Saturday, May 31, 2008

What's Goin' On?

It's like the calm before the storm.

The weekend before you know you're being executed.

Monday's going to suck. Large nasty brief due. Boss who likes to wait til the very very end (i.e. 11:59 p.m.) to file.

But I'll try to enjoy my weekend.

I was tagged by Elizabeth to do a meme. Between brief revisions at work, I did it.

The Guidlines:

* Answer at least three of the questions. Yes, I know a few look time-consuming and there are several of them. That's why I only ask for three. See? I'm nice!
* Post them and the rules on your blog, and please link back to me here. Pretty please?
* Comment here telling me and the rest of our little party where you're at and link to yourself.
That's all!
* Oh yeah, don't forget to tag others!


The Meme:

What's the last book you read that you thought was really super, inspiring, you'd recommend it to most anyone?

Wow. It takes a lot to impress me, so this question is a bit difficult. I’ve run out of authors to read lately and I’ve been taking this list of authors to the library and slowly reading them.

It’s primarily white woman fiction which I’m finding very bland. Very different than the Isabele Allende, Julia Alvarez, Ana Castillo type authors I normally read and prefer. Their stories tend to have more depth in their characters and settings to me. Maybe I say this because I am the white woman of white woman fiction and I subconsciously find my own life boring? If I was still in college, this would make a great research paper.

What food totally grosses you out, you'd never be able to touch it? Ew. Gag. *hurl*

Sauerkraut and that Chef BoyRDee Ravioli in a can. I made some for Chunky the other night and nearly vomited.

Did you ever watch a scary movie that frightened you so much you were afraid of the dark afterward? I mean like you're lying in bed trying to sleep, but you have to pee, but you're scared to get up. It doesn't have to be recently; could be when you were a kid. So what movie was it?

I don’t remember many movies freaking me out as a kid or as an adult. Maybe just because I never watched “scary” movies. I do enjoy watching scary ghost movies (think Sixth Sense) or watching those ghost shows on the SciFi or Discovery channel when Dr. Mad Scientist is around. I think I’ve spilled this before—but those movies and shows scare the hell out of him.

Is there a song that makes you dance every time you hear it? Would you tap you feet and sing along to it in public?

If it’s outside the car, than no. No singing or dancing in public.

Tattoos: yes or no? Do you have any? Tell us! Do you think they're gross? TELL US!

I have a ladybug about the size of a dime on my upper chest near my shoulder. I got it when I was 18 and a college freshman—me and six friends all went out and got one. I didn’t want anything too big but I wanted something meaningful--My Old Man nicknamed me Kayebugs (or some derivative of that—it’s mutated over the years) when I was little and thus gave rise to my affinity for ladybugs. I don’t think they’re gross at all. Dr. Mad Scientist has four himself. Hee hee, we’ll rock the retirement home someday.

When's the last time you laughed so hard your ribs ached and/or you nearly peed yourself? What made you do it?

When I put Chunky to bed, I will “work” Rosie, his monkey (i.e. make her talk). Rosie has a penchant for potty humor so I know the last time I laughed really hard was after something Rosie said at bedtime that probably involved poop or farts that set Chunky off laughing hysterically and well kid laughter is quite contagious. Even more so when I myself love a good poop or fart joke.

Draw or doodle a picture of your pet(s) and post it if possible. Nothing fancy, don't be shy!

Yeah I'm skipping this question like Elizabeth did. Too lazy.

Go through a stack or box of your old music. Stuff that you may not have heard in years. Pick one and tell us about it. Is it as good (or as bad) as you remember?

I really never listened to more than the radio years ago. I just bought my first MP3 player this year and have maybe 10 CDs to my name.

Do you still sleep with a stuffed animal? We won't laugh!

Yes. It’s a little bear that came with a pendant that Dr. Mad Scientist gave me for Christmas the first year we were dating (cliché, yes, I know!). I got into the habit of sleeping with this bear between my arms. Now if I sleep without him, my arms go numb in the middle of the night. Plus, having the bear under the covers helps deter Springs from blanket humping my boobs in the middle of the night. Ever wake up to find a cat giving you a breast exam while saluting you with his cat wiener?

