Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Super Meanderific Postarooni

It's text heavy today peeps--buckle up, and take your knitalin so you can concentrate if you want to proceed.

I'm online today, when I should have been checking my boss's flight status to Orlando from Newark--the weather here has been rainy, which means planes can't fly.

Anyway, I click on a headline on MSN that reads: "15 Ways To Trim Your Budget."

I'm a sucker for these articles. 99% of them is stuff we already do--CFC lightbulbs, line dry the laundry (ok, just one load--the heavy stuff that never gets dried in the damn dryer anyway), clip coupons, blah, blah blah but sometimes they have one small idea I had never thought of before.

In the article they had a link to an MSN message board where thrift minded people pool their ideas.

I notice the moderator's name is DonnaF.

I click on her name to learn more about her. Lo and behold, her full name is Donna Freedman.

Mom, and T. will know this name, as this is the mother of a mutal friend of Dr. Mad Scientist's and mine.

We met at the movie theater we all worked at as kids. She officiated at our wedding (because we're not religous, we didn't want to pay anyone to do it, and in Alaska you can court-appoint anyone to marry you).

Maybe I'm easily amused but I find that the internet makes it a small world.

And color me jealous, the woman's like a Cheapass Guro for MSN. Man, I want that job! Ha ha!

She's got a blog here if you're interested.

Speaking of money. I am giving an anonymous shout out to the Valentine Bandit who sent me a Valentine's Day card in the mail. This person hails from the state that Homer Simpson dubbed "America's Wang." Unfortunately that's all that was revealed to me.

But because of this VD Bandito, K.A.Y.E. lives to see another three months.

Yeah I know I said I was discontinuing it--but consider my emotional state at the time--give a sister a manic episode!

So, if you've had your cooter rooted in January or February (I almost wrote "and" there--good god!), and have NOT previously emailed me your name and email, please do. You'll be eligible for this month's prize (courtesy of the VD Bandito--once I purchase the yarn, I'll post it) and for the end-of-the-year Grand Prize.

I'll be going onto The Place That Shall Not Be Named and posting about the contest there. I'm hoping that will drum up more than less than 10 entrants each month.

A private aside to the woman who emailed me on February 4 or 5th with her entry: Gmail ate your message before I could add you to my spreadsheet--won't you please email me again at rkbezzie @ gmail . com? I apologize, but see the above mentioned reference to my disturbed mental state those days.

Chunky's adopted Auntie and her feline minions (hm, or maybe it's the opposite there...) sent him a HUGE box of Valentine goodies today too.

Y'all have been so nice to us. I really do appreciate it. It's probably a good thing because honestly without your supportive words I'd probably be wanted for murder right about now and they would have found a certain Dr. Mad Scientist floating in the Passaic River--or wait, where did Tony Soprano dispose of his bodies? I'd like to think I'd do it traditional Jersey-style.

So have you made it this far?

Congrats--you get a picture. Jeeze, another WIP on Wednesday:



100_5421

This is another RAKish thing I've been working on--I had planned it to be that way pre-husband unemployment and I refuse to put it on the backburner.

You last saw it when I was ranting about a certain blog post.

And yes, that's Noro. It's some Noro Mag popped my Noro cherry with. She said the colors drove her nuts. I can kind of see it. I just started ball number three of this particular color number and it's not really patterning the way I had hoped.

But no fear. It's not supposed to be perfect.

What is "it?" Yeah well for that you'll have to wait!

Labels: , ,

32 Comments:

Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Can't wait to see what the secret project is!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I am actually kinda diggin' the watermelon Noro. Sorry, I sees watermelon!!!

PIGGIE JAMMIES!!!!

Sweeeet.....

9:15 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Nice pajamas :).

Glad to see you back in true Bezzie form.

9:42 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Yay for KAYE and whomever that VD Bandit is!!

Love the Piggie Jammies too!!

I'm likin' the Noro colors too!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Amby said...

Ok, do you get your jammies at Big Lots? Come clean now. 'Cause that's where I've found the best funnest (yes, I said funnest) pj's to be...I have sheepie and duckie ones from there. I used to have doggie ones too, but I wore them so often they split right up the butt crack. Too bad I didn't notice until after I'd taken the pups out a few times...oh well, just a cheap thrill for the neighbors I guess!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I like the colors. Can't wait to see what you're makin'.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hehehe, love those piggies!! I've got sock monkeys! Interesting Noro project there!

11:01 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Can't wait to see what you're making! Looks like a watermelon cozy to me--cuz watermelons like to be warm.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Disco said...

