birthday this month and they used that as the occasion to all reunite.

I would have loved to go too, but I had to work. And after this stomach virus, even if I had taken the day off, six hours in the car thinking about how horrible I felt would not have been fun.

It worked out well. I caught up on some knitting--I've got a couple of finished objects to show once Dr. Mad Scientist brings back the camera.

Be warned though, one mixes politics and knitting. Muhahahahahaha!

Alright, I think I'll go find something to eat considering I haven't eaten since Thursday.

25 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Glad you're feeling better. My youngest woke up with an earache, and I don't know what's worse - my being sick and unable to do anything for my kiddles, or them being sick and my feeling helpless to make them better.

9:38 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

i hate it when co-workers come in sick. i won't go near them. it's sad, really, that the bosses just don't get it.

9:50 AM  
Blogger coastergirl said...

Good to hear you are getting better. I guess the silver lining is the knitting you got done. I have changed the 'coming in to work sick thing - when others are sick, I have the wipes, can of lys0l and face mask....funny, the sick ones don't hang around too long - don't know if it is the mask or the fog of lys0l that engulfs them when they come near my office... :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

I hope you feel better.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

No fun at all. I hope the food stayed down and didn't run through too fast.

I love your cats.

10:48 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Hey there cute kitties!

Glad you're feeling better.

11:43 AM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Whew! I hope you're feeling better!

And, why did you have to post those pictures of the katzahs? Ooooh! It makes me want one of my own even more.

-T.

12:21 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Ooo, being sick is sucky! Glad you're feeling better. At my hubby's job, if anyone's sick, everyone else says 'go home!', noone else wants it.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I work in a health care environment and if we use the sick time we are alloted each year, it counts against us in our evaluations. Go figure. So we come in sick and spread the love around. Unless I am leaking nasty stuff, I go to work. Try being compassionate to folks with serious mental illness with pain and cramps.

12:39 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Glad you're feeling better!

12:41 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Cute kitties! And I hope you're feeling better -- and that Attorney DK comes down with the crap, too.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What donna lee said is SAD!! Why the heck should calling in sick be held against you? Glad that you are feeling better and that you were able to get some knitting done. Hope DrMS had a good time with his sibs. Love, Mom

2:43 PM  
Anonymous birdie said...

Sounds like a fun time. Except not really. I hope you're stomach is doing better. I like to eat grapes when I'm not feeling good. For some reason it's the only thing that doesn't sound disgusting. They're juicy and cool.
Hope you're feeling better!!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick - I've been in the same boat the last few days. Your calico cat has the most beautiful cerulean eyes :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh I'm intrigued by what the other project could be! Unless you politicized the hat up with some donkey buttons or elephants or something. I dunno.

Hope you feel better soon!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Somebody needs to hurl onto attorney DK's papers while working through an illness. Can you imagine trying to submit a vomit-covered filing and having to explain how it got that way? No, me neither. But it could happen to certain attorneys if they are not more compassionate...

I hope you feel better soon.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Necia said...

Hope you feel better soon Bez. Eat something light if you can! Most importantly, keep that virus over there!

Necia

5:48 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Hmm, my body had the good sense to collapse just as I was approaching my front door Friday night...sitting at the computer is the furthest I've been from bed since then.

I hope you are on the mend. I'm still debating about going into work tomorrow...sometimes I really hate my work ethic...

6:03 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Sorry you've been feeling sick. Something seems to be going around. Glad you're feeling a little better.

Cute kitties.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh crap. I had that last week. totally sucked AND blew. I got lucky, if you can call it that, and was sick on my days off. So at least I didn't have to work sick...
Politics AND knitting??? This I gotta see.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Glad you're feeling better. Take good care - some people have relapses with this one.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yuck! I feel your pain. My son caught a horrible case of diahrrea (spelling?) about a month ago at his daycare. Half the kids and teachers were out sick, so they closed the daycare for a day to clean and disinfect the place. Unfortunately he still caught it, and I ended up spending an hour cleaning up my bathroom after he couldn't make it to the toliet in time. Well, at least he made it into the bathroom! The comment from Lisa is right - some companies and/or bosses are just so inflexible that employees have to come to work sick, and parents have to send their kids to daycare sick. Pretty sad. Although coming to work sick pales compared to the time one of my coworkers at a previous job came to work after getting sprayed by a skunk in her driveway before work! Now, I wouldn't care what my boss thought, I would have stayed home after that! A few women in my department gave her a toy skunk a few days later, LOL!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

I love cat noses. Hope you're feeling better.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

oh man, I really hope you're feeling better.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Oh you poor thing... I've been sick like that where every orafice is leaking something and you just feel yucky all over. Those are the times I just drag my pillow & blanket into the bathroom and camp out in there.

Cuddle those cute kitties, and feel better soon!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home