Monday, May 05, 2008

Loot

First we have the largest yarn purchase I have EVER made to date in one sitting (pricewise that is):

100_5801
100_5788

Before we boarded the bus we fondled the Koigu mill ends that Rosie's had for sale. I purchased the top two because they were pretty. The bottom picture shows what I purchased with the intent to make a Tulip Baby Sweater (shush Pam!) for a couple we know who just found out they're having a baby.

Although they were still pretty pricey, mill ends were the perfect solution for this sweater that only calls for 8 rows of seven different colors.

Of course Koigu is fingering/sock weight and the pattern calls for worsted, but it's a top-down sweater. Those are pretty easy to modify.

Price for the mill ends: $46

Next was 4 oz of merino roving from The Drafting Zone.

100_5795

Price for the roving in "Sapphire": $9.50

Here's the part that sucks. I found some GREAT roving at Delly's Delights Farm. But it's black, with red mixed in it. The two hardest colors to photograph.

100_5790

Trust me, it's damn gorgeous. Chris didn't have to twist my arm too hard to get me to buy it. Especially at this price--4 oz for $10.00

Finally, you can or cannot include this into my total purchases. It's the prize yarn for May's K.A.Y.E. prize.

100_5798

That's 1000 yds. of laceweight in a beautiful vivid green from Tess' Designer Yarns. Tess's had to be my favorite booth of all the vendors. Except I don't like the way they put the apostrophe after the s and don't follow it with another s. Yes, I know technically it's the correct way, but I like the look of "Tess's" (which is also the correct way) better.



Oh and it's superwash AND superdry. If only Socks That Rock was superDRY! Ha ha!

Total price for both skeins: $20.

So there you have it. If you count the K.A.Y.E. prize I spent $85.50. If you don't count it, I spent $65.50.

I even indulged in a lamb sausage and a horribly overpriced coke (not unexpected).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a date with my girlfriend, Adeste:

100_5802

After a few minutes of futzing with her I was able to spin a bit of poopy yarn.

It's poopy, but I can tell that it won't be poopy for long. A little practice will be like Immodium A-D for my spinning little fingers!

Labels: , ,

30 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

It all looks beautiful! Sounds like you had a great time and made some great purchases.

The colors you chose for the baby sweater are gorgeous together and I can't wait to see it finished!

Hope you're date went well...and that you at least offered dinner before the wheel put out good yarn! ;)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Great choices in yarn and roving! The lace weight is very pretty. I think the additional s for Tess's would be too much and just out of control.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

That is going to be a GORGEOUS Tulip Sweater. And no judgment from me, I swear. :)

8:58 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Fabulous purchases!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You're going to have so much fun with your wheel! I can't wait to see how you progress.

9:08 PM  
Blogger janna said...

It's ALL so pretty! And I just love the colors you chose for the baby tulip sweater! (And it should be Tess's, with the extra s -- the apostrophe at the end is used with plurals, and Tess is not a plural, no matter how many sssss it has!)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous rovings and yarns!! Hehe..I like Adeste! Go you!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Very pretty yarn! I can't wait to see the sweater, too!

10:37 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Love all that yarn!! Koigu mill ends??!! Yummy! Some awesome purchases for what sounds like a fabulous weekend!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

~droooool~

5:40 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Nice haul Bezzie! You got some great stuff there. And I LOVE the green lace! Gorgeous.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

The mill ends...what a great find! It sounds like an amazing day.

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Elizamac said...

Oh man... isn't MD Sheep and Wool wonderful? If there is a heaven, and I actually get in (HA!), I hope it's a little like that. Great haul of goodies and I love the new wheel!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Nice haul! Have fun with all the loot.

7:24 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

great haul!

i really like the colors you chose for the baby sweater. very untraditional baby-ish.

i wish i had gone to the festival. maybe next year.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love the green laceweight- it's an incredible color!
Kiogu makes such such nice baby things, I can't wait to see how those colors knit up- great haul!!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

We have quite a collection of "yarn poop" at our house. It gets better. I have a tendency to blame the wheel but in my heart I know it's the dreaded 'operator error'. I am getting better but not as fast as I'd like. I want to make perfect yarn NOW!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on the wheel! I think that Koigu will make a great Tulips sweater.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Gack! It only took the one word to get that song stuck in my head...I had to sing it in choir....

Adeste, Fidelis, nay ti tri-umphante, benite, beni-i-i-te Emma-a-a-nu-el!

Youd'a thunk I killed off those brain cells by now.

Anyhow...yey yarn!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Dkswife said...

Squee! You got your wheel! Have a great time with it!

Lovely yarn. I like the subdued colors in the yarn for the sweater.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I love that yarn! It will make a gorgeous little Tulip! :)

10:59 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Nice haul! And I loooove the color of that lace. If I were a lace knitter, I'd be running for the doc right about now! (Who'd be confused as to why I'd want another rootin', seeing as how I was just there five months ago.)

11:30 AM  
Blogger Nell said...

A tulip sweater in Koigu will be so lovely! You chose really nice colors.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOoooooh!!! Nice yarn and roving!!! I like the colors that you picked out for the little sweater! And I love the green K.A.Y.E. yarn!!! And if I was a knitter and won May you would not get it!!! Love, Mom

12:26 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Pretty yarn! I had no idea there was a superDRY yarn. sounds like a damn good idea to me, the ever impatient one....

1:38 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love the colours in your baby sweater choices, And why didn't we get to see the poopy yarn?

5:28 AM  
Anonymous joymama said...

Awesome loot!
Glad you cut loose and had good time.
Looking forward to your pics of the roving you spin.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Great name for a wheel! You gonna clip a playing card to the spokes so it sounds like a motorcycle when you spin? 'Cause that'd be the bomb...

1:11 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Adeste is safely home and spinning! Yay! She's beautiful. =)

I LOVE Delly's Delight Farms. The roving is beautiful.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

That is some nice stuff you picked up. You definatly are deserving!!! Enjoy!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home