Sunday, July 27, 2008

3 of 6

Yesterday I finished the hat I made my Oldest Younger Brother for Christmas. He's the patriarch of the B6 Clan.

Wanna see it?

censored

Ooo! Pretty! Ha ha, I think Oldest Younger Brother gets over here once in a while, and while I will ruin the surprise that he's getting a hat for Christmas, he doesn't get to see what it is!

And for the first time I'm going to link to The Place That Shall Not Be Named for the knitters/crocheters who may want to see it. Sorry to T. and Mom who won't get to see it either...muhahahahaha!

Here's the link.

Enjoy it, it may not be up there long. I like to post FOs at The Place That Shall Not Be Named that either:

a.) are low-popularity patterns--(I try to post for patterns that less than 100 people post);
b.) are kooky creations (the penis); or
c.) I look like a scrotal turtle or bandito modeling them (Ice Queen and Si Capitan).

But moving on from knitting look what I picked up this weekend.

100_6140

Muhahahahahah!

I wanted to can last year, but never did.

This year I want to do some salsa and applesauce. Salsa from the farm-stand tomatoes the stand across the street from my office is selling (they just opened this past Monday). And applesauce from the apples on the tree in the front yard.

Oh! And pickles if my cucumber plants make good on all those flowers they're producing!

I used my birthday gift card from my bosses to purchase the canning supplies. (I also bought myself a flickr subscription--mainly because our computer can't burn CDs anymore and if our hard drive crashes, I will miss my pictures the most.) I've still got 1/2 of the card left too!

One of these upcoming weekends, me and my friend Betty C. will see what we can come up with. Bah-doom-doom-ching!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous joymama said...

Neat-o hat for your bro!

Have a fun time canning.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Nice hat! I'm sure he'll love it. Hope the canning goes well.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Have you ever canned before? My mom used to do it all the time when I was a kid (actually, she still does and makes a mean blackberry jelly) - but I will have to admit I am clueless.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your canning. Just remember that the rims need to be wipe clean before you put the lids on and to boil them up real good. Love, Mom

4:31 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Neat hat! Canning is fun, a lot of work, but worth it. I used to make a lot of jelly/jams and one time did pickles...good!

4:51 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Man, that hat is jawesome!

Hey, if you happen to make some raspberry jam, send some to this poor fool who's jamless in the Midwest.

-T.

4:53 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Good luck on the canning!

I love the hat! And what you did with the mirasol! :)

10:48 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I've canned fruits and vegetables and made some pickles. It's enjoyable if the weather isn't too hot because all that boiling water on the stove puts out alot of humidity. And I always feel so virtuous as I pull a jar of homemade food off the shelf.

7:09 AM  
Blogger The Knitted Squirrel said...

I don't know where I should be posting for KAYE, But please add my name to the list! I had it last week still waiting for the results, but no news is good news!

8:59 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Cool hat! Canning your own garden harvest is very cool, too!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

wow, the hat looks very black and square.
um, cool.

12:35 PM  
Blogger buttercup said...

Linking to That Place? Oh how the mighty have fallen!!! ;-)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Canning eh? I remember canning tomatoes with my mom. I twas messy, hot, sticky, did I say messy? But it was really nice having the tomatoes in January!

9:10 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Can't wait to hear how the canning goes! I've always wanted to try (the salsa sounds yummy btw!).

And yay for free pie from the last post :)

1:39 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Great hat!

I want to try canning, but am feeling timid. Maybe if I buy some jars I'll feel braver.

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

OMG dude your birthday was EONS ago!! That card would've been spent that same day if it were me. I admire your ability to hold back.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I wish I have the attention span to can stuff. I'd walk away and burn it probably LOL

I have resisted the urge to join up for that place.....but I bet the hat is perfect!

12:55 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

He'll love the hat. Have fun canning!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home