Sunday, April 20, 2008

WIPs N'Nips

T'was a fine weekend!

Saturday we had marriage shrinky-dink day. I love this woman so much more than Pimple Face in Manhattan. Pimple Face was nice, don't get me wrong, but I think if she cut herself, she'd bleed green.

Plus I found out Saturday that Dr. Shrinky-Dink is a knitter and crocheter--ha ha! She's one of us! She can't be that bad right?

And then Sunday, I hung out with Chris.

We hit I've Got A Notion for some clasps she was looking for. We walked right past 'em in a button-tunnel-vision-induced haze. They've got about six carousel racks of buttons at this place. For button-deprived Jerseyians, it was mecca.

I walked away with some big-ass snaps and a 1/2 yard of fabric. I've decided to replace Yasser with a fabric bag. Yasser was too stretchy. He'd become too easily heavily laden with trash. It got to the point where I wouldn't dump him for months until he started to spit candy wrappers or gas receipts back at me in spite for gorging him with trash. RIP Yasser.

Next we hit Stix where we chatted with Monica and I picked up some yarn to break the monotony of knitting with that blue skein of acrylic for my Hats for Alex.

100_5751

A couple of skeins of Rosita novelty yarn leftover from Stix's incredible sale last weekend. I'm glad I didn't go because man, oh man, just looking at her leftover sale items this weekend and having a hard time resisting buying them--I would have and even harder time resisting had I gone last week.

I know what you're thinking looking at that picture: "You spent $20 on novelty yarn for baby hats?" Nope, I peeled off the real tags. They were $1 a ball. Can't beat that price with a stick--or a stake.

And speaking of steaks (ho ho! Antonymic segues!), I did one of those Meathead hats for Alex last night during laundry.

100_5746

Hm, yes. I can't say this pattern really revs me up. It's knit flat which I find kind of bizzare. God help the baby who gets this hat, I hope he/she doesn't find my seam too uncomfortable!

And it's basically just a pointed hat. I could have made that in the round. Maybe I didn't do it right since I did downgrade it a lot in the pattern to fit my 56-magical-stitch-number-for-a-baby-hat habit, but needless to say this will be the only true Meathead I make.

Any other pointy hats with kicky embellishments will be knit in the round and dubbed Tofuheads.

As long as I'm on the subject of finished objects and pieces of meat. Who wants to see my mother's boobie?

100_5753

Bow-chickie-bow-wow!!!

This is my modified tit-bit for mom. It's smaller than the first ones I made her and the nipple is further down--like a real boobie. The normal tit-bit has a more centrally placed nip.

It's a very rough looking boobie--this picture makes it look pretty darn good. The poor nip is a little flattened. But c'mon who among us with woman-boobs hasn't once in a while experienced a case of nipple squish (and not in a good way)?

Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Your mom's boob is so cute :)
(that sounds so wrong on so many levels, LOL)
Sounds like you had a fun weekend. How nice Skrinky-dink is one of us. That sale sounds too good- $1 a ball!? What a bargain- it'll make some cute hats!

8:19 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

My, your mother's boob looks so soft and supple. =P

hehehehe. Yes. I am 12.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

That hat is so adorable - makes we want to have a girl..uh....maybe.

Can't wait to here what mom thinks of the boob.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice looking tit bit, hope she likes it. As for that hat, I know, I want to knit it in the round too, I hate to seam it! But I just like the look. Sounds like a good weekend..well part of it ;)

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I really like the meathead hat!! That is really cute! Does the flower go with it? I can't wait to try out my new BOOBIE!!! I have been going "One eyed" here for a long time. That rubber thing is soooooo heavy!! Thank you fro making it for me!!!! Love, Mom

10:28 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Your mom's boobie is way better than my real things!

I'm glad you're warming to the shrinky-dink. Better than having to pay to talk to someone you despise or just don't feel quite gets you.

11:04 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Your Mom is going to have one cute boobie!

Will you publish your patten mods?

12:35 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Sarah's comment just made me laugh!

Sounds like a great weekend! The meathead hat is cute...but not knit in the round?...hmm... not sure its worth it? The flower sure does work perfectly.

Love the boob!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Great boobie!

5:50 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Love the boob. Came out great!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I'm sure that boob will feel so much better than the raw chicken things that they encourage women to use. And lighter. What a good idea that was.

7:43 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I love the little meathead hat - but it's knit flat? That kust doens't seem right! (ha)

8:32 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Squishy nipples - great name for a band! Cute meathead, too! Ooo, ooo! Meathead Nipple Squish would be an even better name for a band!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous joymama said...

Boobielicious! Maybe your mom will let people feel her up to see if it's 'authentic' feeling.

I love your meathead hat and I do understand the seaming issue. Still, it's really cute and some lucky baby will be adorable in it.

The cosmic universe offers you a bit of justice in giving you a knitting/crocheting fiber lover!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Dkswife said...

The meathead hat is indeed a bit strange! Hey, I love that boobie! Boobies!!!! Hee hee Boobies!!!! ;p

1:53 PM  
Blogger Dkswife said...

Because I am 10 years old, that's why! Boobies!!!!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Dkswife said...

Before you know it, I'll be writing things like fart! Tee hee hee

1:54 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Meathead is knit flat? That does seem a little weird. I mean, knit in the round, you avoid seaming. which is always a plus in my books!

the boobie is very cute. squashed nipple and all. like you said, it's happened to all of us...

6:45 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Nice boobie!

I love the meathead hat! Very cute! That sale sounds so good. I can't resist a yarn sale. I'm going to Smiley's yarn in Queens next month for their big in store sale. I'm already saving.

8:18 PM  
Blogger buttercup said...

I'm so glad I got to hang with you on Sunday! I needed my Bezzie visit since you're not going to MD. :-( (Imagine tears there too)

You're mom's boobie came out really well. I can see where it's a bit more triangular. Cool! The squishy nip can certainly be fixed.

I had a great time on Sunday! I need to get those clasps on my sweater. May be a project for tonight.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Your mom is lucky to have you girl!

I love that you made her the perfect boob! Your awesome!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Love the boob realism.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home