It really IS a small world. It is so good to hear that some good things are brightening your day again :-)

I also see watermelon in those colours. Can't wait to see what it's turning into....

4:03 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Mmm Watermelon Noro. My life is complete.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

oink oink i love those jammies. I am digging those colors a bit. I am really curious about what it is!

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew! now it's arrived I can stop sweating (or maybe not!).
Glad to see the continuation of KAYE :-)
THE BANDIT OF LUUURVE

7:14 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

My pj's have puppies and polka dots!

If you post that contest on the place that will not be named - you will probably have aflood of entries! Be prepared...

That looks like crochet...are you crocheting that Noro?

7:44 AM  
Blogger buttercup said...

I thought it was the rose/green yarn you bought at SnS when we met there. I kinda like the colors too. Can't wait to see what it'll be.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Okay - it's Thursday now - Happy Valentine's Day!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Okay - it's Thursday now - Happy Valentine's Day!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Not digging the Noro colorway (sorry), but am digging the piggy pjs. :)

8:08 AM  
Blogger Dkswife said...

Now that I can get a better glimpse of the yarn, it is bright and pretty. We need bright and pretty during the winter doldrum part of winter.

And a big Hooyah! for whoever sent you the cashola to purchase yarn for KAYE!

Oh, and one more big Hooyah! for whoever Chunky's adopted Auntie is for sending him the much deserved goodies!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

That IS a small world!

And the Noro colours are very, very nice. will wait impatiently for reveal.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

I think I intended to make booga bags for shopping with that stuff. Then I realized, Hey! I hate felted stuff. That yarn reminds me very much of the '60s'. Bright and in your face! The other stuff is much prettier.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the colors in that yarn and cannot wait to see what you turn out. Yeah for the Bandit!! I think that I need to make you another Piggie shitr that one is getting OLD!!!! Thank you to Chunkie's adopted Auntie for the goodies. I am sure that he is enjoying them. Love, Mom

10:05 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Go bright colors, LOL!

Since you mentioned money saving tips...my husband and I save a lot of money on food by using this Angel Food Ministries program (www.angelfoodministries.com). OK, I know you said you're not religious, but the food is a really good deal (at least here in Ohio where food prices seem to be skyrocketing), and it's not a "preachy" program. It was especially helpful when my husband was laid off from work last year. Another thing I do is when I shop online, I use this Ebates service. You shop through links on their website, and earn a % back of what you spend. It's completely free, no catches. I've been in it for about a year, and have already gotten almost $100 back. They send (or deposit to Paypal) you a check every 3 months, if your account balance is over $5.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Nice to see you perking up! Thank dog for knittingas always.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Very intriguing secret project!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Necia said...

Happy Valentines Day. Girl keep your head up, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I had my cooter rooted last Thursday. I gotta say Thank YOU! I don't want to be included in the contest, but it did put me in gear.

11:37 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Dammit, now I have that Small World song stuck in my head! Better go play some Nine Inch Nails to pound it out.

Cute jammies!

11:45 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

is it wrong that i like those colors?

yeah it probably is.

i will refrain from expressing holiday wishes. i am very firmly against valentine's day.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Are those piggy pj's?

3:26 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I love the jammies as well! Great colors in your project you have going on there!

How sweet of your VD bandit! That truly warms my heart. You are a lucky gal Bezzie...you have many many knitters rootin' for you LOL I am laughing at the rootin' how appropriate LOL considering your KAYE project.

Anyway chin up...your gonna make it through!

6:06 PM  
Blogger bmom said...

I love a mystery. That looks like something for a baby/child.....

And very generous of your unknown bandit.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I love those "trim your budget" articles. We do alot of those things already too, but they're fu to read anyway. What a small world too.

Viva la KAYE!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Bezzie,

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Woohoo, I'm very impressed that you know where Hudson, OH is! : ) We have quite a few Joann's stores, but not one downtown. : ( And there's the perfect retail space a few blocks from my job (built a few years ago, but never occupied) that would be perfect for a Joann's. Sigh... If there was one downtown, I'd be in my glory! Interestingly though, one of the newer Joann's stores, in this City View shopping plaza that opened in an inner-ring suburb of Cleveland just about 2 years ago, is closing. I think maybe people have gotten scared off from shopping there, because it came out that the plaza was built on a former toxic waste dump, and several stores in the plaza have already have had problems with methane gas leaking in from underground. I know I wouldn't shop there.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home