Alright was that boring enough for you?

Now I'll show you what I'm working on:

100_5928

My Own Personal Jesus Spider Shopping Bag--this time in just some Lily's cotton partial balls I've had lying around.

100_5929

My Lily cardigan. I dig this pattern because you knit the sleeves before the body. That's a nice change of pace. The different increases I did turned out just fine. Messed up the stitch count a bit, but the sweater is pretty intuitive and being off a few stitches isn't going to ruin it.

Doesn't look like much now, but I'm excited to get it done. I'm knitting it out of my most beloved of all yarn -- TLC Cotton Plus.

And finally:

100_5930

Some spinning. Just one more bobbin to do of this and it's ply-city.

Oh and of course there's the super secret Christmas project. But it wouldn't be super secret if I showed you that now would it???

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Amby said...

Wow, the spinning is gorgeous, you're a natural!!!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous joymama said...

Thanks for sharing your meme. I don't really get the name for those things but they are fun to read.

Your spinning is beautiful! I really like the sweater too.

Have a great weekend.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

The spinning looks great. I love the variegated color of it. I love TLC COtton Plus too. I wish it came in bigger balls. Nice shopping bag!

11:42 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

My older bro used to eat Chef BoyRDee ravioli cold, right out of the can. Blech!

Pretty spin job! Looks almost Noro-ish!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice looking spinning! Hehe..like your PJSB! The Lily cardi looks interesting, going to have to check that pattern out. Hehe my kids like potty jokes too, 13 and 18 and still like them ;)

1:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your spinning is fantastic. I can't wait to see what it looks like plied.

Sauerkraut is awesome. I love the stuff. And Chef Boyardee? It does look gross, but I have a hankering for Beef-a-roni every now and then. Mmmm....

2:11 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

My brother loved, loved, loved spaghettios when he was a kid (still does, come to think of it) and the smell makes me gag. Ewww. Your spinning looks great. It is so humid here today that I think the roving would stick to me and not spin well so I'll wait until tomorrow. And it sucks about Monday. I procrastinate at home but not at work. I hope the rest of the week is not so awful.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have had the nickname Bug...Bugbite since you were a baby in the crib!!! You screamed, cried, wailed all the time nothing we did would calm you down. You were like a "Bugbite"...you can scratch and scratch but the itch never goes away!! Your spinning looks real good I really like those colors. Love, Mom

5:59 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Muahaha! Mom just spilled the beans about your nickname!

Oh, and for the love of the heavenly being, will you puh-leeze spill the beans about your "Christmas Project?" I wanna know! I wanna know!

-T.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Chef Boyardee is canned nastiness, absolutely.

The spinning is looking really good!! :)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Aww, Chef Boyardee isn't that bad! I used to eat it all time as a kid, and my kids really like it too. I just don't eat it anymore because it's too bland.

Now, what food REALLY grosses me out is seafood (except for stuff like frozen fish sticks, ha, ha!), especially lobsters and crabs with the shells still on. I refuse to eat any meat/fish that still looks like the animal it came from after it's cooked, and I especially couldn't eat something that I had to devein, or a pull a shell off of - UGH!

The bag looks great so far. Great spinning too!

11:25 PM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Great work spinning. I can't wait to see the plying.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Oh, nice spinning. And, great Me!Me! - I'm tempted to do it myself.

I have a co-worker who eats that Chef Boyardee stuff nearly every night. Ick.

8:18 AM  
Blogger buttercup said...

LOVE the PJSB and your spinning has really come a long way in a short time.

I don't think boys ever outgrow the poop and fart jokes.

4:12 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Nothing like catching up on a Bezzie meme!! I love some of your answers (okay, most of them)! But these posts always make me smile!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Nice even spinning, nice even winding on the bobbin! Gotta love the bright beachy colors, too. Can't wait to see the plying.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I also love TLC Cotton Plus, but I instituted a no more than 25% unnatural policy. Once (if ever) my stashed synthetics are used up, that's it. It's lucky I do have some Cotton Plus in the stash because it's the only yarn that I want to suspend the policy for.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home