Friday, February 01, 2008

Winner

And the winner of January 2008's K.A.Y.E. is: Michelle!

Don't tell the bellyachers that there were only three contestants this month and it's doubtful the chances will ever be that good of winning again even with the new rules.

And I apologize to January's two non-winners. Now you won't be eligible until December's Grand Prize to win anything this year.

No, I'm not bitter about the bellyachers. Hee hee!

I just hate it when things are inconsistent.

Why?

Because I'm camel.

100_5343

"Camel [yarn] has very little elasticity, and it doesn't felt easily.
The fiber also doesn't bleach easily, so you'll normally find it used in yarns whose color either masks or enhances the natural tan shade of the camel fiber." --The Knitter's Book of Yarn

Camels are frank and straightforward in their manner. You know what you want and while you're extremely polite and tactful, you have no difficulty being firm and definite. You are not very flexible or adaptable; you like things to be a certain way.


Or as my husband more succinctly puts it: I'm a stubborn control freak.

Go to Potter Craft to read their promo for The Knitter's Book of Yarn and to see what you are. I wouldn't have ordered the button had it not been so damn spot on.

Now I'm tempted to order some camel yarn.

Labels:

25 Comments:

Blogger Magatha said...

I'm angora. soft and warm. No wonder I never knit myself.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Camels are also good at higher math, well what else are you going to do all day while waiting for somone else to spit at. Or so says Terry Pratchett.

7:00 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

I didn't even realize they made camel yarn!!

7:25 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

I could've told you that you were a camel about 10 years ago.

-T.

7:30 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I'm a mohair. Weirdly appropriate, because I LOVE mohair....

7:53 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I'm angora. Basically, sometimes I'm too accomodating. Hmmm, I wonder what my ex boss thinks...

8:06 PM  
Blogger coastergirl said...

I am angora....it so fits - you should check out my blog for this weird name thing - it pegged me pretty darn well - and fits with my fuzzy bunny-ness....

8:17 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I took the quiz twice, just to see if a couple of different answers would make a difference but nope! I'm angora. Fluffy and itchy. Greeeeat.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I didn't know they made camel yarn either. And congrats oto the winner!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

Do you have one hump or two, you know, as a camel?

I am a bunny. Husband says, "well you're fluffy", sigh.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you ready for this? I am a Camel too!!! I guess what my father said about potatoes is true. I took the test but switched quilting for knitting and went from there. Love, Mom

9:59 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

I'm angora too. My dad wants to buy the girls a bunny and I've told him to forget it...unless it's angora and useful in some way.

Or good eatin'. Either way is fine with me.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I spun some camel awhile back. I may still have some camel roving...hmmm...time to go dig in the stash!

I'm Angora by the way....surprisingly true.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

I am an Oddball. Of course.

Yey for the winner!
(And having all entries put into the grand prize drawing, that seems quite fair.)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Now I've fondled camel yarn... and they left something out - it's really quite soft!!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Ah would you please repeat those rules? OK, it's tired. You wouldn't spit on a mohair would you?

5:31 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Thanks for the link to the camel yarn. The 100% camel yarn is "Mellow Camel."

6:02 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I'm an angora,too. Just a bundle of fluff that can't say no. Sigh.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Oh bezzie... I'm cheating and leaving a comment anyway, just to say that I went to an ALANON mtg once because of a friend's drinking. It was a really good place to let it *all* out to people who 100% knew what I was going through. Hang in there, do what you need to do.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also cheating - just to say that I am thinking of you. I know what you are going through. My eldest brother is an alcoholic. Stay strong. Alida South Africa

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another "cheater" saying hang in there, go to some alanon meetings if you can, and let people know how they can help.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Yes Bezzie, yet another cheater. Just to say we love you and love your honesty! You're not alone! So many of us have been there or are there now. Hugs!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm angora, but I asked them to send the OddBall button because I liked the picture better. BTW, I gave you a You Make My Day Award. If my blogger profile doesn't have a link to my blog, I am Yarny Old Kim and the post was called "Go Ahead."

3:32 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I totally understand what you are going through. Been there, done that, it's hell. I keep thinking of you. You're not alone in this.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Fiberfool said...

I'm a camel too!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home