Sunday, May 04, 2008

Even Better Kept Secret

So remember how I said I didn't have enough money to make it to Maryland Sheep & Wool?

I lied.

Chris and I had been planning my attendance for two months.

Muhahahaha! Chris was sweet enough to reserve me a spot with her and her lovely friend blogless friend Jen on the bus that Rosie's Yarn Cellar charters to Maryland.

There were three legs to my journey yesterday. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. (2:30 a.m. if you count the practice wake-up session that Springs decided to give me).

Then I drove to Bridgewater where I met Chris. I got into Bridgewater about...

100_5781

And that's a.m.

I ditched my car and from there Chris and I drove to Flemington where we met up with Jen.

Then we ditched Chris's car and went on into Philly.

Once we boarded Rosie's bus, it was pretty tough to stay awake.

Of course as we got closer--it was hard to not get excited.

Look at all the cars!

100_5782

And this was at 11:00 a.m.

We quickly got off the bus and got down to business.

100_5783

At the Brooks Farm booth (ironically the only vendor I have ever experienced at a fiber festival if you count Kid n'Ewe in Boerne, TX), Chris spotted Pam and I spotted Val. Since I've been lucky enough to hang with Val a couple of times since moving to the NY area, I knew she might recognize me...so I ducked for cover behind Chris.

After Chris and Pam gave each other a hug, I popped out of hiding.

Hee hee, the look on her face was priceless! As was Cristi's a few minutes later when we found her.

Man, what a fun time!

100_5784

That's Chris, Cristi, and Jas aka Artsygal.

I even got to meet the (in)famous Roxy and MonkeeMaven.

100_5785

I won't lie (this time), I did tell Jo I was coming...so I got to meet her too!!

100_5786

I wish I had gotten more pictures, but I was kind of overwhelmed by all these knitters I've only ever read about and not to mention all the wonderful vendors!

I also got to meet Michelle/AKknitter too!

100_5787

My only regret?

I didn't have the huevos to introduce myself to Marie Grace at the Llamajama booth.

The best part? Meeting all these knitters I have only read about and making new friends that I had only heard about (I'm thinking of you Jen!)

Tomorrow: the loot and the story of my wheel.

Labels:

32 Comments:

Blogger Rebel said...

Oh yay! How much fun! I love getting to see knitty heads in person.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Bezzie,

Wow! Lucky you! How great to get to meet all those other knitters in person, and to be around all that fiber and yarn! Not to mention a whole childless day! Did I mention that I'm totally jealous??? Sigh...

12:22 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You're not afraid of Marie Grace are you? She's a sweetie pie!

I'm so sorry I don't live on the east coast these days. It seems like all the really big fiber festivals are out there.

I can't quite imagine you all coming for Wisconsin Sheep and Wool.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Wow! Sounds like you had an awesome time! It was worth the lie to get all those great reactions by surprising your friends. Sounds like a hellacious trip though...but it must have been worth it!

12:33 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

How fun! Well, except for the waking up at 3:30 part.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What!? You planned a Cool Outing and didn't inform your Mom!!! What the heck are you suppose to have fun? NO!! Are you feeling guilty? If so Good!! My motherhood skills are still working.

Looks like a good time was had by all. So did you get any cool yarn? Was this an all day thing? Did they have places that you could eat at? Come on we need info!! Love, Mom

2:09 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Yay!!!! How exciting!! Sounds and looks like you had a great time with our Knitty friends! Can't wait to see the yarn and fiber you got :)

And the 3:30am, ouch. But yarn and knitting friends is usually the only thing that can get me up that early!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

yay Bez! So glad you were able to have a good time :)

3:04 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

*Drool*

That is all.

No, wait. MS&W looks awesome. But is it just me in thinking that it is an entire sub-culture? I mean, you don't meet knitters every day. I still have to explain the difference between knit and crochet to most people I meet. But there - I am sure that my yarn rabidity would be put to shame - what gives? Why aren't there loads of parked, fanatic knitter cars on every street corner (not that my car actually works)?

3:08 PM  
Anonymous birdie said...

Looks like you had a good time! I'm sure the early morning travels were so worth it.

Your smile in that picture totally looks like Mom's, by the way...:D

3:44 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Congrats! How wonderful for you!

4:51 PM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Good for you Bezzie! You deserve to get out and have some fun. I'm glad you were able to swing it. Maybe I'll get to meet you at Rhinebeck!?

4:52 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'll admit, you fooled us. When Trillian told me you were there I didn't believe her. Of course, then I met you :)

5:22 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

That was hilarious! You were very sneaky. :)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I'm glad you got to go. It was certainly a deserved treat. I considered signing up for the Rosie's bus (it's only across the river in Philadelphia) but in the end I am glad I didn't go. Healing has to come first, sigh.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I am so jealous. You got to meet so many people, and you look like you're having such a great time! And is that people in short sleeves? Your weather must have been better than this crud outside too.

So glad you had fun!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous NikBudnik said...

Day without child...how nice. :)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I'm so jealous! the govt took all my loose cash (right now I have approximately $13 to my name until my next chequecomes in). Loot! show us the loot!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, you little sneak!! :)

I'm glad you got to go and have a kid-free, fiber filled day and that you got to meet fab Knitties. I am jealous that you met Cristi, Roxy and and the infamous Monkee.....

7:33 PM  
Blogger Amysatx said...

YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you and can hardly wait to see all you bought!

8:30 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I'm still struck dumb by the sight of you peeking from behind Chris. That was so awesome. After I met you, I could have gone home right then and been happy. =)

8:34 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I'm so excited for you! You really did deserve a fun day! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

Please, someday will you pop out and shock us on the other coast?

10:41 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Man, I didn't see you!!!!
I ran into Jas but she didn't even recognize me. :(

11:18 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

Can't wait for loot! I have to live vicariously!

1:18 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

HOw fun! I wish we had some sort of fiber fest here. It would have to be in the dead of winter when its 50 degrees out though ;-)

7:09 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

I'm glad you got to go! Let's see that loot!!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Dkswife said...

I am so glad you got to go do something fun for yourself! :)

Good for you!

Kay

7:56 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yahoo!! So glad you got to go, you sneaky wench! I love the bunny ear picture from Cristi's blog. It's fun to meet peeps we only know from blogland I think :) One day I hope to meet you as well!

9:25 AM  
OpenID MarieGrace said...

I so cannot believe you didn't come say hi to me.

I am devastated.

'Nuff said.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Fiberfool said...

I am so happy for you Bezzie!! Hope you had a great day and came away with some new special memories!!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Disco said...

I'm sitting by the pool on my holiday, so I can't see the pics for the glare of the sun, but just wanted to say - YAY! So pleased you made it to MS&W. I'll check out the full deets when I get home tomorrow. :0)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Oh how fun!! Looks like you had a fantastic time!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home