Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sniff!

There's been boring knitting going on here.

I've started the body of Lily after finishing the sleeves and I'm about to turn the heel of Chunky's second tiger sock.

But speaking of Chunky, he's been keeping us busy.

This weekend was kindergarten graduation.

100_6010

My boy! What happened to my baby?!?!

His class put on a little variety show for the parents--little skits, poems, and Chunky and a couple of his classmates even gave a karate demonstration. I knew he takes a karate class after school each Wednesday, but I had no idea he was so good!

I won't bore you with all the video I took.

But I will post a picture of the little interviews they had with each kid that his teacher did and then hung around the auditorium.

100_60152

Here's what it says if you can't read it (and the picture cuts the bottom off):

Q: What's your favorite TV show or Movie?
A: Star Wars 1.
Q: What's your favorite color?
A: Green, blue, or orange. Probably orange.

Q: If you could be any age, what would it be?
A: 20, because my mom's 29 and my dad's 30.

Q: Will you ever have kids?
A: Can you get back to that question a little later? I can't decide, annoying kids? Or not annoying kids?

Q: If you could be any superhero, who would it be?
A: Wonder Woman (he laughs at his joke). Ironman.

Q: What's your favorite thing about school?
A: Every Friday we have fun stuff to do and we have a fun teacher. We would do anything for you, even give you $1,000.

Chunky: You forgot to ask me my favorite villan!
Q: So who is your favorite villan?
A: Rhino from Spiderman.

Sweet mother of Fatzah, I'm not sure what's funnier--that kid question or the Wonder Woman joke!

Labels:

25 Comments:

Blogger Criosa said...

lol! you've got an awesome kid!

I love that he'd give his teacher $1000!

when my niece graduated kindergarten a couple years ago, they had hand made hats and no gowns. you New Jersey folk have some high class kindergarten grads

12:02 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I agree with Criosa - that looks like a pretty fancy kindergarten gradution - that cap and gown are nicer than the plain black ones I wore when I graduated from college!

Those answers Chunky gave to the questions are too funny, especially the one about having kids!

If you think time is going by quickly now, wait until Chunky starts elementary school - it just seems to zoom by after that.

12:20 PM

12:20 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Holy Moo Cows! How funny are those answers?

You've got a smart cookie on your hands--only a smarty pants could make a joke like the Wonder Woman one.

-T.

12:52 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Awww! What happens to time when you have kids? My baby just graduated, too, but from High School! I love his list of answers. What a smart good looking guy!!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

His answers are precious. That's one of those things that you save and give to him when he gets older.

1:27 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Congratulations Chunky!! And watch out Bezzie!! You have one smart kiddo on your hands!!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

Congrats Chunky!!! Adorable interview. I like how he's give his teacher $1,000.

2:07 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Congratulations Chunky! On to conquer First Grade! That is quite the elaborate grad ceremony, too - back in the day, we made hats out of construction paper and masking tape and wore our regular clothes.

LOL, those answers are too funny! Ask him to elaborate on the age one!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Congrats Chunky!!!

I can't decide which comment is funnier either. They're both gems.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

What a sweetie! Aw, kindergarten graduation. What a handsome little graduate.

But the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? ;-)

6:40 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Awww What a cutie!! Watch out..it'll be the big graduation before you know it! :)

9:34 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

What a great kid - things will continue to speed by, but you guys will have a great time along the way.

COngratulations Chunky!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Congrats to Chunky on his graduation! Totally cool! And the question poster was hilarious! Sounds like he inherited your sense of humor ;).

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha!!! Did Chunkie just get done talking with his Grandpa B? Is that why he is in MaLarkie mode when he answered those ???'s ? Love, Mom

12:31 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Aw, he's witty just like you! What a cute little "big man". Congratulations Chunky!!!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Disco said...

I wonder where he gets that sense of humour ;0)

He's certainly got the smarts - I'm sure with your guidance and excellent parenting he'll put that to good use.

It's strange how time warps. A day at work can seem like forever, but then you have a baby and about 10 minutes later they're off to school.

Congrats Chunky :0)

9:01 AM  
Anonymous joymama said...

Won-da-wom-an! I can hear the theme song now..

Congratulations Chunky!
You look really handsome in your robes.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

The interview is toooo freaking funny.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Brena said...

Man, those answers are priceless. When I read the $1000 answer I involuntarily awwwww-ed. Heh... Wonder Woman.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Gee, I wonder where he gets that sense of humour from...

6:06 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Congratulations! What an adorable kid.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Both! I miss you!

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

OOOOH, he looks sooo handsome!! I love cap and gown pix!! I hope you blow it up! did you cry? i always do!

(PS: you need to ask him where he's stashing those thousand bucks!!)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Ah Bezzie he is so darn handsome. I bet your one proud momma!!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home