Wednesday, July 23, 2008

2 of 6

I finished hat #2 of the 6 I'm making for the B6 Family last night.

I hope Oldest Maternal Niece (aren't my blog nicknames clever?) doesn't read this blog. I don't think she does. Her mom does, so I won't be showing her hat when I make it, but I think it's safe to post OMN's hat.

Kind of a crappy photo, but here it is:

100_6133

The stats--

Pattern: Fusilli Beanie

Yarn: Noro Kureyon, color 153, not even a full ball

Needles: US 8

Notes: A fast and fun knit. I struggled with finding a pattern for OMN, but I settled on this one. After her mom informed me she digs purple--I pulled this Noro out of the stash.

Now because OMN is I want to say a young teenager now (or about to be one) I went with a beanie because it will keep her head warm without being too dorkalicious that she won't want to wear a hat when it's cold. It doesn't quite cover my ears. But I figure any head coverage is better than no coverage.

I grew up in a cold climate, I remember the peer pressure to not wear dorky winter hats!

I hope she digs it.

100_6125

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Very cute. I mean...its cool dude. Not dorky at all :) Hope teenager niece loves it!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I likey! Cool, not dorky!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Very pretty! I think she'll love it!

Yeah, here in Cleveland, I always see teenagers out in the middle of winter half-dressed. When it's -10 degrees outside, I could care less about being stylish, as long as I'm warm!

12:39 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I'm diggin' it! All the cooll kids are wearin' em.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous nikbudnik said...

It is perfect ;)

5:58 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Wow - I love the colours!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Brena said...

Awesome hat! I would think that a Noro is a sure bet for coolness.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Being a person who hates to wear hats (they make my head itch), I am always on the lookout for a hat that I can stand. That one looks great. I hope OMN likes it.

8:29 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Love the hat, the pattern and the colors. IF she likes purple, she'll love it!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hat is COOL!! I really like the colors in it. I am sure that OMN will love it. Love, Mom

9:56 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Definitely a teen-worthy beanie!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Mother Necessity said...

How lovely - so far I've avoided the pull of Noro, but after those pictures I may just finally succumb...

2:50 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

The color of that hat is gorgeous!

When I was a teen, I never wore hats. I would get serious hat head since my hair is so curly. Now, I don't care. I'd rather have hat head and be warm.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Really beautiful!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home